EA are not delaying TOTS because of cards disappearing

Goldenjokered
3801 posts National Call-Up
edited May 2015
Let's face it, on PS, load of good cards have already dropped off the face of the earth, with EA doing little to stop it; Suarez, Messi etc. So why do they care so much about TOTS? The truth is, they don't, they are using the drop off problem as an excuse. Everyone knows that without a major tournament there will be a baron period on Fifa this summer, no interesting TOTW's means that EA don't earn any money.

BUT, if they delay the TOTS long enough, (ideally for them until all domestic leagues/cups are over), then they can release TOTS many weeks after the season has finished to keep making money. It's very sneaky, but that's my take on the situation.

Comments

• Yes probably true we know what EA are like
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    But there will be a major tournament during the summer.
  • anjelikmatko
    811 posts An Exciting Prospect
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    But there will be a major tournament during the summer.

this, there is copa america this summer
  • Imtnt
    4885 posts Big Money Move
    this is thread worthy, cause 100% true
    they dont care about ps so they delay for other reasons
  • leighdegree
    936 posts An Exciting Prospect
    TOTS to be a pre order for 16 as a bonus, you get a player via a code haha ;)
  • StewParty
    4069 posts National Call-Up
    TOTS Delayed to FIFA 16 haha
  • BackDaddy
    3297 posts National Call-Up
    They won't make more money delaying it, too many people are losing interest
  • Toonleew
    3744 posts National Call-Up
    TOTS has been cancelled (not officially yet) due to the servers not being able to cope. This is 100% true .
  • Toonleew
    Toonleew wrote: »
    TOTS has been cancelled (not officially yet) due to the servers not being able to cope. This is 100% true .

Statement to be released on twitter in the next couple of days .
  • Uncle Remus
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite

Source?
  • StewParty
    4069 posts National Call-Up
    I like how people talk trash on EA on thier forums. It just shows how bad of a company they are.
  • Pubber
    230 posts Sunday League Hero

Source?
    Itani

• Uncle Remus
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pubber wrote: »

Source?
    Itani

You are a one-trick pony.
  • Toonleew

Source?
    Itani

No . Cousin works at EA Canada . Got back from his queens holidays to the news that there is no possible way their servers could cope with the TOTS release , especially on PS . They will release the news by weekend and expect a massive backlash but then again they are used to it .

• Danifi
    383 posts Sunday League Hero

Source?
    Itani

No . Cousin works at EA Canada . Got back from his queens holidays to the news that there is no possible way their servers could cope with the TOTS release , especially on PS . They will release the news by weekend and expect a massive backlash but then again they are used to it .

So do you think that they'll stop their money factory because they can't serve all the customers?
    It's like Mc Donald closing because it sells too much hamburgers. Hope your cousin is trolling you

• leighdegree
    Danifi wrote: »

Source?
    Itani

So do you think that they'll stop their money factory because they can't serve all the customers?
    It's like Mc Donald closing because it sells too much hamburgers. Hope your cousin is trolling you

i like hamburgers i hope ronald macdonald never closes.
  • Simple
    1446 posts Professional
    edited May 2015

Source?
    Itani

tots is one of their biggest money makers in fifa... ea would be proper mad to cancel it.
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    Danifi wrote: »

Source?
    Itani

i like hamburgers i hope ronald macdonald never closes.
    Same here. Ron's burgers are alright.
  • Simple wrote: »

Source?
    Itani

tots is one of their biggest money makers in fifa... ea would be proper mad to cancel it.

You're actually believing this troll?
  • leighdegree
    I hope they do cancel TOTS, That would all be down to the coin buyers and sellers. Yes the genuine player suffers, it would be interesting to know how many bought coins to the ones who put in hard work, i bet there are more coin buyers than genuine, either way, it is all down to them. Sorry to the genuine players but ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it, games broke anyway, blue card wont mean anything that a bronze cant do.
  • Simple
    1446 posts Professional
    PaKu wrote: »
    Simple wrote: »

Source?
    Itani

You're actually believing this troll?

of course not.
  • Toonleew
    TOTS was officially supposed to be released 3 weeks ago but they have tried several small NEW experiments to see how their servers cope and they have failed miserably . They was going to just release TOTS for XB and PC but knew this wasn't viable and after the recent server failings with the releases at the weekend it is now a definite cancellation . Sorry but it's true .

Playstation problems are to blame
  • Goldenjokered
    Servers seemed fine last year when TOTS was released, with price ranges there should be less players on the system, I don't understand how server capacity could possibly be an issue.
  • If they were waiting for the PS market to normalize, then we simply would not get a TOTS.
  • Toonleew
    Servers seemed fine last year when TOTS was released, with price ranges there should be less players on the system, I don't understand how server capacity could possibly be an issue.

You couldn't even get on at the weekend on the PS . It was that overloaded and there will be 100 times more people trying to get on if TOTS was released. Made their mind up for them at the weekend . They had no choice but to cancel .

• Based wrote: »
    If they were waiting for the PS market to normalize, then we simply would not get a TOTS.

theyre waiting to put all the purples out so they can extract maximum money before the blues to extract even more money mwuhhahahahahaha

• hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    StewParty wrote: »
    I like how people talk trash on EA on thier forums. It just shows how bad of a company they are.

Most forums are trash talking.

• Goldenjokered
    edited May 2015

You couldn't even get on at the weekend on the PS . It was that overloaded and there will be 100 times more people trying to get on if TOTS was released. Made their mind up for them at the weekend . They had no choice but to cancel .

You'll have to excuse me because I havn't played Fifa in months, but why are the servers struggling so much? There's no reason for a surge in players (should be a decrease), have EA simply made their servers even more ❤️❤️❤️❤️?
  • FeedTHECHICKEN
    482 posts Sunday League Hero

They managed to cope fine when they released TOTY, when I remember player's prices were dropping like mad
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class

Sunday's test was a disaster. The PS market went from 4 million transfers to under a million and it still works like shitake.