Connection testing help please

Silky_Seward
442 posts Sunday League Hero
Is there a way to test my connection fully.

My problem is that I have had other players telling me that the game plays really slow for them. One has even thretened to report me for having a lag switch, lol.

I am on virgin with 200 download and 12 upload.

I have tried resetting my router and talking to virgin and changing settings. I am also wired to PC and XBOX. I have Fifa on both.

Is there any sort of test I can do to check things out. Do you think it could be my router at fault. Really struggling at the moment.

I would really appreciate any help whatsoever. Even playing some friendlies to test it further.

PC SILKY_SEWARD
XB1 PVT SniperUK

Thanks.

Comments

• Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    I'm with VM myself mate, would suggest logging into the router, turning off UPnP. If that doesn't work, put your console IP address in the DMZ.
  • Silky_Seward
    Thanks Retro _G i will give it a go. I have tried turning off Upnp for pc with no effect. Will try for console. Will i have to swap ip addresses when moving from console to ip in the dmz?

Thanks.
  • Retro_G
    Yeah give the console a static IP mate, shouldn't take long. Are you using the old router? I've the hub 3.0.
  • Silky_Seward
    I have hub 2. Maybe i should get it upgraded to a 3.
  • NornIron
    15505 posts World Class
    Try this test and see what the upload consistency is like.
    https://www.voipreview.org/speedtest
    Im not sure it works right on firefox.
    You could post the results here.
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/198656/fifa-17-gameplay-game-physics-issues-discussion#latest
  • adzm123
    799 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Turn off uPnP, thats helped me alot, i play with a wired connection now also, since VM are wayy to slow
  • Silky_Seward
    Thanks Norniron i will check it out.
  • Silky_Seward
    Thanks adzm123.
  • Silky_Seward
    Just checked my latency in my detailed network statistics and it is 160 ms. Not good.
  • NornIron
    15505 posts World Class
    Just checked my latency in my detailed network statistics and it is 160 ms. Not good.

I think most is high on that test but its the view details u need to look at its tells you alot more but like i said i dont think it works on firefox.
  • Retro_G
    edited January 2017

Ah yeah get on the blower to them, tell them your hub isn't working, the Wi-Fi signal keeps dropping, you want an upgrade or you will switch ISP.

They will probably send a technician out, sabotage the hub on that day by burning the cables inside the router, cable snipes, they will have to replace it for free. ;)
  • Silky_Seward
    Retro_G wrote: »

Ah yeah get on the blower to them, tell them your hub isn't working, the Wi-Fi signal keeps dropping, you want an upgrade or you will switch ISP.

They will probably send a technician out, sabotage the hub on that day by burning the cables inside the router, cable snipes, they will have to replace it for free. ;)

Thanks Retro_G.

I have also downloaded a program from EA and tested my connection and it is 115 ms (UO trace.exe) Is that maybe because it's in Canada. Don't know. I tried the Europe ip and that times out.

https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/eahelp/documents/uotrace.exe
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    thats a result if you can get your isp to hinder your opponents...wish mine would lol.

no in all seriousness.

i like voipreview.org.

jitter graphs .
    things like upload consistency....

if your connection is "hindering" your opponent i wonder how your download consistency is?

also dslreports is quite good but

pingplotter is way better than traceroute