Everyone in WL defends the same way

dopetothemax
2015 posts Fans' Favourite
edited December 2016
I need to learn how to do it as well. They all have their midfielders, usually Kante, constantly pressuring me on the ball while their AI teammates are ready to intercept passes and maintain their shape for the auto tackles. How is this done? Not a complaint thread at all btw, this is obviously the most effective way to defend so I don't blame them at all. I just need that same edge myself. Are they holding RB? Are their custom tactics set up a certain way? Currently I defend by essentially trying the same thing. Pressuring with a mid and only switching to the back four if I don't have time to close with a mid. But far too often my AI defenders just stand around rather than help out.

Comments

• Fab
    17842 posts World Class
    get a custom tactic with low pressure and use ur right stick to switch to ur midfielders then jockey with them (lt rt)
  • KingLionel10
    15025 posts World Class
    I dont!

Probs why I do so **** bad :joy:
  • dopetothemax
    I dont!

Probs why I do so **** bad :joy:

No worries I'm awful too! My AI teammates just don't seem to behave like my opponent's do. Lol
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4141 posts National Call-Up
    I try this, doesn't work for me. My defenders literally just stand and watch as players sprint past them whereas everyone elses defenders make inch perfect tackles 99% of the time. Annoying.
  • Puskas
    774 posts Semi-Pro
    just chase back with a midfielder and jockey them. never touch RB though, drags defenders out of position. most effective way of defending though
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah I hate playing that way, but it's the most effective. I was always pretty good at manually defending in 14-16. This year though it's suicide.
  • Yeezus112
    1146 posts Professional
    I play with 70 pressure B)
  • IDARYL
    5645 posts Big Money Move
    I try this, doesn't work for me. My defenders literally just stand and watch as players sprint past them whereas everyone elses defenders make inch perfect tackles 99% of the time. Annoying.

Nothing you can do pal its all connection related, CPU defenders will auto tackle if connections good
  • Snadeau
    1123 posts Professional
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I have computer jockey and then manually defend the passing lanes
  • krakos000
    17474 posts World Class
    If I'm on later I'll hit you up to play a game or two if you want.

I started to defend differently to adapt to this game. I try to not switch to my CBS if I don't have to, I will either use a CM(mainly Kante) if they're going down the middle, or a fullback obviously if they're going down the wing and defend with them. I used to switch to players when they were near the ball but the switching is so **** that by the time I get to who I want to control, they're already through and past that player. It happens all the time and I'll concede goals because of it. I'm not talking about running Kante back to a cb position, I try to defend more up the field with him but if they get by, I'll run back obviously and if they're too far up, as a last resort, I'll switch to my CB and jockey while trying to time a tackle. If it works, great, if it doesn't well I have Cech haha.

The majority of people I play online, only try to attack with counters so it makes it predictable and with the right players/tactics, its not too hard to defend. BTW I don't use contain and rarely use teammate contain. It's a shame that this game is so AI assisted but there's still ways to defend without holding buttons down and just sitting there.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4141 posts National Call-Up
    IDARYL wrote: »

Nothing you can do pal its all connection related, CPU defenders will auto tackle if connections good

Dedicated servers on FUT Champions, and my internet is solid. Still no luck.
  • andreens
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2016
    IDARYL wrote: »

Its all EA related.CPU defenders will auto tackle if EA want so.
  • dopetothemax
    krakos000 wrote: »
    If I'm on later I'll hit you up to play a game or two if you want.

I started to defend differently to adapt to this game. I try to not switch to my CBS if I don't have to, I will either use a CM(mainly Kante) if they're going down the middle, or a fullback obviously if they're going down the wing and defend with them. I used to switch to players when they were near the ball but the switching is so **** that by the time I get to who I want to control, they're already through and past that player. It happens all the time and I'll concede goals because of it. I'm not talking about running Kante back to a cb position, I try to defend more up the field with him but if they get by, I'll run back obviously and if they're too far up, as a last resort, I'll switch to my CB and jockey while trying to time a tackle. If it works, great, if it doesn't well I have Cech haha.

The majority of people I play online, only try to attack with counters so it makes it predictable and with the right players/tactics, its not too hard to defend. BTW I don't use contain and rarely use teammate contain. It's a shame that this game is so AI assisted but there's still ways to defend without holding buttons down and just sitting there.

@krakos000 ya I agree with this. I pretty much do the same thing. Just some games it's not going my favor. Gotta learn to accept that I suppose. Unfortunately I'm actually gonna be social and be out tonight. Lol maybe after the holidays bud!
  • Keano
    13426 posts Has That Special Something
    Used to manual defend with my defenders but after everyone was auto tackling me I've tried to use the computer to defend & it works (which sucks for those who want to play properly), but now I have a more even playing field.