Just got banned..

Mr. Knäckebröd
287 posts Sunday League Hero
So today I received an email from EA saying that I didn't play by the rules, so my account is banned permanently. I swear I haven't done anything wrong, they didn't even say what I have done wrong, they just list a few things that you shouldn't do.

Is trading against the rules?

Please help, what should I do?

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    72030 posts Moderator
    giphy.gif
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    If you trade a lot then there seems to be a mass of bans for it today, eas detection thinks your a bot
  • avpap75
    94 posts Park Captain
    We are all trading from the start and for years......Cut the BS.....you did something wrong for sure!
  • Choepiechakie
    31945 posts National Team Captain
    Must because you support Ajax
  • Mr. Knäckebröd
    avpap75 wrote: »
    We are all trading from the start and for years......Cut the BS.....you did something wrong for sure!

No I didn't, I swear. I thought like you when I saw these kind of posts, now it happened to me. I will edit my trading method in the Opening post later today.
  • Mr. Knäckebröd
    If you trade a lot then there seems to be a mass of bans for it today, eas detection thinks your a bot

So no solution, no nothing?
  • IceIcePercy
    2551 posts Fans' Favourite
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    giphy.gif

C'mon @WFCBagnall I got banned too.... :'(
  • Mr. Knäckebröd
    giphy.gif

Did they gave you at least a proper reason?
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    This is an outrage.. EA need to be accountable for these bans and not hide behinde jargan in their T&C.

Whatever happened to looking after your customers? I love fifa but hate EA, they have become so greedy and egotistical
  • WFCBagnall
    72030 posts Moderator
    giphy.gif

Whaat :o:cry:
  • Mr. Knäckebröd
    If I don't get my account back, this will be the last straw, no FIFA for me anymore for the rest of my life. Destiny!!
  • Thamightyboro

Need to xontact customer services whp I imagine are swamped with people this has happened to. Im actually surprised I havent been caught up in it as I turn over 100 items a day.
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    If I don't get my account back, this will be the last straw, no FIFA for me anymore for the rest of my life. Destiny!!

Not true.. you will be hooked on their promotional gravy train and open a new account and buy points
  • Mr. Knäckebröd

Need to xontact customer services whp I imagine are swamped with people this has happened to. Im actually surprised I havent been caught up in it as I turn over 100 items a day.

Yeah I have send them an email, but it will take them 2 weeks to respond..
  • Mr. Knäckebröd
    Dazza3113 wrote: »

Not true.. you will be hooked on their promotional gravy train and open a new account and buy points

Nope, the last couple of years I wasn't playing this game seriously anyways. I bought FIFA 17 just a month ago and didn't even had 100K match coins, got my coins through trading. I am now past those years where I got super hyped after a teaser..
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    got my coins through trading

Care to elaborate?
  • Thamightyboro

Yeah I have send them an email, but it will take them 2 weeks to respond..

Live chat not an option?
  • Mr. Knäckebröd

Care to elaborate?

Yeah, I might edit my trading method in the opening post, just want to know what will happen to my account first. If I don't get it back I will leave FIFA permanently, so I may aswell leave something behind for this community.
  • Choepiechakie
    31945 posts National Team Captain

Care to elaborate?

Yeah, I might edit my trading method in the opening post, just want to know what will happen to my account first. If I don't get it back I will leave FIFA permanently, so I may aswell leave something behind for this community.

Maybe because you sold some players for mad money like silver sbc players for 10k, EA might think you sold those players for real money.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero

Care to elaborate?

Yeah you could advertise it as "The trading method so go, it'll get you banned". :smile:
  • Mr. Knäckebröd
    edited January 2017
    Robes wrote: »

Care to elaborate?

Yeah you could advertise it as "The trading method so go, it'll get you banned". :smile:

I used this method since FIFA 14, it doesn't make any sense why they should ban someone. Trading is not against the rules and yet here I am, banned for trading.
  • Mr. Knäckebröd

Care to elaborate?

Maybe because you sold some players for mad money like silver sbc players for 10k, EA might think you sold those players for real money.

No I didn't bother with SBC trading methods, most of my profits was between 400-1000 coins per player, with a few between 1000-3000k.
  • Frankenberry
    I used this method since FIFA 14, it doesn't make any sense why they should ban someone. Trading is not against the rules and yet here I am, banned for trading.

Really depends on the specifics, since there are definitely certain ways to make coins that are sketchier than others.
  • SunkenSeal
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited January 2017
    This is exactly why you shouldn't buy FIFA points. Stick to playing games and trading, then if you get banned you've not really lost anything.
  • Mr. Knäckebröd

Really depends on the specifics, since there are definitely certain ways to make coins that are sketchier than others.

I just sniped players for around 1k and sold them for 400-500 coins profit, so your typical poor man's trading method. I never invested in SBC cards to make profits 10x the costs of those cards, because I saw those as a risky method.
  • Mr. Knäckebröd
    SunkenSeal wrote: »
    This is exactly why you should't buy FIFA points. Stick to playing games and trading, then if you get banned you've not really lost anything.

Maybe they are just mad that I haven't spend a single cent since FIFA 13 lol.
  • PsychosisTime
    837 posts An Exciting Prospect

I just sniped players for around 1k and sold them for 400-500 coins profit, so your typical poor man's trading method. I never invested in SBC cards to make profits 10x the costs of those cards, because I saw those as a risky method.

Sniping = time outs = enough tumeouts = ban
  • Frankenberry
    I just sniped players

Sniping seems to be a grey area for EA. Not sure if it leads to permanent bans, but it definitely leads to increasingly larger timeouts from the market. Either way, EA definitely frowns on the behavior.

I'm guessing you did a lot of sniping? I wouldn't really consider it a trading method, still hoping EA takes more measures to remove it from the game.
  • QceCapo
    5603 posts Big Money Move
    SunkenSeal wrote: »
    This is exactly why you should't buy FIFA points. Stick to playing games and trading, then if you get banned you've not really lost anything.

Maybe they are just mad that I haven't spend a single cent since FIFA 13 lol.

savage
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    Care to elaborate this snipping method? Maybe you just did too many searches on the market in a short time and they believed that you might be up to something bad.