WEEKEND LEAGUE GAMEPLAY

FatZeddd
524 posts Sunday League Hero
So jump on to have a game..first game against an average player/ average team and what a joy, concrete boots doesn't even come close to how slow and bad it was. Still had about 20 shots to 4 lose 2-0 to random ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Could barely pass, run, seconds delay in shooting, Dybala perfectly aligned taking right foot shots was looking forward to a few games again and a good start but will sit out if this is the way it will play tonight. It is a mode supposed to reward the best but i cannot win games i should due to the connection and gameplay!

How has everyone else found it so far? i am in Australia BTW.

Comments

• Cheetah Thumbs
    4600 posts National Call-Up
    Only played one so far but mine was good. It normally is. I get 1 or 2 bad games a weekend.
  • cooz41289
    475 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Iv started 7 and 3.. lost all 3 by 1 goal after 80th absolute rubbish dominating each game.. time for a break and might play abit later.. maybe try space out the games as long weekend
  • KaverHansen
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have perfect connection every wl match. I lose cause my opponent is better or due to luck sometimes. It feels like it should
  • FatZeddd
    Only played one so far but mine was good. It normally is. I get 1 or 2 bad games a weekend.

Would love to be you haha
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's probably going to be the busiest day as ppl cram games in.
  • Kman
    3519 posts National Call-Up
    FatZeddd wrote: »
    So jump on to have a game..first game against an average player/ average team and what a joy, concrete boots doesn't even come close to how slow and bad it was. Still had about 20 shots to 4 lose 2-0 to random ****. Could barely pass, run, seconds delay in shooting, Dybala perfectly aligned taking right foot shots was looking forward to a few games again and a good start but will sit out if this is the way it will play tonight. It is a mode supposed to reward the best but i cannot win games i should due to the connection and gameplay!

How has everyone else found it so far? i am in Australia BTW.

Haha feel you mate most frustrating games of my life. Played 5 and 4 went to pens...
  • FatZeddd
    cooz41289 wrote: »
    Iv started 7 and 3.. lost all 3 by 1 goal after 80th absolute rubbish dominating each game.. time for a break and might play abit later.. maybe try space out the games as long weekend

I honestly feel like i am barely able to play at 50% my ability at the moment, shouldn't have but just fired up another and was just as bad if not worse i have seconds delay and pretty much no agility (even Dybala) feels like everyone is jogging and the worst bit is i'm still nearly getting a result which shows how bad the opponents are...so frustrating i feel i will never be able to get the results i should in weekend league due to the connections and matchmaking! i want to play and enjoy it but i have better things to do than sit through games i may as well watch as i have basically no input with what happens :/
  • FatZeddd
    I have perfect connection every wl match. I lose cause my opponent is better or due to luck sometimes. It feels like it should

Mate i could only hope for that, it is pretty much the opposite rarely feel i have played a better let alone semi decent opponent my players just do not perform or they are 'given' goals
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Feel your pain OP.

I retired from WL two weekends ago. Gameplay was horrendous and that's before I get into the PTB, dabs etc.

I can spend my time casually playing/trading and make the same/more coin than the stress-fest that is WL.
  • Kman
    Nail on the head...you can see how bad your opponent is but the game just makes you cop it. I do a running commentary of what will happen next it's that predictable
  • The more games I play the more I realise there's no point trying to play proper football. Sit back and put musa upfront. 80% of the players I face in WL are abysmal but still get results by exploiting pace. Fact.
  • FatZeddd
    Feel your pain OP.

I retired from WL two weekends ago. Gameplay was horrendous and that's before I get into the PTB, dabs etc.

I can spend my time casually playing/trading and make the same/more coin than the stress-fest that is WL.

Yeh definitely frustrating i will never mind losing to a better player but i cant even control my own team or players and for the so called competitive mode people are given wins due to the connection or matchmaking. Like you said i haven't bothered or played in a few weeks to a month and traded over the weekends on squad fitness and few position cards with little effort made good profit and not been stuck grinding an UN-enjoyable and widely inconsistent game. I buy decent players but cant enjoy them as they may as well be some bronze GK in every position
  • Chubz
    3243 posts National Call-Up
    totally useless gameplay. so many goals the useless striker shoot straight at my goal keeper who parries it into the net. goal keeper letting in total trash come back goals, no point playing.
  • FatZeddd
    Kman wrote: »
    Nail on the head...you can see how bad your opponent is but the game just makes you cop it. I do a running commentary of what will happen next it's that predictable

It is the worst mate, game play and the BS plus peoples tactics can be bad enough as is, when you are basically stuck watching what goes on regardless of input or reading the opponent and have delay, lag and concrete boots it is beyond terrible...
  • FatZeddd
    Nokesy28 wrote: »
    The more games I play the more I realise there's no point trying to play proper football. Sit back and put musa upfront. 80% of the players I face in WL are abysmal but still get results by exploiting pace. Fact.

Yes definitely, game play can be poor but when you face the issues plus people parking the bus with defenders actually inside the box...no words haha
  • Kman

It is the worst mate, game play and the BS plus peoples tactics can be bad enough as is, when you are basically stuck watching what goes on regardless of input or reading the opponent and have delay, lag and concrete boots it is beyond terrible...

Plus AI auto sliding shots haha...game made to hold hands and get EA more money that's it.
  • FatZeddd

Plus AI auto sliding shots haha...game made to hold hands and get EA more money that's it.

ha yep! i find it funny how it is usually one team or the other having the 'good' AI. I just want a balanced and even game way too much AI interference in this one
  • Kman

ha yep! i find it funny how it is usually one team or the other having the 'good' AI. I just want a balanced and even game way too much AI interference in this one

Yeah they still haven't got the balance right with momentum or it's on purpose. Either way it hasn't been a balanced game where you felt "in control" since like FIFA 09/10

• FatZeddd wrote: »
    Nokesy28 wrote: »
    The more games I play the more I realise there's no point trying to play proper football. Sit back and put musa upfront. 80% of the players I face in WL are abysmal but still get results by exploiting pace. Fact.

Yes definitely, game play can be poor but when you face the issues plus people parking the bus with defenders actually inside the box...no words haha

That's why these park the bus merchants don't notice it as much. Cuz they only touch the ball 5 times per game. Through ball + shot. Oh wait that's 2
  • FatZeddd
    3rd game smooth as no issues win 5-1. 4th game no lag but delay could barely pass and players lacked movement and were not tracking runners leaving gaps everywhere but jag a goal to equalize then a late scrappy winner to take the points..

Point is the game is ❤️❤️❤️❤️, should have won the first 2 but could not play, then win 1 i should when the game was as it should, then win a game i shouldn't and the other guy was hard done by in the last few minutes... it is the opposite of consistent and the results so far have bar one had no correlation to the actual game or player skill

The so called pros and 'top' players some of who i have watched do not appear that good i honestly think some are very lucky, yes they are good but also must be getting the benefit of matchmaking and their location plus having a perfect internet or broadband connection which suits the game to a tee!
  • Yo guys when is the best day to play the most WL's matches? Friday, Saturday or Sunday? Thanks!
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Garbage just now in EU.. sluggish gameplay at it's best..
  • FatZeddd
    I have not played many so unsure what the best day is, think it is a bit of luck as to the connections!

I have played 8, probably only 1 smooth normal game, still scrapped to win 5 but i is just a chore fighting against the opponent, game, AI, control of your own players etc when the other player appears to be fine and no issues with passing, movement etc just not enjoyable at all and absolutely no consistency player stats may as well change game to game
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16617 posts World Class
    The gameplay is horrible today worst it's been in a while only played 4 and won them all but going to have a break and hopefully it gets better as it's really restricting the fast passing, attacking football I usually play.