I'm thinking of going pack only

dopetothemax
2015 posts Fans' Favourite
I'm looking for a way to get some more enjoyment out of the game and was hoping to see if anyone here is pack only as well and if you could share your experience. I would only ever buy players from the market to put straight into SBCs, so it wouldnt be 100% pack only in that sense. Also wouldn't use any FIFA points either, just grinding. Would I regret this decision massively?

Comments

• uhMaZiiNq
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    If you want to end up with a cheap Bpl team go for it
  • dopetothemax
    If you want to end up with a cheap Bpl team go for it

Funny thing is, that's basically what I'm doing now. I have POTM Sterling as well as Martial and Vardy untradeable so I just have players around them. I have noticed that BPL players seem to be most common in packs so I may not end up with anything different
  • BackDaddy
    3268 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2017
    Hey mate I'm pack only 0 fp and 0 trading

These are my squads so far. Done plenty sbc gold upgrades etc with players I don't use

Lukaku
    Martial firminho mane
    Dembele can
    Azpi smalling Williams clyne
    De gea

Volland
    Konop sbc Muller if Muller
    Castro bender
    If hector toprak hummels brosinski
    Leno

Gabbiadini
    Insigne pjanic berardi
    Medel parolo
    Argentine inter lb Benatia acerbi scheloto
    Reina

Bakambu
    Carrasco sbc Isco orelana
    Nzonzi gabi
    Gaya laporte matthieu juanfran
    Lloris

It's a bit of a grind at first but I've enjoyed this year more than most not worrying about prices or trading. It also makes packing someone like lukaku or bender more exciting
  • dopetothemax
    BackDaddy wrote: »

These are my squads so far. Done plenty sbc gold upgrades etc with players I don't use

Lukaku
    Martial firminho mane
    Dembele can
    De gea

Volland
    Castro bender
    Leno

Gabbiadini
    Insigne pjanic berardi
    Medel parolo
    Reina

Bakambu
    Nzonzi gabi
    Lloris

It's a bit of a grind at first but I've enjoyed this year more than most not worrying about prices or trading. It also makes packing someone like lukaku or bender more exciting

This is exactly the type of reply I was looking for. Thanks! You've got me tempted to go this route too and hope for that rewarding feeling at the end. Have you used your coins to open packs straight from the store or just pump everything into SBCs?
  • BackDaddy
    BackDaddy wrote: »

Lukaku
    Martial firminho mane
    Dembele can
    De gea

Volland
    Castro bender
    Leno

Gabbiadini
    Insigne pjanic berardi
    Medel parolo
    Reina

Bakambu
    Nzonzi gabi
    Lloris

This is exactly the type of reply I was looking for. Thanks! You've got me tempted to go this route too and hope for that rewarding feeling at the end. Have you used your coins to open packs straight from the store or just pump everything into SBCs?

Not bought any packs, spend coins to buy discard golds and do sbc gold challenge... Use all the rare golds I don't want to do the 81+ and guaranteed informs etc.
    It can be frustrating especially early on with limited choices of players, if not for SBC's I definately would have bailed.

I usually find when I waste time trading etc. I have a team full of in forms and I'm still rubbish, now I don't stress too much haha.

Currently div 2 and just scraped gold 3 on the weekend... Can't see myself getting elite etc. Any time soon haha.
  • Sercs
    18672 posts World Class
    Do not do this. Every single person who does this, regrets it.. be it immediately or when TOTS hits.
  • BackDaddy
    Sercs wrote: »
    Do not do this. Every single person who does this, regrets it.. be it immediately or when TOTS hits.

This is probably correct... If I didn't do it from the start I wouldn't switch now, plus there are alot of players I won't get a chance to use for example if modeste, fairly cheap but I'll never get to use him, I was lucky to pull if hector.

I'm not too fussed about using Ronaldo etc. Coz i dont have time or motivation to grind away trading
  • Chris Ohh
    1049 posts Professional
    My prem team is pack only bar three players (and they are untradeable)

Bailly
    Kante - SBC Can and SBC Dembele
    POTM Hazard, SBC Defoe, POTM Costa and I have SIF Eriksen as CAM

All the above are untradeable and I have Lloris Smalling Walker and Shaw to fill the gaps
  • Sax94
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park

• Chris Ohh
    1049 posts Professional
    Sax94 wrote: »

I don't regret it, I have a 1.3M team locked up in untradeables and I'm really enjoying it

Have a bad habit of chopping my teams about so this is forcing me to play better and it's working
  • maXmood
    1997 posts Fans' Favourite
    so basically you play matches to win coins and buy players to do SBCs and build your dream team? how long would that take?
  • NindozG
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    went this way this year

got 3m of untradeable players.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4700 posts National Call-Up
    I have basically done this anyway with me constantly packing prem players.