Anyone else a fifa player out of habit but awful this year?

ScarUK
755 posts An Exciting Prospect
Just intrigued - player for 22 years here and probably skipped 2/3 titles. Not complaining because I know it's just a case of gitgud101 but really finding it difficult to keep up this year. Anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Primal
    4347 posts National Call-Up
    Other fifas i was division one player would have a 8-1 ratio but when i started this fifa i was struggling in div 5 ha. I think partly due to AI assisting helping even things out . You just have to adapt your game. Took me awhile but i now finish elite (although still dont win asmuch as other fifas) it can be frustrating but hang in there mate.
  • Gromit
    3368 posts National Call-Up
    Up till Fifa 14 I'd say I was decent and would win most of my games. Now I'm literally 50/50 I still play some nice stuff but still seem to lose to scrubs.
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    Yup.

The fact people do little to nothing for manual defense really lowered the skill gap.

Now my basic skill moves that I try and do to get pass a defender don't cut it. The ai defense just comes in like Superman and stomp me out. Blocks are insane too. Worst part is its not like I'm talking about thiago Silva, Ramos or Boateng. It's Bailey, Smalling and Zouma. Stupid

That and **** But land is a God for some reason. No matter, I'll keep my wallet closed.
  • Greedy_Marco
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    In the same boat I feel. My record is decent and I've managed atleast gold 3 every weekend league I've played but I feel like I'm struggling.

All these new cheap ways of exploiting the game are so anti football/fun and I couldn't be arsed using these methods to win.

I just play my game and hope for the best. Which is, pass pass pass, limit mistakes and shoot on sight
  • ScarUK
    edited December 2016
    Primal wrote: »
    Other fifas i was division one player would have a 8-1 ratio but when i started this fifa i was struggling in div 5 ha. I think partly due to AI assisting helping even things out . You just have to adapt your game. Took me awhile but i now finish elite (although still dont win asmuch as other fifas) it can be frustrating but hang in there mate.

Will do - near identical situation but 500+ games in and no sign of change lol. Building a team I'd love to see irl so hopefully that helps in the long run. That said, only qualified for WL once and not around to try my luck >.<
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    Gromit wrote: »
    Up till Fifa 14 I'd say I was decent and would win most of my games. Now I'm literally 50/50 I still play some nice stuff but still seem to lose to scrubs.

this. plus this game is probably the most unbalanced BS they ever released. When they patched out crossing play in the first patch this game literally became one dimensional.. ptb+counter. every. single. game.
  • ScarUK
    bberger wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »

this. plus this game is probably the most unbalanced BS they ever released. When they patched out crossing play in the first patch this game literally became one dimensional.. ptb+counter. every. single. game.

And this. Quite enjoyed the slower play and ability to score with taller but lesser players (like irl) from set plays. Just feels very samey now and having to resort to the old "if you can't beat them, join them".

Not the worst fifa ever but certainly the first I'm struggling to find a rhythm with