Does anyone else have this problem?

dopetothemax
2015 posts Fans' Favourite
My players don't like to make runs. Something as simple as running into the space in front of them is too much to ask at times. It happens with every team and every formation I try. But, of course, not every game. Some games they're making beautiful runs and I'm able to play more open. Other games they just stand there staring at me no matter how many times I pass around nobody wants to run forward, even on a counter attack. I know you are supposed to press RB to tell someone to go on a run but it seems like there isn't enough time to do that and make the pass afterwards when Kante is breathing down your neck. What do you all do? Do you utilize the LB+A pass a lot to force your player to make a 1-2 run? Do you use RB?

Comments

• BiigDee
    4339 posts National Call-Up
    My team was doing it all day, so bloody frustrating and when they eventually got in the keeper would make a world class save. I've found every time I put legends in my squad after a few it occurs. Took him out and replaced and wins 3 in a row. Make of that what you want as I've not may ideas but the 1 guy I beat had Ron up top with 2 legends either side of him. I won wondering if he was having same struggles as I did.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    You can tap LB and your teammate will automatically make a run every time. LB+A is also very useful.
  • dopetothemax
    BiigDee wrote: »
    My team was doing it all day, so bloody frustrating and when they eventually got in the keeper would make a world class save. I've found every time I put legends in my squad after a few it occurs. Took him out and replaced and wins 3 in a row. Make of that what you want as I've not may ideas but the 1 guy I beat had Ron up top with 2 legends either side of him. I won wondering if he was having same struggles as I did.

Nice problem to have! lol I have yet to use any legends apart from the loans.
  • BiigDee
    4339 posts National Call-Up
    Nah mate it's not nice when you have an expensive player and he just doesn't work.
  • dopetothemax
    You can tap LB and your teammate will automatically make a run every time. LB+A is also very useful.

I'm gonna start tapping LB quite a bit then. Thanks for the tip bud!
  • crackers07
    1045 posts Professional
    What is RB supposes to do?
  • dopetothemax
    crackers07 wrote: »

@crackers07 I was under the impression that it would make your teammate make a run, but @Frankenberry has informed me it's actually LB.
  • Fab
    17819 posts World Class
    edited December 2016
    IGNOER
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something

RB tells your teammate to come to the ball, LB tells your teammate to make a run.
  • crackers07
    1045 posts Professional

RB tells your teammate to come to the ball, LB tells your teammate to make a run.

Thanks.
  • domstalone
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    LB doesn't fkin work, i have to LB 3-4 times to get a player to make a run, and before he does, the player with the ball will do the no touch dribbling thingy and lose the ball or be unable to pass at the right moment. Absolute **** that LB - players are not making runs on their own - or if they are, they are just stopping halfway though...
    Phookin updates, they make the game worse and worse