Not discussing anything here...

1
ScarUK
755 posts An Exciting Prospect
But this is part of a file you can see for yourselves if you own fifa 17 (certainly on PC at least)... like I said, not discussing anything here, just stating that just because a company says something doesn't exist doesn't mean they're telling the truth.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kag3l/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/

Before anyone jumps in with "that could be remnants from a previous title" - they've just migrated to a new engine and would've had to knowingly copy this over.

Comments

  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    If you don't want to disciss it, why bother postimng it?
    It has been posted a few times already...
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    It doesn't say it's online code.
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    gia wrote: »
    If you don't want to disciss it, why bother postimng it?
    It has been posted a few times already...

    Trying to make mods see sense, if the want to close it w/e then they can obviously - hopefully they at least look at the page before doing so
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    ScarUK wrote: »
    gia wrote: »
    If you don't want to disciss it, why bother postimng it?
    It has been posted a few times already...

    Trying to make mods see sense, if the want to close it w/e then they can obviously - hopefully they at least look at the page before doing so
    you don't make that point at all though...

  • Pieman25
    15952 posts World Class
    They should just ban any smart arse posting it, everyone knows it's a banned subject.
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Retro_G wrote: »
    It doesn't say it's online code.

    Not saying anything other than EA state outright it does not exist... You may connect the dots as you see fit.
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2016
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    They should just ban any smart arse posting it, everyone knows it's a banned subject.

    If they wish to that's their choice, be sad if they do on the basis of the only reason for doing so is EA stating it doesn't exist.
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    They should just ban any smart arse posting it, everyone knows it's a banned subject.

    Just like they should have banned the guys who found the chemglitch?
  • Pieman25
    15952 posts World Class
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    They should just ban any smart arse posting it, everyone knows it's a banned subject.

    If they wish to that's their choice, be sad if they do on the basis of the only reason for doing so is EA stating it doesn't exist. Not saying scripting does but this does

    It also doesn't include any context and will clearly invite the same subject that was banned before. Going by the OP you are either accusing them of lying or suggesting they are lying.
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2016
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    They should just ban any smart arse posting it, everyone knows it's a banned subject.

    Just like they should have banned the guys who found the chemglitch?

    Let's not bring that into play please, this thread currently does not break any forum t&c - let's keep it that way
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    It doesn't say it's online code.

    Not saying anything other than EA state outright it does not exist... You may connect the dots as you see fit.
    they say that momentum in the way people say it would doesn't exist.

    that code only proves that something called "momentum" is mentioned.
    Nobody knows what it does, it could be something totally different than what you think.
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    They should just ban any smart arse posting it, everyone knows it's a banned subject.

    If they wish to that's their choice, be sad if they do on the basis of the only reason for doing so is EA stating it doesn't exist. Not saying scripting does but this does

    It also doesn't include any context and will clearly invite the same subject that was banned before. Going by the OP you are either accusing them of lying or suggesting they are lying.

    Not suggesting anything, merely stating this in pulled directly from a current edition file.
  • SSSplendid
    740 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    They should just ban any smart arse posting it, everyone knows it's a banned subject.

    not correct
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2016
    gia wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    It doesn't say it's online code.

    Not saying anything other than EA state outright it does not exist... You may connect the dots as you see fit.
    they say that momentum in the way people say it would doesn't exist.

    that code only proves that something called "momentum" is mentioned.
    Nobody knows what it does, it could be something totally different than what you think.

    Exactly and that is why I am sharing rather than discussing
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    ScarUK wrote: »
    gia wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    It doesn't say it's online code.

    Not saying anything other than EA state outright it does not exist... You may connect the dots as you see fit.
    they say that momentum in the way people say it would doesn't exist.

    that code only proves that something called "momentum" is mentioned.
    Nobody knows what it does, it could be something totally different than what you think.

    Exactly and that is why I am sharing rather than discussing
    doesn't make much sense
  • Pieman25
    15952 posts World Class
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    They should just ban any smart arse posting it, everyone knows it's a banned subject.

    If they wish to that's their choice, be sad if they do on the basis of the only reason for doing so is EA stating it doesn't exist. Not saying scripting does but this does

    It also doesn't include any context and will clearly invite the same subject that was banned before. Going by the OP you are either accusing them of lying or suggesting they are lying.

    Not suggesting anything, merely stating this in pulled directly from a current edition file.

    Not suggesting anything?
    ScarUK wrote: »
    just stating that just because a company says something doesn't exist doesn't mean they're telling the truth

  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    gia wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    gia wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    It doesn't say it's online code.

    Not saying anything other than EA state outright it does not exist... You may connect the dots as you see fit.
    they say that momentum in the way people say it would doesn't exist.

    that code only proves that something called "momentum" is mentioned.
    Nobody knows what it does, it could be something totally different than what you think.

    Exactly and that is why I am sharing rather than discussing
    doesn't make much sense

    Not against t&c to share an article related to fifa - people can make their assumptions in relation to it, that is their right to do so. All I will say is go find a fifa 2006 rear cover and game play video (if you did not own that edition)
  • XIMrNiceGuyIX
    655 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA will never admit it exists so you might as well just give up... When people keep buying the game and spending insane amounts on FP then there is no reason for them to do so...

    Personally, after playing years of fifa, Ive formed my own opinion on the subject and I don't need EA to admit/deny anything exists. They cant be trusted anyway, they lied about chem for years...

    Form your own opinion and if you don't like the way the game is, just stop playing...
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2016
    people still suggesting we're playing Fifa06 :D
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2016
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    They should just ban any smart arse posting it, everyone knows it's a banned subject.

    If they wish to that's their choice, be sad if they do on the basis of the only reason for doing so is EA stating it doesn't exist. Not saying scripting does but this does

    It also doesn't include any context and will clearly invite the same subject that was banned before. Going by the OP you are either accusing them of lying or suggesting they are lying.

    Not suggesting anything, merely stating this in pulled directly from a current edition file.

    Not suggesting anything?
    ScarUK wrote: »
    just stating that just because a company says something doesn't exist doesn't mean they're telling the truth

    Some companies would have you believe the moon landing never happened despite TV footage purportedly to the contrary. Some let you believe their food is vegetarian while cooking food in the same oil as meat.

    There is the reported facts and reality but it's up to you to do your own fact-finding and hypothesising. At worst this particular paragraph could be considered OT
  • I SiR MartY I
    5449 posts Big Money Move
    gia wrote: »
    people still suggesting we're playing Fifa06 :D

    People can't accept they just suck at the game and will find any excuse as to why they can't win every game.

    If they are so desperate to keep linking that Reddit thread, they should go to Reddit and post about it there with their tinfoil hats.
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    gia wrote: »
    people still suggesting we're playing Fifa06 :D

    Not at all but certain features were never reported as removed
  • Pieman25
    15952 posts World Class
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    They should just ban any smart arse posting it, everyone knows it's a banned subject.

    If they wish to that's their choice, be sad if they do on the basis of the only reason for doing so is EA stating it doesn't exist. Not saying scripting does but this does

    It also doesn't include any context and will clearly invite the same subject that was banned before. Going by the OP you are either accusing them of lying or suggesting they are lying.

    Not suggesting anything, merely stating this in pulled directly from a current edition file.

    Not suggesting anything?
    ScarUK wrote: »
    just stating that just because a company says something doesn't exist doesn't mean they're telling the truth

    Some companies would have you believe the moon landing never happened despite TV footage purportedly to the contrary. Some let you believe their food is vegetarian while cooking food in the same oil as meat.

    There is the reported facts and reality but it's up to you to do your own fact-finding and hypothesising. At worst this particular paragraph could be considered OT

    @Marleigh can do his own fact-finding and hypothesising of the thread.
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2016
    gia wrote: »
    people still suggesting we're playing Fifa06 :D

    People can't accept they just suck at the game and will find any excuse as to why they can't win every game.

    If they are so desperate to keep linking that Reddit thread, they should go to Reddit and post about it there with their tinfoil hats.

    Actually I can, please find a thread I made within the last 24 hours where I even admit to sucking at the game
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    They should just ban any smart arse posting it, everyone knows it's a banned subject.

    If they wish to that's their choice, be sad if they do on the basis of the only reason for doing so is EA stating it doesn't exist. Not saying scripting does but this does

    It also doesn't include any context and will clearly invite the same subject that was banned before. Going by the OP you are either accusing them of lying or suggesting they are lying.

    Not suggesting anything, merely stating this in pulled directly from a current edition file.

    Not suggesting anything?
    ScarUK wrote: »
    just stating that just because a company says something doesn't exist doesn't mean they're telling the truth

    Some companies would have you believe the moon landing never happened despite TV footage purportedly to the contrary. Some let you believe their food is vegetarian while cooking food in the same oil as meat.

    There is the reported facts and reality but it's up to you to do your own fact-finding and hypothesising. At worst this particular paragraph could be considered OT

    @Marleigh can do his own fact-finding and hypothesising of the thread.

    And I'm sure that he will and handle this accordingly, as he is instructed to do within his capacity as a moderator
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    ScarUK wrote: »
    gia wrote: »
    people still suggesting we're playing Fifa06 :D

    Not at all but certain features were never reported as removed

    wtf...
    EA said numerous times that Momentum doesn't exist ingame
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2016
    gia wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    gia wrote: »
    people still suggesting we're playing Fifa06 :D

    Not at all but certain features were never reported as removed

    wtf...
    EA said numerous times that Momentum doesn't exist ingame

    Brexit campaign said they'd give 350m a year to the NHS and don't even have the constitutional right to invoke article 50 - what's your point
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    The walls are slowly crumbling around scammer EA
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    ScarUK wrote: »
    gia wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    gia wrote: »
    people still suggesting we're playing Fifa06 :D

    Not at all but certain features were never reported as removed

    wtf...
    EA said numerous times that Momentum doesn't exist ingame

    Brexit campaign said they'd give 350m a year to the NHS and don't even have the constitutional right to invoke article 50 - what's your point

    no they did not they said we could use some of that 350 mil for the nhs
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2016
    racecar101 wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    gia wrote: »
    ScarUK wrote: »
    gia wrote: »
    people still suggesting we're playing Fifa06 :D

    Not at all but certain features were never reported as removed

    wtf...
    EA said numerous times that Momentum doesn't exist ingame

    Brexit campaign said they'd give 350m a year to the NHS and don't even have the constitutional right to invoke article 50 - what's your point

    no they did not they said we could use some of that 350 mil for the nhs

    Yes and no. The official literature stated "some" but several MP interviews stated the figure itself. Not that it'll matter when Brexit get vetoed - regardless, was using it to highlight a point and would rather you leave this thread given the nature of your other posts please.
This discussion has been closed.