Escape to Victory Please!!!

Solomace
460 posts Sunday League Hero
edited January 2017
So I've just watched Escape to Victory again with my son which I believe is a rite of passage for any kid who loves football :wink:

If it wasn't for this film we wouldn't have the legends we have now in the game, but after all the many years of posts of who people want as legends, I've never heard any mention Ossie Ardiles as a legend. After watching Escape and the over the head flick he does, surely he deserves a legend spot in Fifa 18? :)

Also give me the Allies and German Kits as playable kits please :)

Okay, I'm a little drunk and feeling extremely nostalgic after watching this movie.

How much is Bobby going for atm? :).

Victoire!

Comments

• Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    A great film, which includes the bonus random casting of Sylvester Stallone.. some much football royalty, and Rocky.

Aaaaddddrrrriiiiaaannn!
  • Wonderfulwest
    4698 posts National Call-Up
    It's a entertaining film if you love football but I don't understand how that film created legends ? All the player were already established names in the sport
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    Ozzy Ardilles and Ricky Villa both deserve a mention legend wise. Amirite? @FifaBossss94 :p
  • Davisto
    6301 posts Big Money Move
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »
    A great film, which includes the bonus random casting of Sylvester Stallone.. some much football royalty, and Rocky.

Aaaaddddrrrriiiiaaannn!

:joy:
  • Solomace
    It's a entertaining film if you love football but I don't understand how that film created legends ? All the player were already established names in the sport

Okay m8, don't take it so literally.

FIFA has classic 11 that have kits based on escape to victory and I was putting in a tentative link between legends and escape to victory and that the film is to thank for someone at Fifa thinking it would be a good idea to put legends in Fifa.

Yes I'm making it up, but hey, I love the film...:)

• Solomace

Aaaaddddrrrriiiiaaannn!

^^^^^
    Ozzy Ardilles and Ricky Villa both deserve a mention legend wise. Amirite? @FifaBossss94 :p

That's some FA cup goal still.

A certain Liverpool manager should have watched that goal before today's match and seen what the magic of the cup still means... :(
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    Let's not overlook John Wark and his magnificent moustache... there were a few Ipswich players in it if I recall correctly. Russel Osman maybe? I was always stuck with his panini sticker back in the day..
  • Solomace
    Let's not overlook John Wark and his magnificent moustache... there were a few Ipswich players in it if I recall correctly. Russel Osman maybe? I was always stuck with his panini sticker back in the day..

True m8. If you listen to Alan Brasil he talks about how they came to the Ipswich training ground and asked if anyone wants to be in a movie. He should have said yes...