My Squad-Building Addiction (Taking Requests)

CaTriEm
2118 posts Fans' Favourite
edited January 2017
Hello all, I’ve been playing FUT since FIFA 12 and have been a member of these forums for about 5 years now. In that time, I’ve found that despite being a D1 player I enjoy squad-building more than actually playing the game, particularly FUT14 & 15 which were absolute garbage. Squad-building is more restrictive than it used to be, every year I quietly hope for the return of the 1.5 nation links but I’ve settled for the scrapping of those awful formation links EA introduced a couple of years ago that served more to destroy hybrids rather than create them.

My addiction has had a direct impact on my club, as I take a less popular approach to Ultimate Team. I don’t aim for Ronaldo for example; nor Messi, Neymar or any premium player. For the price of Ronaldo I can buy dozens of special cards with link for all sorts of hybrids. I currently have twelve teams (with one variation) with four more in production (two of which are pending the completion of the MLS SBC). Some of these teams are competitive, some are just for fun; I just enjoy using different players.

Alpha Sub: SBC Toprak
aNTC4Ja.png

Beta Sub: IF Shaqiri
Eudu1bm.png

IDKAnySkills (Ozil to replace Barkley)
3%20IDKAnySkills_zpsddyfwrf5.png

Futland
4%20Futland_zpschohhncb.png

OhGodNotDelph
d8xza5u.png

Foxtrot (1)
xDXBvyB.png

Foxtrot (2)
81MPqrB.png

NineteenSixteen
8%20Eire_zpssblzbs15.png

NOWTBAF
(No One Wants To Be A Fullback – Carragher quote)
fl35uBX.png

Senegal
p3MQoY9.png

GayleForceOne
11%20GayleForceOne_zpsxicnmdg4.png

DatGuy
(Ozil to replace Barkley)
12%20DatGuy_zps48hapayv.png

GETINTHERE
13%20GETINTHERE_zpssvf5uwi7.png

Stings
14%20Stings_zps9sgx1zmb.png

ForFuchsSake
HcPBngk.png

VanDayum
dGViAfa.png

TripleM
17%20TripleM_zpsv7sqy6yg.png

LookAtMyDabo
txs4y6u.png

ScrubADubDub

ndvti7t.png

So there you have it, to add a purpose to this thread other than showing off my teams I’m more than ready to post any player and/or squad reviews as well as offer my services as a squad builder. Hopefully there are others on here who share the same addiction as me.

TL;DR – I have teams.
Post edited by CaTriEm on

Comments

• NeS
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    really nice teams! can you please help me bro?
  • NeS
    812926a3c133a89ea027cfeb014bc9b3.png

This is the team I currently have, feels like its died after 40+ games.

With WL coming up can someone improve it/change formation I have 200k for changes plus whatever players to get rid of.
  • CaTriEm
    NeS wrote: »

@NeS Sure thing, 3-4-1-2 is very difficult to play with, especially with Cuadrado (H/L Workrates I think) as well as H/H CM's. Any particular formation you'd like to switch to? Also need to know your Console because of price differences.

• Ryanomates
    1949 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice teams! I feel the same I love building teams and keep changing it. End up losing so many coins just because 'that looks good', 5 games later lets improve it, then it doesn't work, then I start again. Maybe i should keep all my players like you lol
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    Senegal could be Senegoal, no?
  • CaTriEm
    Ryanomates wrote: »
    Nice teams! I feel the same I love building teams and keep changing it. End up losing so many coins just because 'that looks good', 5 games later lets improve it, then it doesn't work, then I start again. Maybe i should keep all my players like you lol

I only change my teams when a special card comes out that fits in, it's a lot easier to feed my habit thanks to the Weekend league. I would recommend keeping all your players but my point of view is tainted from being a very obvious hoarder.
  • CaTriEm
    Liam W wrote: »
    Senegal could be Senegoal, no?

Good Shout. Either that or take a leaf out of the commentator's book with "Main Man Mane" although I've always loved "Big Ben Chimes Again For His Side"
  • NeS
    CaTriEm wrote: »

@NeS Sure thing, 3-4-1-2 is very difficult to play with, especially with Cuadrado (H/L Workrates I think) as well as H/H CM's. Any particular formation you'd like to switch to? Also need to know your Console because of price differences.

no preference pal, xbox :)

• CaTriEm
    edited December 2016

Gt5HLIK.png

Felt it was a shame to drop one of Marchisio/Naing, Rooney is there for his M/H Workrate but you're still lacking a true DM so maybe telling one of the other two to Stay Back While Attacking would make you more solid. @NeS
  • NeS

Gt5HLIK.png

Felt it was a shame to drop one of Marchisio/Naing, Rooney is there for his M/H Workrate but you're still lacking a true DM so maybe telling one of the other two to Stay Back While Attacking would make you more solid.

thats pretty tasty - sorry to be a pain but I've now got SBC Can, any way to get him in?
  • CaTriEm
    edited December 2016

Gt5HLIK.png

Felt it was a shame to drop one of Marchisio/Naing, Rooney is there for his M/H Workrate but you're still lacking a true DM so maybe telling one of the other two to Stay Back While Attacking would make you more solid.

thats pretty tasty - sorry to be a pain but I've now got SBC Can, any way to get him in?

No worries, Can can act as the defensive one of the trio now:
    gywMH02.png
  • NeS

Gt5HLIK.png

No worries, Can can act as the defensive one of the trio now:
    gywMH02.png
    that's beautiful, what instructions would you use?
  • NeS
    cheers bro
  • CaTriEm
    Wingers to Drift Wide, Dybala to get in behind, Can to stay back. Depending on your defensive capabilities tell one of your CM's or Fullbacks to stay back as well.
  • NeS
    696172d0c04d90f6d6161fbb47108f4d.png

Thanks mate! Wish me luck for tomorrow!
  • Dawud
    16137 posts World Class
    Hamsik with a defending card would be superior
  • NeS
    Dawud wrote: »
    Hamsik with a defending card would be superior
    instead of?
  • CaTriEm
    After over 200 games with his untradeable NIF, I'm glad to welcome SBC Can into one of my main teams.

xfDdpZP.png

Also taking teambuilding requests ;)
  • IceIcePercy
    2551 posts Fans' Favourite
    Some very nice teams in here @CaTriEm
  • Tom
    11377 posts Has That Special Something
    BSG tough enough for WL. Go.
  • CaTriEm
    Tom wrote: »
    BSG tough enough for WL. Go.

xY1u1Ls.png
    @Tom
  • CaTriEm
    Some very nice teams in here @CaTriEm

Ty :)
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2016
    3944131b57f0b9869012fd65791f0050.png

No non rares
    All 80+
    CMs with 80+ stamina

Thx!
  • CaTriEm
    Viggo 007 wrote: »

No non rares
    All 80+
    CMs with 80+ stamina

Thx!

Sorry for the delay. If you're willing to put Ibra at LS and you have SBC Kurzawa I'd go with this (Rooney is a placeholder for pretty much any PL CM):
    Kjn0exW.png

If you'd rather keep it as it is:
    BqpnYBt.png

Please double-check the stamina on TOTGS Kimmich though, Futhead said 84 but I have him and I'm not sure I believe that. @Viggo 007
  • Viggo 007
    edited December 2016

No non rares
    All 80+
    CMs with 80+ stamina

Thx!

Sorry for the delay. If you're willing to put Ibra at LS and you have SBC Kurzawa I'd go with this (Rooney is a placeholder for pretty much any PL CM):
    Kjn0exW.png

BqpnYBt.png

Please double-check the stamina on TOTGS Kimmich though, Futhead said 84 but I have him and I'm not sure I believe that. @Viggo 007

Love those squads, however I like symmetry a lot :) so I went with this even though Gundo has 76 stamina. Any suggestion for back 4?

1b520d574f168466c2c38c902e09fa25.png
  • CaTriEm

No non rares
    All 80+
    CMs with 80+ stamina

Thx!

Kjn0exW.png

BqpnYBt.png

Love those squads, however I like symmetry a lot :) so I went with this even though Gundo has 76 stamina. Any suggestion for back 4?

No worries, I was gonna go the Gundo route myself until I saw the <80 Stamina. I'd go:

Alaba/IF Hector - Boateng - IF Sokratis - PolishDortmundRBThatICan'tSpell.

As for the GK, I haven't used Neuer but TOTGS Fahrmann is the best I've used and is far cheaper.
  • Viggo 007

No non rares
    All 80+
    CMs with 80+ stamina

Thx!

Kjn0exW.png

BqpnYBt.png

No worries, I was gonna go the Gundo route myself until I saw the <80 Stamina. I'd go:

As for the GK, I haven't used Neuer but TOTGS Fahrmann is the best I've used and is far cheaper.

Already hearing Gundogan is a let down :# , guess will have to see for myself
  • CaTriEm

No non rares
    All 80+
    CMs with 80+ stamina

Thx!

Kjn0exW.png

BqpnYBt.png

Already hearing Gundogan is a let down :# , guess will have to see for myself

I've only heard great things about his TOTGS card, but if you love symmetry as much as I love special cards I understand that that might not be an option. :D
  • mutisie
    66 posts Park Captain
    Any ideas? PEA is untradeable, sold my Vidal for 50k profit, will rebuy when he drops..

2wmoy7n.png
  • CaTriEm
    mutisie wrote: »
    Any ideas? PEA is untradeable, sold my Vidal for 50k profit, will rebuy when he drops..

2wmoy7n.png

In regards to improving it I assume? I've heard nothing but bad things about Robben, I've never used his card on UT, I always use Bayern in non-UT play but I always put Robben in the reserves although that's due to him being one of my least favourite players in world football more than anything else.

Would recommend trying out IF Dembele in place of him, as well as replacing Muller. SIF Forsberg or even Draxler are far more productive. I can also confirm that TOTGS Fahrmann is well worth it for the upgrade, as previously stated he's the best GK I've used. If you're thinking more along the lines of a new team around IF Auba just let me know.