For the average FUT players

Hody
924 posts Semi-Pro
Yes, you my friend, the John Doe, the average player. Are you like me, trying to get to division 1 some day (in your life), trying to qualify each week for the weekend league? Dreaming of reaching Gold1 some day?

I play FUT since 2013 and have never managed more than Div 3, I win about 35% of my games. Made it 4 times to the weekend league and even won like 16 games there (again roughly 30% of the 40 games).

My life would be much easier if I would admit that I will probably never make D1, Gold1 or anything that has a one in front.

54216083.jpg

I wish there was a mode for us, the average lads, that are good in trading, manage to get Legends and expensive players and still lose to the Musas, Lukakus and Martials of this world.

A mode where the players would match your skill and everybody would have a good time.

Comments

• illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    We need a Europa League for FUT Champions :lol:
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Bang average here. Roughly 50-50 win ratio (then a bunch of draws obviously). I'm fine with that. I top out around D3/D4. I don't qualify for WL (though I don't really try that hard).
  • Oliver Powell
    1874 posts Play-Off Hero
    yeah, im very average but i dont care. i just want to enjoy playing so dont bother with divisions etc etc
  • apic01
    66 posts Park Captain

• WWEFAN24_TRIPLEH
    14322 posts Has That Special Something

• nsholmberg11
    1634 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've said this before, our little mid table Europa League for Fut Champs. Do it EA, you're rolling in so much dough. C'mon man! I want in and I suck

Average players don't have Legends though, and I assumed the average player didn't qualify for WL. No? Thought it was the upper 20% or so that actually play in the WL. @Hody i am still in a similar boat, used to be relevant w Division 2 level of play but not shi* now
  • heavymcd
    I've said this before, our little mid table Europa League for Fut Champs. Do it EA, you're rolling in so much dough. C'mon man! I want in and I suck

Average players don't have Legends though, and I assumed the average player didn't qualify for WL. No? Thought it was the upper 20% or so that actually play in the WL. @Hody i am still in a similar boat, used to be relevant w Division 2 level of play but not shi* now

Well it's at least possible for an average player to qualify for WL; you need four wins in a row, which assuming you have a 50:50 win ratio and 8 chances you should get in occasionally. But not often (and that's assuming equal opponents, which by the final they won't be).

And players of average skill can still get Legends pretty easily if they invest above-average time/money into the game. Bit of FP, bit of trading, not hard to get a million coins or more.
  • Gromit
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    Game is a mess, it's so elitist now.

If you're average and can't qualify for WL or even if you do and don't get too far then you don't get much in rewards.

Meanwhile those that do can earn hundreds of thousands of coins per week (so I hear). But we all share the same market, so when player prices are holding high because of WL and SBC. It's the poorer players getting shat on.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    @nsholmberg11 thanks for your understanding. @Oliver Powell what mode you play instead?

@heavymcd you are right. I got in four times. I think it was down to draw luck too. As long as I get opponents that dont high pressure I have always a chance. But the last two weeks the qualifiers have been dreadful for me.

I just can't match the high pressure dudes, or the ones that dont pass and just dribble. I am just to slow in my reactions and in my eye hand coordination
  • Jaedric_Kaine
    1756 posts Play-Off Hero
    58929459.jpg
  • z ginga ninja x
    1289 posts Professional
    online single matches are your place my friend
  • heavymcd
    Gromit wrote: »

If you're average and can't qualify for WL or even if you do and don't get too far then you don't get much in rewards.

Meanwhile those that do can earn hundreds of thousands of coins per week (so I hear). But we all share the same market, so when player prices are holding high because of WL and SBC. It's the poorer players getting shat on.

Yeah, looking at last year Aguero and Neymar were down below 200K by this point. Aguero sits at 384K right now. He's also 89 versus 87 (and Neymar's 88), but that's not the reason (see: Ibra). It's just that SBCs have eaten up a lot of high-rated players off the market and the Weekend League has injected a lot of coins at the top (and given people incentive to spend them). Which means that a player like Aguero or Neymar who was expensive but at least affordable to somebody who wasn't Div1 last year with just match coins and light trading is basically unobtainable this year unless you either grind the market hard, spend FP, or grind WL.

It's hard to compare like-to-like players (as, above, players like Aguero, Neymar, Modric, etc are all higher rated this year), but trying to look at high-end players in same rating and position it looks like prices are nearly double this year what they were last year.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro

Not really appealing....

The problem with the WL Qualifier is that lots of people play it because of the lack of other online tournaments. So you will face even people already qualified through divisions or an earlier tournament win. There's a thread over in the German forum obout people or not able to get into the WL and half the thread is just telling them, well if you are too bad you don't deserve to get in, while the other half is other people bragging about that the won it 4 times a week - WTF?

EA should deny entry to people that dont need to be qualified
  • heavymcd
    For another example, Modric was 25K by now last year. Vidal still sits at...122K..
  • heavymcd
    Hody wrote: »

Not really appealing....

The problem with the WL Qualifier is that lots of people play it because of the lack of other online tournaments. So you will face even people already qualified through divisions or an earlier tournament win. There's a thread over in the German forum obout people or not able to get into the WL and half the thread is just telling them, well if you are too bad you don't deserve to get in, while the other half is other people bragging about that the won it 4 times a week - WTF?

EA should deny entry to people that dont need to be qualified

There is literally no reason to allow people who've already won a qualifier to keep playing it. At all.

And online singles are horrible, in my experience half the games are D1 tryhards looking to stomp noobs for a break from their normal grind against people at their own level.
  • Racingeye1
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I mentioned a Europa league type thing in a topic a while ago, nothing will happen
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2016
    heavymcd wrote: »
    There is literally no reason to allow people who've already won a qualifier to keep playing it. At all.

And online singles are horrible, in my experience half the games are D1 tryhards looking to stomp noobs for a break from their normal grind against people at their own level.

Yeah so true. I have opened litarally the same thread in the German forum and people have already wrote that they are average, the only(!) manage until division 2 but qualify each week. Then they keep playing the tournament for fun - WTF?

The "excuse" is simple, EA does allow it, so we can do it...

The only reason why EA wants to have qualifiers is to make the WL look more Elite and furthermore to be able to balance server loads. Better players cleaning up the queue for them seems to be well appreciated
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    Im average, dIv 3 was but down to 5, struggle in WL as I don't get much time. I've only been playing for a year and I feel I would be a lot higher if the crap didn't affect the gameplay. I have or had a decent team just sold some to get SIF Pogba today, it's achievable as I spend £30 a week on points and sell it all, look for a few bargains when I get time and make some coins. I would love to play people at my level more however playing better people will get you better. My mate in work has been Div 1 constantly yet he can't get past 5 in this years game. I don't mind losing but the majority of the time I'm 99% sure I'm not losing to a better player. Obv the better players beat me but to lose to world class 82 rated keepers and a few world class goals from a nobody when I've made a tackle and the ball rolls to his feet. You no what I mean. I have my formation and tactics and never change them as I try to play the way I enjoy not do all I can to get the win after all we have to lose.
  • Glass0nion
    4181 posts National Call-Up
    I would just like to see a "manual settings" only mode (hardcore we could say) and "BS Forced Drama" off.
  • John Knows
    879 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2016
    hmm a mode where players match your skill... You mean like divisions?
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    The point is that people that don't play real football get more rewarded. if you skill on every touch, dont pass and just dribble and shot from distances every RL keeper would have a laugh about, you will most likely win. If you play a good passing game of football you get intercepted and countered because your CDM dreams of becoming a striker when he grows up and your two center backs have a chat about eastenders at the halfway line, while Diego Costa has time to pick flowers passing them by...
  • Gromit
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »

Yeah, looking at last year Aguero and Neymar were down below 200K by this point. Aguero sits at 384K right now. He's also 89 versus 87 (and Neymar's 88), but that's not the reason (see: Ibra). It's just that SBCs have eaten up a lot of high-rated players off the market and the Weekend League has injected a lot of coins at the top (and given people incentive to spend them). Which means that a player like Aguero or Neymar who was expensive but at least affordable to somebody who wasn't Div1 last year with just match coins and light trading is basically unobtainable this year unless you either grind the market hard, spend FP, or grind WL.

It's hard to compare like-to-like players (as, above, players like Aguero, Neymar, Modric, etc are all higher rated this year), but trying to look at high-end players in same rating and position it looks like prices are nearly double this year what they were last year.

Well the SBCs are keeping players 82 - 84 rated 50% more expensive easily. They do dip when the SBC stop but people are getting savvy to EA's plans now and stockpiling them.
  • SSSplendid
    740 posts Sunday League Hero
    div 1

nervous.gif?w=660
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

I have to disagree with this as I would class myself as an average player with a record of 884-60-595 but I have qualified for the WL every week from week 2 and I finish gold 2 pretty much every week apart from bad weeks where I finish gold 3.

I also play in division 2 now and again getting relegated to division 3 but always going straight back up but never getting promoted to division 1.

I wouldn't agree that only the top 20% play in the wl as I doubt that I'm even in the top 40% never mind 20%. Even with the qualifiers some weeks I play them just for something different even know I'm automatically qualified but I would win minimum 3 attempts out of the 8 so I think for average players the wl is more than achievable and once you get qualified there's no reason not to be hitting gold 3 especially if you have a 50% win ratio that's only 1 win away from gold 2.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    [quote="Fifa_Hawk_85;4228574" Even with the qualifiers some weeks I play them just for something different even know I'm automatically qualified but I would win minimum 3 attempts out of the 8...[/quote]

That's exactly the reason why the should forbid entry to already qualified players. Thats 3 times somebody else not getting in, because you are all about your fun and your ego!
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    [quote="Fifa_Hawk_85;4228574" Even with the qualifiers some weeks I play them just for something different even know I'm automatically qualified but I would win minimum 3 attempts out of the 8...

That's exactly the reason why the should forbid entry to already qualified players. Thats 3 times somebody else not getting in, because you are all about your fun and your ego![/quote]

It's the only tournament that is available to play and as I've explained I'm just an average player why shouldn't I be allowed to play the daily knockouts?
  • RandomLhama83
    10105 posts Has That Special Something
    Single matches is a joke. Its peer to peer, lags more then any other mode I have played and to make it worse you get no rewards or anything out of it. We need Cups back.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro

It's the only tournament that is available to play and as I've explained I'm just an average player why shouldn't I be allowed to play the daily knockouts?

Because it's a knockout qualifiers Tournament - which part of qualifiers did't you understand?
  • apic01
    66 posts Park Captain
    I definitely feel that players already qualified for the weekend league should be excluded from the knockout tournament and personally I am not sure what benefit there is for "better" players knocking out lesser opponents as it reduces the chance of playing easier opponents during the weekend league itself.
  • heavymcd

Because it's a knockout qualifiers Tournament - which part of qualifiers did't you understand?

He does have a point that it's the only tourney available. That's an issue.

But yeah, agree, it's a qualifier. No reason to allow those already qualified to play it.