Toprak or not Toprak?

CaTriEm
2118 posts Fans' Favourite
That is the question. Terrible puns aside, I'm really torn over going for him. I'm a special card hoarder and he looks like a great card especially for 40k but I have some reservations.

Toprak fits into this team:
NTQQu6v.png

I absolutely love this CB partnership and as unbelievably daft as it sounds I get very sentimental over my players, I'm happy with the way it is but I've a wandering eye for Toprak, he looks too good to pass up and he's only available for 5.5 more hours.

Finally, and perhaps more importantly, there's a financial aspect to think about. I plan on picking up an IF Zaha for definite but I've held off while mulling over Toprak. I only have 50k right now but I have Gold 3 rewards coming tonight, by which time Zaha may have risen 5-10k (at least that's what happened with IF Werner) so I'm better off making the decision now.

Comments

• Jawohl, better than both your current cb's plus you say you're a special card hoarder soooo
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Soakrtis sbc toprak cheap and highly effective wouldnt need any other bundesliga cbs ever

• Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    He looks good but my SBC players have to be versatile link wise or they gather dust. I passed
  • S-Dog
    2917 posts National Call-Up
    If I ever had an intention of using a Bundesliga team I'd get him instantly...never seem to get on with Bundesliga tho
  • Izzy2K17
    14023 posts Has That Special Something
    I'd get him over Zaha
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4276 posts National Call-Up
    Thread title on point

Go get him !
  • CaTriEm
    Thanks everyone, reckon I'll go for it.
    Thread title on point

Appreciated, thought I'd get slaughtered.
  • WFCBagnall
    98147 posts Moderator
    I'd get him for that team.
  • MiIan
    12636 posts Has That Special Something
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Jawohl, better than both your current cb's plus you say you're a special card hoarder soooo

• craigeucario
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited December 2016
    Originally I played his normal card alongside IF Vogt, but for his SBC at only around 35k he was too good to pass up on. Solid imo.
  • rankon.
    2259 posts Fans' Favourite
    IF Vogt > all
  • Kingy
    2532 posts Fans' Favourite
    Get him before it's too late.

You don't have to put him straight in the team anyway.
  • dallas1luis
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I bit the bullet and just did it. My primary team is bundes that is why i did it. Now my defense has IF hector IF Vogt SBC Toprak and Piszczek
  • CaTriEm
    edited December 2016
    I got him guys, thanks to @ColeWorld for posting a cheap solution in the SBC thread.

I'll use him in the team above but I don't want to break up the Hoffenheim partnership full time so planned a tasty hybrid:
    Fc3o67S.png

Only expensive card I'll have to buy is Aduriz, not sure which version I'll go for but my collection is missing a MotM card.

Edit: Might just use Dragovic / A German CB instead of Sulu but I've tried most of them already.
  • Ratedxs
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2016
    Let's be honest now, you won't have that team for too long. You might as well save your coins for a tradeable card like haha. That way you could move on to another team whenever you're ready.
  • truegunn3r
    13480 posts World Class
    I got him for 13k because I had a load of 84 rated players and untradeable Movember Hennessy. Only needed Bravo and Ramsey to complete the SBC. Don't think I'll use him though as I have Boateng but it was a deal hard to refuse. Insane stats though so I might cash in Boateng and just use Toprak. Is he any good?
  • CaTriEm
    Ratedxs wrote: »
    Let's be honest now, you won't have that team for too long. You might as well save your coins for a tradeable card like haha. That way you could move on to another team whenever you're ready.

I have well over a dozen teams, so yes, I will have this team for long. I don't play this game the way most do, I "collect" teams I guess you could say.
  • zzachzx
    6279 posts Big Money Move
    Use Vogt as DM he wins every goal kick.
  • 1Claudio9
    16414 posts World Class
    1 hour left but I'm not sure what to do. Card looks nice but Bundesliga has so many good cb options that I'm not sure if I need him
  • Kove
    4848 posts Big Money Move
    rankon. wrote: »
    IF Vogt > all

Never look past a player who looks like he is performing the electric slide while dribbling

pic-vogt-hoffenheim--1-.jpg