Disastrous youth squad players

Durkydur
8 posts Last Pick at the Park
Most of the youth players that I sign have bizarre stats and features for their specific roles. For example the most recent one was a CDM, 5ft5 that could also play as a CB with 5 star skills 4 star weak-foot, high attacking work rate and low defence work rate...utterly pointless to use him in rotation. I still have numerous problems with the generated players and their stats. Certain stats increase over time but the ones that actually matter in terms of their physical etc don't increase at all...EA really needs to focus more on Career Mode than Ultimate Team. Sure, online mode makes them a ridiculous amount every year but I've had enough. Money grabbing ****. Anyway, went slightly off track... what's the most pointless player you've managed to get from the Youth Academy? Quite interested to see what others have gotten :wink:

Comments

• Caltson
    47 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The most pointless?
    A top rated left midfield youth player with promising future and suddenly aging from age 17 to 57 after editing his appereance, thanks to a bug present in the game since FIFA 15.. He retired the next season.
    That was the most pointless (and frustrating) experience I had with the youth academy.

Bug hasn't been fixed so far, so basically I'm not editing any youth player's appereance, which means they're all playing with tucked-in shirts (which I don't find a great sight to look at) and usually some weird combination of boots.
  • Durkydur
    8 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Caltson wrote: »
    The most pointless?
    A top rated left midfield youth player with promising future and suddenly aging from age 17 to 57 after editing his appereance, thanks to a bug present in the game since FIFA 15.. He retired the next season.
    That was the most pointless (and frustrating) experience I had with the youth academy.

Bug hasn't been fixed so far, so basically I'm not editing any youth player's appereance, which means they're all playing with tucked-in shirts (which I don't find a great sight to look at) and usually some weird combination of boots.

Huh, I've never heard of that bug. I play on PC, if that's true then that's messed up :open_mouth:
  • Caltson
    47 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I don't think the bug occurs on PC, so consider yourself lucky! :wink:
    So far I know the bug occurs on PS3, Xbox 360 and PS4.
    See the picture below, my interface's dutch, 'LFT' equals 'AGE'.

SAM_3593.JPG