Comments

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2017
    9DNXIAN.png

xSN8Sbd.png
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Geat updates as always man... Wonderful write up, and I also agree that Barcelona could join the race for the title. Results have not been exciting lately, but still a good lid-table position for you... The European spots are now pretty far but you shouldn't lose hope. :)
  • Ashy
    9509 posts League Winner
    Not the best results lately, Bakambu had a good month it seems, scoring 2 against you, it's sad to see you fall away from a possible European spot but there is still time to turn it around. Doesn't look like the English teams are doing well in the Champions League.
  • Danimal5981
    2151 posts Fans' Favourite
    You really need to gather momentum if you want to end up in the European spots...
  • subpop
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Geat updates as always man... Wonderful write up, and I also agree that Barcelona could join the race for the title. Results have not been exciting lately, but still a good lid-table position for you... The European spots are now pretty far but you shouldn't lose hope. :)

Thank you!

It looks like Barcelona still have a chance. They need great results from now to the end and wait for the errors of the rest. It looks unlikely but you never know.

Definitely Europe is getting too far. I don't know what is going on to be honest, but I'm planning to introduce some changes... a more attacking approach. I don't have much to lose, I guess.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Not the best results lately, Bakambu had a good month it seems, scoring 2 against you, it's sad to see you fall away from a possible European spot but there is still time to turn it around. Doesn't look like the English teams are doing well in the Champions League.

The results in the first leg weren't brilliant, but except for Man City, their result was terrible .. they still have their chances.
    You really need to gather momentum if you want to end up in the European spots...

It is our worst moment of the year. Nothing works and our European chances disappear.

From next game I'll go back to my initial idea. The 4-3-3 and a more attacking attitude. This was our initial plan since we were in Segunda Division, but we didn't have the right players to implement the system... and the results killed us. So I went a bit more conservative trying to control midfield with the 4-5-1... similar to the 4-3-3 but more 'contained'.

The 6th position looks too far. Still Sevilla and Real Madrid play LaCopa final so the 7th position may give an European spot if Sevilla is in the top 6. It is a minor chance... but we will fight for it.

• Danimal5981
    edited May 2017
    What I normally do, if I feel something doesn't work is draw back on 5-2-1-2 (which ironically is the tactic with which I perform best) and if that's settled in, I move to 4-3-3 (swap central defender for central attacker), or 3-5-2 (just moving up the wing backs).

The point is that I first need to decrease the risk of getting goals against, as I trust that I normally always score a goal or two. So normally, by strengthening my defense I increase my chances of a win. But with more trust and belief, I then start to press up and become more attacking - now it's no longer about the win itself, it's about with how much I win.
  • subpop
    What I normally do, if I feel something doesn't work is draw back on 5-2-1-2 (which ironically is the tactic with which I perform best) and if that's settled in, I move to 4-3-3 (swap central defender for central attacker), or 3-5-2 (just moving up the wing backs).

The point is that I first need to decrease the risk of getting goals against, as I trust that I normally always score a goal or two. So normally, by strengthening my defense I increase my chances of a win. But with more trust and belief, I then start to press up and become more attacking - now it's no longer about the win itself, it's about with how much I win.

It's a good option and, checking out your videos, it definitely works great... but I guess you have good full backs. In the case of Zaragoza, our full backs are quite average, nothing great in defense and too slow to have certain impact in attack. I definitely need to reinforce this part.

So I think I adapt to what I have and, in my opinion, the strength is in the central midfield, with Morán, Ros, Odegaard, Aleñà... I wish I had more impact in the wings, because I believe it's necessary to open the field to be deeper. At least, it's my priority for the future, to strength the wings.

For the next games, I planned a 4-3-3 because, for whatever reason, we struggle to create chances. I understand your point, but considering our situation (and we don't have much to lose now), I believe we need to create more chances, even if we risk in the back.
  • subpop
    MARCH PART 1

jihdSuC.png
    HjfiLm0.png

9syUE9H.png

o7GtmGM.png
    dZBmzsM.png

SIAAQ1V.png

OSnZG96.png
    KMIACnt.png

U7tj4kc.png
  • ale85bg
    Yes! Arsenal! comeonyoureds.gif

Mixed results once again, but at least you've hopefully found a leader in Simeone. The European spots look far (dammit, you really shouldn't have lost that six-pointer to Sevilla) but there's still hope, don't give up!
  • Ashy
    9509 posts League Winner
    Haaha Arsenal the only English team left in the UCL! Come on you Gunners!!

Good last two results, only five points off 7th place now which would be a good finishing position but just missing out on Europe I think, there is till time but you need a good run in the final 10 or so games
  • subpop
    Yes! Arsenal! comeonyoureds.gif

Mixed results once again, but at least you've hopefully found a leader in Simeone. The European spots look far (dammit, you really shouldn't have lost that six-pointer to Sevilla) but there's still hope, don't give up!

Sevilla is a good team... I still don't know how I scored 6 against them in the first day... things of FIFA...

We had our options but lack of patience killed me... what I did in their second goal deserved death penalty.

Definitely Simeone is the natural leader of the team, at least in attack. When he performs, we are in a higher level.

Haaha Arsenal the only English team left in the UCL! Come on you Gunners!!

Good last two results, only five points off 7th place now which would be a good finishing position but just missing out on Europe I think, there is till time but you need a good run in the final 10 or so games

I was surprised about the results of Man United and Chelsea. I thought they would do it at home. Definitely the big surprise is there.

Europe seems so far away now. I guess we still can try it. We will have to play against direct rivals like Malaga or Valencia... we have the head-to-head results with Espanyol and Sevilla.

The schedule is not easy but we don't have much to lose now.
  • subpop
    MARCH PART 2

52unU0Y.png
    rTr5wUm.png

gCcysYG.png
  • Ashy
    9509 posts League Winner
    Barca look like they are right back in the title race now, thanks to Suarez it seems! Unlucky losing the last game, really you would want to get a positive result against a team below you but it just wasn't your day, onto the next game I say!
  • Danimal5981
    Come on, six points in ten games is still doable....
  • subpop
    Barca look like they are right back in the title race now, thanks to Suarez it seems! Unlucky losing the last game, really you would want to get a positive result against a team below you but it just wasn't your day, onto the next game I say!

Yes. Surprisingly Barcelona seem to be there again. Suarez scored lots of goals this month.

The defeat against Sporting was sad for how it was. We may have scratch a point at least. But the worst of all was the injury of Simeone... 7 months. He will not even start next season. And he scored more than the 50% of our goals. Terrible.
    Come on, six points in ten games is still doable....

Not impossible but unlikely unless we find a regularity we never had in the entire season. I am not sure we can face three different competitions anyway. We will try it but the team still is short of players with level to compete twice a week.
  • Alastair
    10030 posts Moderator
    Looks like you've secured a solid mid table spot now. Are you planning to start looking towards next season and playing youth?
  • subpop
    Alastair wrote: »
    Looks like you've secured a solid mid table spot now. Are you planning to start looking towards next season and playing youth?

Yes. Definitely I'm tempted to jump to a club with bigger expectations, which I believe I earned this season with the results with a newly promoted team. But for now I want to see how the young players develop next year and see if I can go further with this squad. It also depends on what I can do in the next transfer window.
  • subpop
    APRIL PART 1

7UKHjkQ.png
    g8GVN1r.png

xUf4rrh.png
    y0KtgRe.png

m802LxL.png
    2RjLzRq.png

enkuwVP.png

ffMIYDi.png
    OBCdIZt.png

• Alastair
    10030 posts Moderator
    An amazing streak there to get you back into the European race although that defeat is probably the final nail in your coffin. :(
  • subpop
    Alastair wrote: »
    An amazing streak there to get you back into the European race although that defeat is probably the final nail in your coffin. :(

There's still a minor chance if Sevilla win La Copa and they are 5th or 6th. In that case, the 7th position would give an Europa League ticket.

It's very unlikely though... next fixtures are Atlético Madrid, Athletic and Barça. :/
  • Danimal5981
    subpop wrote: »

It's very unlikely though... next fixtures are Atlético Madrid, Athletic and Barça. :/

Given that program it's going to be tough indeed. For honour's sake: a finish in the top half then!
  • Ashy
    9509 posts League Winner
    What a run of games you had going there you were 3 points off 7th place and I take it that would be enough since I expect the cup winner to be in the top 6 if it's the same as English leagues giving that spot up to 7th place. But that Tenerife game was dreadful, they are rock bottom as well! It does look out of reach now you are 6 points off but still 6 games to go you never know if you keep on winning them
  • ale85bg
    edited May 2017
    Noooooo!!! What an awful way to end a great run... :cry:
    Ashy is right though, you can still do it!

By the way...
    TggyBBK.png Y U NO LOSE, INTER?

Wait, doesn't the "size" bbcode work anymore?
  • subpop
    subpop wrote: »

Given that program it's going to be tough indeed. For honour's sake: a finish in the top half then!

That's the objective now. I will keep trying it though. I am also planning to give minutes to some youngsters to see how they perform.
    What a run of games you had going there you were 3 points off 7th place and I take it that would be enough since I expect the cup winner to be in the top 6 if it's the same as English leagues giving that spot up to 7th place. But that Tenerife game was dreadful, they are rock bottom as well! It does look out of reach now you are 6 points off but still 6 games to go you never know if you keep on winning them

The match against Tenerife was weird. I had lots of chances, especially during the first half, but they scored in a second action after a corner kick.

In the second half I think I was too anxious looking for the goal. Too fast... not patient enough.

And their second goal is probably the most stupid I received since I am playing FIFA 17.

Noooooo!!! What an awful way to end a great run... :cry:
    Ashy is right though, you can still do it!

By the way...
    TggyBBK.png Y U NO LOSE, INTER?

Wait, doesn't the "size" bbcode work anymore?

Haha... Inter is definitely over performing in the Champions league. Last year Bayer Leverkusen won...... so...
  • subpop
    edited May 2017
    APRIL PART 2
    PtF18lm.png

HYVL95L.png
    SLOzx6c.png

JbWWZgc.png
    PnAAYoT.png

1pvXnEI.png
    uK5xoeE.png

• subpop
    tdCpsCn.png

zjJNimN.png
  • Ashy
    9509 posts League Winner
    Incredible detail with these updates, don't know how you do it to be honest, must take so much time! 3 draws but when you look at it two were against top teams in Atletico and Barca so it's not too bad when you look at it that way, a top half of the table finish will go down as a successful season and one I think you can achieve now
  • subpop
    Incredible detail with these updates, don't know how you do it to be honest, must take so much time! 3 draws but when you look at it two were against top teams in Atletico and Barca so it's not too bad when you look at it that way, a top half of the table finish will go down as a successful season and one I think you can achieve now

It takes some... but Excel helps a lot. The texts is what takes a bit more... but I write here and there and that's it. I will finish the season this way but I guess I will reduce the post match texts a bit to make the story a bit faster.

About the results... I hope to finish in the top half, but I guess it doesn't matter much. I will test some things in the last games. Young players... new systems...
  • subpop
    MAY PART 1

24fYOwW.png

Vc2VF2R.png
    tvP7iQc.png

ffmmOJF.png

vtWh10Q.png
    XjvVdOc.png

qixBDIV.png
    yUS1QDX.png

• subpop