Buy Irish Players

hankiecutsit
2603 posts Fans' Favourite
Saw a thread about it in XB1 community center and thought there should be one here too, especially since I don't even have an Xbox. Every year, or at least every year from 13 when I was actually playing during March (started 12 towards the end of it so don't know for certain but I'm fairly sure they've been doing it since 11), EA have done a Patrick's Day tournament and Irish players skyrocket.

Every year people say that it's not worth it and this will finally be the year people cotton on. That year is never going to come because the amount of people who just play this game and have no source of information on it outside of Youtubers is vastly more than the amount of people on here, and there are more new users every year who'll just have no idea about it. I remember during 13 I sold Keith Fahey for 17k and that pretty much cemented it in my head that this is easy money.

So to get away from that ramble, this is just the safest investment of all time. Non-rare golds are going for 350 and most rares for 650, so even in the 10000000000000-1 shot that EA decide not to do anything you can just discard them and make a negligible loss.

In that XB1 thread also people were saying about there being no tournaments this year and how that would make it less worthwhile, which makes absolutely no sense because firstly the daily knockout tournaments for the week still do exist, and Patrick's Day falls on a Friday this year so WL requiring Irish players (even if it's just 1) is entirely possible. Also, SBCs impact the market even more than a tournament because in tandem with the hugely inflated demand, the supply is drained. With the tournaments in years before, people would buy players play the tournament and sell them on. This year, assuming there is an SBC, they'll be bought and essentially discarded.

This is quite a long post for such a simple point but I thought I'd just put everything in the one place. I don't know how many I have at the moment, I've bought full teams of all Airtricity sides and have an Irish team I've used a lot + another full team for any SBC they may do and then around 100 or so. Even last year there was a point where non-rare mid-50s rated Irish players insta-sold for like 2k. There is basically no reason not to do this unless you already have more coins than you could possibly ever require.

Comments

• PsychosisTime
    837 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fully agree. 350 discard players will rise to 1k plus if there is a SBC.

Personally I think there will be a green kit SBC and possibly a SBC for someone like Robbie Keane
  • exzoo
    31940 posts National Team Captain
    I bought some Yaya Toure's, hope his price will skyrocket
  • Realist
    3015 posts National Call-Up
    exzoo wrote: »
    I bought some Yaya Toure's, hope his price will skyrocket

Lol

On the serious tho they will defo do a paddys sbc of some sort. Especially given what they did for scream and Movember
  • hankiecutsit
    Fully agree. 350 discard players will rise to 1k plus if there is a SBC.

Personally I think there will be a green kit SBC and possibly a SBC for someone like Robbie Keane

I mean with the current MM any gold English player at all was going for 1.5k+ for a while and the Irish pool is a lot smaller plus the prizes for the tournament have been really big before so depending on that they could go for even more. You'll at least triple your money on the 350 golds no matter what.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    Be careful, you don't want to be flagged for abnormal market activity heh.
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    Doubt we'll see tournaments but we will probably see SBCs. I'm sure there's a St Patricks Day kit as well.
  • PsychosisTime
    837 posts An Exciting Prospect
    TeamRem wrote: »

I've just brought every Irish player in the game, can't be flagged then. Already got 4K+ players anyway.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite

I've just brought every Irish player in the game, can't be flagged then. Already got 4K+ players anyway.

My point being that when you sell them for 1k+, EAs flawed flagging system might shut down your account. Similar activity seemed to have shut down a bunch of PS4 accounts last week.
  • hankiecutsit

My point being that when you sell them for 1k+, EAs flawed flagging system might shut down your account. Similar activity seemed to have shut down a bunch of PS4 accounts last week.

I'm about 80% sure this will happen to me.
  • ImAtrocious
    1798 posts Play-Off Hero
    So I hopped on board a bought a few as well....here's my question:

Is there anywhere to store the items since you can't have duplicates in your club?

My transfer pile is at 100 but I don't want to list them yet as I'm selling other things more actively. Does the transfer targets list only go to 50, or can I bump that to 100 as well?
  • hankiecutsit
    So I hopped on board a bought a few as well....here's my question:

Is there anywhere to store the items since you can't have duplicates in your club?

My transfer pile is at 100 but I don't want to list them yet as I'm selling other things more actively. Does the transfer targets list only go to 50, or can I bump that to 100 as well?

That has been annoying, I'm just going to buy a load of random bronzes and silvers for 150 and store them in my club now that I've got about as much as I can hold. I think you can get the watch list to 70 but not certain.