Surprise Surprise?! FUT Champs script?

LFCKhalifa
441 posts Sunday League Hero
First off i want to say that i believe that if you are good enough (and have a good team) you can beat 'the script' of FUT Champs. (shown by the pros and TOP100 players)

But now i want to adress some stuff and i would love to hear if you guys agree...

I've started this WL with 6-1, went to 8-2, then 10-8 and now i am at 18-19 (don't know if i'll play my last few games).... It has been like this for me every week and i feel like EA somehow script the games to some extent... after i started 6-1 my gameplay changed massively. Most of you will say i got better opponents because of ELO and so on, but my players just started to become completely crap... I just couldn't score, conceded own goals where my players randomly run into the ball and so on, Griezmann who has 59 games 109 goals for me (all divisions and fut champs), had about a 10 game run where he couldn't control the ball, missed every shot and was just feeling like a bronze player, while i destroyed everybody with him before.

I've had WLs where my opponents got better (or worse depending on my record), but this WL i had so many opponents who where i'd say a bit weaker than i am and they beat me. I felt like this was the weekend i could've gone to Gold 1 or better, because i really didn't play a lot of good players. (Myself, I'm not a great FIFA player, but i can keep up with Div 1 players easily).

Furthermore last week i was 16-20 and then i won two games where i was just flying through the games to go 18-20 (no real effort put into it).

This week i was 16-19, won the first game pretty easily, the second game it was a hard battle against a good opponent, 3-3 at the 90th minute... 4 minutes of injury time i had a chance that took really long, he hit me on a counter attack, got through with Sturridge, i clearly fouled him in the penalty area, the ref let the play go on, i hoof the ball up front because the game should have been over and my Griezmann is suddenly through on goal to score the winner. I clearly should have lost this game, but EA gifted me the win, as they did in previous weeks when i was about to missout on Gold 3.

I just can't believe that it's the same every week, friends of mine are experiencing the complete same patterns of games, everyone of them are going between 18-21 wins every week.

Btw: i don't believe in handicapping, had about 3 opponents who had full special card teams with Ronaldo SIF Neymar TOTGS and so on and my players were completely chanceless, while i had a teamrating of 77 due to bronze benching...

This is not a rant thread, just would like to hear some of your opinions on the topic.

Comments

• zzachzx
    6279 posts Big Money Move
    no
  • LFCKhalifa
    zzachzx wrote: »
    no

great answer
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    I'm still inclined to think that you're really just a gold 2, gold 3 player.

But yeah i've had games where things just don't really go my way and usually i just take a break if i lose 3 in a row. There's no point in continuously playing if you've lost a few because you're already frustrated.

• 47goonz
    892 posts Semi-Pro
    Yep, agree with a lot of that. Especially the result patterns and repetitive experience. Same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ differenr WL, groundhog WL
  • ElBarco
    430 posts Sunday League Hero
    More likely to be hidden morale than scripting for me
  • LFCKhalifa
    ElBarco wrote: »

Or that one, would explain nearly everything
  • FletchSUFC
    1028 posts Professional
    Every week I go 7 wins from the first 10 games and then games 11-20 it is a nightmare... nothing to do with ELO because the players I'm losing to are terrible it's just that everything goes right for them in this block of games
  • ElBarco
    430 posts Sunday League Hero
    LFCKhalifa wrote: »
    ElBarco wrote: »

Or that one, would explain nearly everything

It was in the game in previous years. And on pro clubs you used to get your player rating bar and your pro played much better if it was full. I feel the two are linked
  • Liam_1999
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    I dont belive ea could code "Scripting" into the game as they cant even code all game mechanics properly, however if morale has some in game effect it could be significant
  • CFCHenri
    4390 posts National Call-Up
    Same for me. The patterns with the ELO ruin my experience in this year's FIFA. I go on winning streaks then the next games are terrible in terms of player movement, button delay, can't control a ball, always 2nd to the ball, no player reactions, slow turning like they're on mud, fast players can barely accelerate and sprint.

I want to lose playing a smooth game, not this crap and it's every time. It's no coincidence 1 or 2 players get injured due to button delay, slow unresponsive gameplay when I press a button and the game decides to take 2 touches instead of a first time pass,shot and gets tackled/clamped by my opponents.
  • SoundersAllDay
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's clearly Elo which has absolutely no place in WL.
  • No scripting just connection and human error, if you look at code while actually playing nothing says im crap let me score.
    It's just shows a pile of stats about your club and how much you've wasted on packs.
  • KUIKUI
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    same here when the monster catches you . you just lose 8-10 games .. and there is nothing you can do
  • Joseph88
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    Last weekend i started 8-0 fell asleep woke up and lost 3 in a row. Right now i'm 7-1. I'm expecting to go on a losing streak anytime now. The scripting/momentum in this mode is really strong. I'm a FIFA veteran and i only manage to get gold 1 or elite 3 every weekend. Only the very elite players can still manage to win with all the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that goes on in this mode.
  • Sauce_Richards_
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    NOt sure what people expect from this pathetic, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ poor attempt of a Football simulator
  • AlwaysDisappointed
    1907 posts Play-Off Hero
    Joseph88 wrote: »
    Last weekend i started 8-0 fell asleep woke up and lost 3 in a row. Right now i'm 7-1. I'm expecting to go on a losing streak anytime now. The scripting/momentum in this mode is really strong. I'm a FIFA veteran and i only manage to get gold 1 or elite 3 every weekend. Only the very elite players can still manage to win with all the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that goes on in this mode.
    Good luck bud, I was 8-0 and am now 11-10. My opponents aren't any harder but I'm having the worst time controlling my team.
  • AlwaysDisappointed
    1907 posts Play-Off Hero
    Im not even gonna bother finishing this wl, my health is more important than this garbage game.
  • KUIKUI
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good luck bud, I was 8-0 and am now 11-10. My opponents aren't any harder but I'm having the worst time controlling my team.

• KUIKUI
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    KUIKUI wrote: »
    yeah its true same here last night won 7 straight s;pet woke up and my team is diff now they cant control the ball, every pass is a mess weak . they are delayed
  • FletchSUFC
    1028 posts Professional
    Cmon EA FFS this is getting beyond a joke now... it is so blatantly obvious to see what happens in this game and it's gone too far in 17
  • Aspral
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    Every week I have the exact same pattern.

Win 8-12 games straight away. Lose a massive amount of games and finish with a winning streak. Always end up on 25-27 wins every week.

The problem is on the losing streaks my players can't pass, shoot, they're slow and feel like they're stuck in mud. On the winning streaks the feel like Gods. Every either goes my way or doesn't.

It's never sporadic winning. Always WWWWLLLLWWWW every single week. A lot of losses come up against players that I still dominate but super keepers save them even when the stats are so clear in my favour.

If I analyse it I could say I'm facing the bronze players and picking up wins against bad players. Then I could lose to good players until they go up to Gold and Elite. Then I finish off beating the rest of the Silver and Gold players still playing. That could cause the win, loss, win streak each week.

But it never explains why my players suddenly feel the polar opposite of what I've been using. I've made posts about it on this account to check.
  • FatZeddd
    524 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can people stop trying to say such things are ELO, if it is then all ELO does it reward poorer players who are being given wins due to match making or a connection advantage. Most of us have been playing long enough to know a good or above average player yet so many of us lose games because we or our team and AI simply refuse to play while the other seems fine or at least has an advantage over us...has nothing to do with skill. As people have said the skill gap is so small this year it is a joke, throw in the rest of the issues and people are being hand held and given free wins with little effort. The game needs to sort out its connection issues and somehow ensure that in game it is fair and even plus tone down the sky high levels of BS!
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    FatZeddd wrote: »
    Can people stop trying to say such things are ELO, if it is then all ELO does it reward poorer players who are being given wins due to match making or a connection advantage. Most of us have been playing long enough to know a good or above average player yet so many of us lose games because we or our team and AI simply refuse to play while the other seems fine or at least has an advantage over us...has nothing to do with skill. As people have said the skill gap is so small this year it is a joke, throw in the rest of the issues and people are being hand held and given free wins with little effort. The game needs to sort out its connection issues and somehow ensure that in game it is fair and even plus tone down the sky high levels of BS!

Skill gap is still pretty big if you compare top 100 to the normal player.

The gaps between normal players i agree is very small.
  • Thamightyboro
    8100 posts League Winner
    edited January 2017
    1-4 last night

Game 1 opponent just far better, tore me to shreds in a way nobody in my short time playing fifa (july 16) has 6-1 defeat wasily could have been double figures.

Game 2 tight 1-0 defeat even game.

Game 3 3-2 win even game 119th min winner.

Game 4 a strange one players felt sluggish I tore the guy to shreds but coyldnt score, 70 minish I put a tackle in he gets advantage played advantage lapses I then win ball back go up other end of pitch get into box he chops me down, ref blows GET IN PENALTY nope denied and the ball goes to where I tackled him easily 20 secs ago for a free kick. He ends up scoring a sterling shot from all of 30 yds his 1 shot om target of 2 all match.

Game 5 tetchy scrappy 0-0 neither got any momentum going with the few chances there was being speculative defeat 5-4 on pens

Game 4 was the only weird one last night ill see how today goes.
  • FatZeddd
    524 posts Sunday League Hero
    Stkyfngz wrote: »
    FatZeddd wrote: »

Skill gap is still pretty big if you compare top 100 to the normal player.

The gaps between normal players i agree is very small.

With regards to wins and consistency maybe but i have watched a few and really do not see such a big difference (sure they are good/ above average) but not so much skill i still think they are in a very good location and the connection and matchmaking has them in a sweet spot so to speak so you see less of all the BS and issues others faced. I guarantee you if they were playing from here (as in my place) they would get a shock!
  • agentxyz2
    1020 posts Professional
    45th and 90th minute anyone
  • daniel4o7903
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited January 2017
    i play every day and as i see till now i cannot beat the script i changed teams created new ones with different formation and try to maintain my rating max 80-81 .i can say im pretty descent player, but what happends in my case is one division i win and win the and i get promoted or i get title, the next one the upper one i only loose and loos 7-8 consecute looses .What i can say clearly is what i experience is when i win and play good my players just respond fast make fast the passes positioning is ok and they comunicate eachother good,but when im on loosing streak my players are like slow you can see with normal eye their reactions are like dummed. and im stuck on this two divisions.no way to beat the program yes the opponent with a good play i can beat but i cannot fight the program guys.every year becomes more and more dummed and unreal this fifa game. another thing is this unreal jockey tackle ,imagine the opposition player run and rush into mine and not only that but when they rush into my players they tackle and from tackle they hit the ball in somehow right direction and even pass to theyr teammate :))) hahaha and i cant do nothing and you know they are faster than you ..... any oppinions will be apreciated.
  • daniel4o7903
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Im not even gonna bother finishing this wl, my health is more important than this garbage game.

right