The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

help with striker akways coming back

En1gma78
43 posts Park Captain
Anyone else having this problem?? No matter what team I use my forward always come back deep into midfield...and then my midfield push too far up. I can cope with that its the forward thats the issue....i have tried everything

Comments

• En1gma78
    43 posts Park Captain
    Also I play 4-2-3-1.....with custom cam height 10 zoom 0.....not sure if it makes a difference or not. I have tried different formations but still have an issue with it. Also crosses....noone ever in the middle for them theyr always behind the ball
  • Nkp20mufc
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you play only online then try setting the custom tactic to get in behind. Offline you can adjust the line length in user customisation higher from 50 onwards and your striker should stay higher up the pitch.
  • En1gma78
    43 posts Park Captain
    I will play offline mostly.....adjusting the line length means the striker is nearly always offside. Adjusting the opposition defence doesn't combat this either. I literally think I have tried everything !! Its not as bad from other camera angles but I want to use the camera angle i like which is default
  • domstalone
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    online or offline, i have the same problem, my strikers always get back behind my mid line - i have their instructions set to get in behind, tried all sorts of custom tactics but nothing seems to be working.

i would like some help as well regarding this, what custom tactics / instructions work for this?
  • En1gma78
    43 posts Park Captain
    domstalone wrote: »
    online or offline, i have the same problem, my strikers always get back behind my mid line - i have their instructions set to get in behind, tried all sorts of custom tactics but nothing seems to be working.

i would like some help as well regarding this, what custom tactics / instructions work for this?

I have tried everything mate....i just think its a glitch I really do. If anyone can advise any different then happy days.

• PG13
    430 posts An Exciting Prospect
    There is a post a few pages back called How to stop my Strikers coming so deep. One person changed a few settings an said it helped a little. Sorry I can't put link up.
  • En1gma78
    43 posts Park Captain
    PG13 wrote: »
    There is a post a few pages back called How to stop my Strikers coming so deep. One person changed a few settings an said it helped a little. Sorry I can't put link up.

Cheers for that...will have a search and see if I can find it for a read
  • fdemey
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have the opposite problem with Dortmund. As soon as the opponent's past the striker's line, he doesn't even bother putting pressure. Just lounges around with a cocktail till the ball comes his way.
  • En1gma78
    43 posts Park Captain
    Who is your striker though and what's his defensive work rate stat?
  • fdemey
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Happens with Ramos and Gotze as nr9. Both have medium defensive workrate.

The opponent can be less than 2 meters behind them and they won't bother putting pressure. In a 4-2-3-1 that means one of the 2 defensive mids will have to step out which creates a gap.
  • En1gma78
    43 posts Park Captain
    I have issues with wingers coming into and staying in CM and both FBs standing right next to my wingers all the time.....my CDM running wide to fill gaps and my CB constantly being out of position in a CDM role!!!!! Its ridiculous!?
  • domstalone
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Complete sheet - my wingers are in the middle, my LB/RB are also in the middle - it's totally random, sometimes i seem to attack with my defenders and defend with my wingers and mid. Custom tactics don't do sheet - i tried setting everything 10 or to 90 - either way it's total chaos...
  • FlyingOkapis
    1199 posts Professional
    I use 'Get in Behind' and 'Press the back line' for instructions, I think it improves the problem.
  • En1gma78
    43 posts Park Captain
    I use 'Get in Behind' and 'Press the back line' for instructions, I think it improves the problem.

Yep I have done this and also adjusted the strikers as far forward as poss. Adjusted wingers positions so theyr literally on the touchline and squeezed the two CMs together. Seeing how that goes but its still not solved the issues so far