NEW TEAM:

4-1-2-1-2

Butland

Walker Smalling Kosc Rose

Kante

Mahrez Payet

Rooney

Vardy SIF Benteke

Leaves me around 60k for any upgrades next week. I know the hype around Martial however I've always fancied trying out Payet. May try out IF Zaha to link in with Benteke however Mahrez is one of the few players I've enjoyed playing with this year.

My question is does anyone have any advice for the team / specific player instructions? I've always just played 'default' from not having that luxury in years gone by however I've seen a few threads on the topic so any advice would be much appreciated.

I will make the weekend league before Fifa 18!!

Comments

• florida chillin
    785 posts Professional
    edited January 2017
    YouTube custom tactics and player instructions to fit your playing style bud....it sure does help. You have a solid squad, however, the work rates for rooney and Vardy are not good, in my opinion. Maybe change them...cheers and good luck
  • SHANDY-DRINKER
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    DWR wrote: »
    So following on from my last thread my new team looks as follows:

NEW TEAM:

4-1-2-1-2

Butland

Kante

Mahrez Payet

Rooney

Vardy SIF Benteke

Leaves me around 60k for any upgrades next week. I know the hype around Martial however I've always fancied trying out Payet. May try out IF Zaha to link in with Benteke however Mahrez is one of the few players I've enjoyed playing with this year.

My question is does anyone have any advice for the team / specific player instructions? I've always just played 'default' from not having that luxury in years gone by however I've seen a few threads on the topic so any advice would be much appreciated.

If you're playing the wide version of 4 1 2 1 2 which it looks like with Mahrez and Payet I would swap it up for the narrow version or even try 4 3 1 2 which gives you 2 striker options again. A lot of people play narrow formations this year so they may overpower you or cut you open in midfield. You could try Fernandinho and Can in midfield instead of Payet and Mahrez and try Martial out as Striker or CAM. You have a solid GK and Defence with some ppl preferring Bellerin over Walker or Bailly over Koscienly it's just personal preference again. Others who I have found OP are Sterling, Walcott, Lukaku and Mkhitaryan.

• zzBANTERSQUADzz
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    hello mate am old timer aswell, if you want to play sometime do you have mic and i can help with tactics a bit.
    Just be careful as the youtubes are pro players and there gameplay style will not be the same as yours but i find boras legend goes through about customs tactics and gameplay defo worth a watch
  • DWR
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    YouTube custom tactics and player instructions to fit your playing style bud....it sure does help. You have a solid squad, however, the work rates for rooney and Vardy are not good, in my opinion. Maybe change them...cheers and good luck

Cheers mate. Found Vardy terrible as a lone striker however he works pretty well in a 2. Did try Coutinho as CAM but I never seemed to do anything with him.
    DWR wrote: »
    So following on from my last thread my new team looks as follows:

NEW TEAM:

4-1-2-1-2

Butland

Kante

Mahrez Payet

Rooney

Vardy SIF Benteke

If you're playing the wide version of 4 1 2 1 2 which it looks like with Mahrez and Payet I would swap it up for the narrow version or even try 4 3 1 2 which gives you 2 striker options again. A lot of people play narrow formations this year so they may overpower you or cut you open in midfield. You could try Fernandinho and Can in midfield instead of Payet and Mahrez and try Martial out as Striker or CAM. You have a solid GK and Defence with some ppl preferring Bellerin over Walker or Bailly over Koscienly it's just personal preference again. Others who I have found OP are Sterling, Walcott, Lukaku and Mkhitaryan.

4-3-1-2 got me all the way to D2 until the wheels came off - D5 now and can't buy a win! I have Can on my bench and have tried a few of the players you mentioned - Sterling was good, Lukaku not so much.

hello mate am old timer aswell, if you want to play sometime do you have mic and i can help with tactics a bit.
    Just be careful as the youtubes are pro players and there gameplay style will not be the same as yours but i find boras legend goes through about customs tactics and gameplay defo worth a watch

I don't have a mic as I broke the one I got my my Xbox and didn't think it was worth the money replacing. I just get to hear people trolling me through my TV speakers now. I'll check that guy out mate thank you.