Real Zaragoza - The story of J. Baldó - 2018-2019 September

Comments

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Real Zaragoza statement: Our manager Joan Baldo will give a press conference to make balance of the season. Feel free to send your question during the next couple of days.
  • Ashy
    9567 posts League Winner
    edited May 2017
    Not a good end to the season really, when Granada beat you I thought they might just go on to survive relegation but it wasn't to be. Poor season from Barca too finishing 6th! Good to see two Spanish teams in the final of the Europa League that should be interesting, shame to see Arsenal bow out in the UCL to Bayern but at least they made it to the semi's and gave it a good fight. Bayern v Real final will be good :o

Looking forward to the press conference, I'll give you 2 questions.

Simeone had a really good season, finishing the 5th top goalscorer in the league, do you expect him to remain at Zaragoza next season with other clubs presumably after his signature?

How do you assess the season after finishing 11th?
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Danimal5981
    2171 posts Fans' Favourite
    disappointing end to a promising season. But hey, there's always next season :wink:
  • subpop
    iIJv6vC.png

5FyK5Ad.png

• subpop
    edited May 2017
    podO5Dv.png

QWZKAmR.png
  • subpop
    dhFp08c.png

NIynDKN.png
  • subpop
    iluqi2O.png

X0rriGM.png
  • Ashy
    9567 posts League Winner
    Great detail with the graphics and the press conference was a good read, it was a shame Simeone did get injured for a while, I hate it when it happens to one of your strikers on fifa because you always think 'what if' where you could of ended. That Portuguese league was ridiculously close between the top 3 teams too!
  • subpop
    Ashy wrote: »
    Great detail with the graphics and the press conference was a good read, it was a shame Simeone did get injured for a while, I hate it when it happens to one of your strikers on fifa because you always think 'what if' where you could of ended. That Portuguese league was ridiculously close between the top 3 teams too!

Thank you!

I don't know if it would have made a difference, but as I said, while our defense kept the same kind of level during all season (something we must improve anyway), Simeone's injury was a blow in terms of attacking productivity.

This is one of the problems we face through the year. The first line is more or less decent, but in some positions we struggle when we have to rotate due to injuries, bans or tiredness.

I wish we can solve this next Summer.
  • subpop
    Wfty8e9.png
  • subpop
    45GpGPU.png

Information about transfer window:

- Budget: 9 million euros
    - Real Zaragoza will accept offers from Champions League clubs to add realism to the story
    - Real Zaragoza will accept any offer that exceeds the double of market value to add realism to the story
  • subpop
    TQ9zzd4.png
    cWS2Oqm.png
  • Ashy
    9567 posts League Winner
    Not heard of the guy but good luck to him at Zaragoza! New season and a fresh start I love it :)
  • subpop
    Not heard of the guy but good luck to him at Zaragoza! New season and a fresh start I love it :)

Functional signing. We've signed him at zero cost as he was ending his contract. At the end, my left winger Cani retired last season and Xumetra is getting old. We needed a winger and depth in attack. Given the budget, it is a good option for the team.
  • subpop
    nNcbKYP.png

io5AwnQ.png
  • subpop

A4AZGs0.png

fFms51F.png
  • subpop
    TtjJj7a.png
  • Danimal5981
    2171 posts Fans' Favourite
    Damn, more surprising than joining RZ is his transfer fee...., four bloody million is practically nothing...
    How did you pull that one off?
  • subpop
    Damn, more surprising than joining RZ is his transfer fee...., four bloody million is practically nothing...
    How did you pull that one off?

His rating is 72 and he was in his last year of his contract, so it was not difficult to offer an amount closer to his market value. It was a gift when I saw it.

Thinking about it... Mbappe hadn't play much (or nothing at all) when the game was released and when I started the career he didn't have the pretige he has today. So maybe it's not that weird (in Fifa).

However I believe it is one of the errors of the game. I don't ask for the depth of Football Manager but they definitely need to review certain aspects that didn't change in years and are outdated. One of the things are the development of young players... Mbappe is one of the best being 18 and it is silly to give him such a low rating just for his age.
  • subpop
    GRlf2Vf.png

dcnmEnk.png
  • subpop
    edited May 2017
    Pqi676U.png

Highlights:

giphy.gif
    58QjwMr.png

4egAQlj.png
  • Ashy
    9567 posts League Winner
    edited May 2017
    Lots of updates, the transfers seem quite realistic to be fair, Hazard to Madrid and Kane to United I could see happening one day, Mbappe, what a signing, bargain price for such a great talent too and he goes and scores a late winner. Looking forward to this season indeed
  • subpop
    edited May 2017
    Lots of updates, the transfers seem quite realistic to be fair, Hazard to Madrid and Kane to United I could see happening one day, Mbappe, what a signing, bargain price for such a great talent too and he goes and scores a late winner. Looking forward to this season indeed

In this story, Real Madrid and Manchester United are doing a collection of stars... they may be realistic, but other clubs, who would surely do good signings, are invisible... Juve, Barça, other English clubs...

Definitely Mbappe is a step forward... this winning goal was in the right time!!!
  • subpop
    E7eUkRx.png

gQadAWq.png

inyrqzY.png
  • subpop
    0TDJmNz.png
  • subpop
    UFsrJAo.png

GOAL:
    giphy.gif

MBr1hlZ.png

fkj2Ulf.png
  • subpop
    TDWCUka.png

GOALS
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

fVqdu1w.png

WWuwnbl.png
  • Ashy
    9567 posts League Winner
    Loving the updates, great start with the two wins then Dolberg comes along :s Looks like Barca and Real mean business this year, Neymar v Bale for top scorer? :o
  • subpop
    Loving the updates, great start with the two wins then Dolberg comes along :s Looks like Barca and Real mean business this year, Neymar v Bale for top scorer? :o

Thank you!

It's the kind of game I still don't know how I lost. Our first half was sublime, we had the game under control. Then in the second half, Dolberg's first goal was a clear error of the goalkeeper, who has soft hands there. Dolberg's second goal was my mistake... I gave him too much space and time to do whatever he wanted. I still had chances to tie, but it wasn't posible.

The good thing... Last year, I couldn't even compete against a team like this. We lost this game, but we could have won too.

And well... Barça and Madrid in their thing so far. Neymar and Bale may be the future after Messi and Ronaldo?
  • subpop
    dpv3j9c.png

GOALS
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

oCzjvjk.png
    1f2Dm1A.png

2MK2ibU.png

JWtAZHo.png
    Px5jhUg.png

WSLWKZm.png