BPL SWEAT - You are wrong about this

1
DanSmith89
400 posts Sunday League Hero
I know that its very popular to hate on players that use the BPL 'SWEAT' teams as they are called, so I wanted to launch a defence of people that use these types of players - including myself - a regular elite WL achiever and division 1 player.

I really don't get why everyone hates people playing that have Shaw, Smalling, Bailly, Walker, Kante, Martial, Musa etc. I have all of these in my squad (except Musa & Kante)- why? Because they are some of the best, most effective and best value players on the game.

Firstly, this is bound to be the most popular team as the majority of the people on this forum are english, so the BPL is going to be their favourite league and also the one where they have the most knowledge of.

Secondly, what you guys have to remember is, not all people have infinite coins where they can spend money on legends. Those people that have a go at 'sweat' players still have pacy players in their team. I bet everyone that criticises these types of teams still have really quick defenders and players with 85+ pace up front. So it is hypocritical to criticise people that have the same team structure, but have to do it in a much smaller budget.

I play 4-4-2 and play attacking passing football. I pass it out from the back at goal kicks, and generally pass and move the whole way through, using my team. I don't park the bus or resort to negative time wasting tactics. However, If i face people that do this, then I just accept it as part of the game and as a genuine strategy that people are within their rights to implement.

Instead of moaning about these negative merchants, just focus on how you get beat them. After all, playing against someone that employs PTB means that you will certainly have much more of the ball than them and therefore have more opportunities to create chances.

As I have said before, players' pace, along with players' strength, are 2 of the only elements of the game that cannot be controlled by the player. It therefore makes sense to have players that can naturally move quickly as it is so much more easier to attack and defend. Everyone that plays the game has fast players - get over it.

I just wanted to outline my thoughts on this as I feel that people dont appreciate that the BPL SWEAT teams are just a practical way of building a competitive team consisting of good, cheap premier league players.

Also, if a player is OP on the game, then you can't blame for someone for using players that are effective and efficient on the game. Sure, blame EA for making them overrated, but if there is a really great defender (Smalling) available for 20k, and you don't play the markets game to make coins, then it surely makes sense to use him?

Can you see how my points are valid?

Comments

  • slicknick
    2626 posts Fans' Favourite
    tl;dr

    **** bpl sweat
  • CM15
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What annoys me more than the oh so familiar lineups is the addition of scoring a sweaty goal with Mr Musa, running to the corner flag and dabbing on repeat. Grow up. Team, use who you like, but pace abuse is most frustrating to play game after game.
  • Bas
    1209 posts Professional
    Boring bpl crap
  • Nokesy28
    709 posts Semi-Pro
    Fully disagree with everything
  • Dazido
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Its more that the people who play so negatively and exploit the game as much as they can (PTB, pace abuse, relying on counters) regularly use those players, therefore anyone who uses them gets thrown in a same boat. There is nothing wrong with using those players/teams, its just how you use them.

    Doesnt sound like you are one of them, so just keep doing what you do.
  • DanSmith89
    400 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah Musa is annoying coz he's crap in real life. The rest of the players that are moaned about are good in real life, so I don't get why they are hated on in the game?

    @Nokesy28 what do you disagree with?
  • SeaDawgBob
    940 posts Professional
    I think there's a 50/50 chance EA Nerfs a lot of the OP BPL Players (I really hope they do!) . 78 Musa, 82 Martial, 84 Smalling, 81 Kante shouldn't be the class of the game. I'm a BPL Fan so most of my team is made of BPL players, but it does get old constantly playing the same type of team over and over again.

    I love playing a team with random formations and different tactics, with variety of players. However those days are becoming few and far between.
  • Nokesy28
    709 posts Semi-Pro
    DanSmith89 wrote: »
    Yeah Musa is annoying coz he's crap in real life. The rest of the players that are moaned about are good in real life, so I don't get why they are hated on in the game?

    @Nokesy28 what do you disagree with?

    Pretty much what daz said mate, most people who use those players are all the same ptb counter noobs. Fair play to you for playing the game properly though
  • CM15
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    In Kante's case he plays like he should, its just his rating doesn't reflect his ability, will get an upgrade I'm sure
  • sharkey1988
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I haven't got most of these players but I completely agree with you. I'm an average player at best but these OP players have weaknesses so I prefer to be playing against these than the likes of Ronaldo,bale,messi. You just have to learn how to beat these OP teams but just like the op says it's not the persons fault that EA made these players overpowered
  • bigpokey24
    4843 posts Big Money Move
    DanSmith89 wrote: »
    I know that its very popular to hate on players that use the BPL 'SWEAT' teams as they are called, so I wanted to launch a defence of people that use these types of players - including myself - a regular elite WL achiever and division 1 player.

    I really don't get why everyone hates people playing that have Shaw, Smalling, Bailly, Walker, Kante, Martial, Musa etc. I have all of these in my squad (except Musa & Kante)- why? Because they are some of the best, most effective and best value players on the game.

    Firstly, this is bound to be the most popular team as the majority of the people on this forum are english, so the BPL is going to be their favourite league and also the one where they have the most knowledge of.

    Secondly, what you guys have to remember is, not all people have infinite coins where they can spend money on legends. Those people that have a go at 'sweat' players still have pacy players in their team. I bet everyone that criticises these types of teams still have really quick defenders and players with 85+ pace up front. So it is hypocritical to criticise people that have the same team structure, but have to do it in a much smaller budget.

    I play 4-4-2 and play attacking passing football. I pass it out from the back at goal kicks, and generally pass and move the whole way through, using my team. I don't park the bus or resort to negative time wasting tactics. However, If i face people that do this, then I just accept it as part of the game and as a genuine strategy that people are within their rights to implement.

    Instead of moaning about these negative merchants, just focus on how you get beat them. After all, playing against someone that employs PTB means that you will certainly have much more of the ball than them and therefore have more opportunities to create chances.

    As I have said before, players' pace, along with players' strength, are 2 of the only elements of the game that cannot be controlled by the player. It therefore makes sense to have players that can naturally move quickly as it is so much more easier to attack and defend. Everyone that plays the game has fast players - get over it.

    I just wanted to outline my thoughts on this as I feel that people dont appreciate that the BPL SWEAT teams are just a practical way of building a competitive team consisting of good, cheap premier league players.

    Also, if a player is OP on the game, then you can't blame for someone for using players that are effective and efficient on the game. Sure, blame EA for making them overrated, but if there is a really great defender (Smalling) available for 20k, and you don't play the markets game to make coins, then it surely makes sense to use him?

    Can you see how my points are valid?

    Rubbish, why are you explaining yourself? Are you feeling guilty? It is boring coming up against the same players time after time.. talk-less of the 2 noob formations 4321 and 41212(2)
  • bigpokey24
    4843 posts Big Money Move
    Nokesy28 wrote: »
    Fully disagree with everything

    B)
  • Gromit
    3450 posts National Call-Up
    Hate them because these FUT players are the dullest most play safe lacking in imagination players around.

    Thousands of cards in the game and they play hundreds of games with the same 5 or 6 players.

  • Martythedoc
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's the **** after that's the issue. If you are playing like that, Don't watch every replay, shush, dab, run to flag etc.
  • CM15
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's the **** after that's the issue. If you are playing like that, Don't watch every replay, shush, dab, run to flag etc.

  • Dazido
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I haven't got most of these players but I completely agree with you. I'm an average player at best but these OP players have weaknesses so I prefer to be playing against these than the likes of Ronaldo,bale,messi. You just have to learn how to beat these OP teams but just like the op says it's not the persons fault that EA made these players overpowered

    Fully agree, as for EA they do this every year, it used to be brazilian sweat back in the FUT 11/12/13 days with the likes of David Luiz, Welliton, Nilmar, Wallyson being waaaay overused and over powered. BPL sweat has always been a thing, darren bent, abonglahor, sturridge, luiz, paulinho, walker, eto, benteke, every year the same ****
  • DanSmith89
    400 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah that is fair enough if the frustration is at people that use ptb etc, that is a different issue.

    Agreed, I would much rather play against this team than against a team packed with world stars such as Ronaldo, Bale, Griezman etc. The Sweat team aren't that good in the grand scheme of things.

    I play an attacking style (as I said flat 4-4-2) so my offensive formation is different to most others you come across. I just don't think that players that use BPL players should be subjected to the same stereotypes as PTB.

    Besides, I have played against plenty of other types of teams that park the bus as well. It's like I mentioned before, coz of the popularity of the premier league, it's obvious that you are going to come up against this sort of team the most,

    Finally, every player uses fast players in the key positions. I have never come up against David Silva, Harry Kane, Olivier Giroud at all. Why? Coz they are slow AF and not effective in FIFA.

    At the end of the day, the person controlling the players is the most important thing on the game. If a player is a wonderful passer, he doesn't need to pick players with really high passing stats. However, with pace, it can't be controlled by the player, that is why it's such an essential stat for players.

    I really don't get how people don't understand this - Pace isn't something that is effected by the ability of the person controlling the player
  • Bas
    1209 posts Professional
    What i dont understand is why these people play fut?

    Shouldnt you play games to upgrade your team?

    Whats the fun of buying your team the first week and play al year with these crappy players.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    People use players from most popular league in the world. Who would have guessed it?
  • M4YON
    1026 posts Professional
    edited January 2017
    4-3-3 (4) attacking

    Clyne - Bailey - Smalling - Shaw
    Cazorla - Kante
    Coutinho
    Delefeuo - Sturridge - Martial

    This is the team i play with my wingers have pace as all natural wings do, Bailey and Smalling have stregnth and speed allowing them to press higher up the field full backs overlap to support wingers and most fullbacks have 80+ pace for that reason.

    This is a genuine tactical set up to attack yet you all call it sweat, why? Do you not think my attacking style of play can be exploited? A good counter attacking team could cause me all sorts of issues and have done in online games.

    So what is the issue here?
  • Bas
    1209 posts Professional
    Rutta wrote: »
    People use players from most popular league in the world. Who would have guessed it?

    I think there are more bpl players in the game then the 9-10 i see in every bpl squad

  • Nokesy28
    709 posts Semi-Pro
    M4YON wrote: »
    4-3-3 (4) attacking

    Clyne - Bailey - Smalling - Shaw
    Cazorla - Kante
    Coutinho
    Delefeuo - Sturridge - Martial

    This is the team i play with my wingers have pace as all natural wings do, Bailey and Smalling have stregnth and speed allowing them to press higher up the field full backs overlap to support wingers and most fullbacks have 80+ pace for that reason.

    This is a genuine tactical set up to attack yet you all call it sweat, why? Do you not think my attacking style of play can be exploited? A good counter attacking team could cause me all sorts of issues and have done in online games.

    So what is the issue here?

    I think I played you 27 times last WL. What are the chances
  • M4YON
    1026 posts Professional
    edited January 2017
    Nokesy28 wrote: »
    M4YON wrote: »
    4-3-3 (4) attacking

    Clyne - Bailey - Smalling - Shaw
    Cazorla - Kante
    Coutinho
    Delefeuo - Sturridge - Martial

    This is the team i play with my wingers have pace as all natural wings do, Bailey and Smalling have stregnth and speed allowing them to press higher up the field full backs overlap to support wingers and most fullbacks have 80+ pace for that reason.

    This is a genuine tactical set up to attack yet you all call it sweat, why? Do you not think my attacking style of play can be exploited? A good counter attacking team could cause me all sorts of issues and have done in online games.

    So what is the issue here?

    I think I played you 27 times last WL. What are the chances

    I don't play in the WL never have never will but i expect you have probably played similar teams. The issue is people look for reviews on the best budget PL players on various forums as most average players don't have more than 200k to spend on a team and so everyone ends up with incredibly similar teams.
  • DanSmith89
    400 posts Sunday League Hero
    @M4YON is right.

    Just because these players are really popular, doesn't mean that you should hate on all the people using these teams.

    If BPL players could afford Aguero, Sanchez, Hazard, De Bruyne, Pogba then i am
    Sure they would buy them! I already have Aguero & Hazard but would buy the rest for sure if I could!

    Also, all the top players are ridiculously quick. It frustrates me more when I play people with Bale, Ronaldo, Messi etc coz they have obviously spent real money on a team.

    This is much more frustrating as it creates an uneven playing field
  • Nokesy28
    709 posts Semi-Pro
    M4YON wrote: »
    Nokesy28 wrote: »
    M4YON wrote: »
    4-3-3 (4) attacking

    Clyne - Bailey - Smalling - Shaw
    Cazorla - Kante
    Coutinho
    Delefeuo - Sturridge - Martial

    This is the team i play with my wingers have pace as all natural wings do, Bailey and Smalling have stregnth and speed allowing them to press higher up the field full backs overlap to support wingers and most fullbacks have 80+ pace for that reason.

    This is a genuine tactical set up to attack yet you all call it sweat, why? Do you not think my attacking style of play can be exploited? A good counter attacking team could cause me all sorts of issues and have done in online games.

    So what is the issue here?

    I think I played you 27 times last WL. What are the chances

    I don't play in the WL never have never will but i expect you have probably played similar teams. The issue is people look for reviews on the best budget PL players on various forums as most average players don't have more than 200k to spend on a team and so everyone ends up with incredibly similar teams.

    I don't think you tubers help either
  • DanSmith89
    400 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeh it's all about money, this sort of BPL side is the best available within a reasonable budget
  • DanSmith89
    400 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just because it's repetitive, shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush that plays with an average BPL squad.
  • M4YON
    1026 posts Professional
    Nokesy28 wrote: »
    M4YON wrote: »
    Nokesy28 wrote: »
    M4YON wrote: »
    4-3-3 (4) attacking

    Clyne - Bailey - Smalling - Shaw
    Cazorla - Kante
    Coutinho
    Delefeuo - Sturridge - Martial

    This is the team i play with my wingers have pace as all natural wings do, Bailey and Smalling have stregnth and speed allowing them to press higher up the field full backs overlap to support wingers and most fullbacks have 80+ pace for that reason.

    This is a genuine tactical set up to attack yet you all call it sweat, why? Do you not think my attacking style of play can be exploited? A good counter attacking team could cause me all sorts of issues and have done in online games.

    So what is the issue here?

    I think I played you 27 times last WL. What are the chances

    I don't play in the WL never have never will but i expect you have probably played similar teams. The issue is people look for reviews on the best budget PL players on various forums as most average players don't have more than 200k to spend on a team and so everyone ends up with incredibly similar teams.

    I don't think you tubers help either

    No probably not, the Irony is i got most of the reviews for the best BPL players to buy on a budget..... right here! On this forum.
  • Foregone Conclusion
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dont hate the player hate the game. OP raises some good points
  • M4YON
    1026 posts Professional
    DanSmith89 wrote: »
    @M4YON is right.

    Just because these players are really popular, doesn't mean that you should hate on all the people using these teams.

    If BPL players could afford Aguero, Sanchez, Hazard, De Bruyne, Pogba then i am
    Sure they would buy them! I already have Aguero & Hazard but would buy the rest for sure if I could!

    Also, all the top players are ridiculously quick. It frustrates me more when I play people with Bale, Ronaldo, Messi etc coz they have obviously spent real money on a team.

    This is much more frustrating as it creates an uneven playing field

    It's not really Ultimate Team because the chance of you being able to generate the funds to build OUR actual ultimate teams is slim to none. You either pour money into it, become a streamer and get sponsored or the least likely pull a really expensive player and sell him to fund your team.

    It all leads to one thing a bucket load of similar OP teams and a bunch of whiners complaining about them.
Sign In or Register to comment.