• Ahmer50x
    14851 posts Has That Special Something
    RIP Bradley Lowery :cry:
  • NGreat
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    RIP
  • Chubbs
    14207 posts Has That Special Something
    For anyone more in the loop than me is there any chance Lens plays for the club this year?
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Chubbs wrote: »
    For anyone more in the loop than me is there any chance Lens plays for the club this year?

Depends, its unlikely that he will, but Fenerbache haven't approached yet, so it might just fizzle out and he ends up staying. Him and Khazri would run riot in the Championship if they stayed.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Poor Bradders laid to rest this morning.

R.I.P little man
  • Chubbs
    Chris wrote: »

Depends, its unlikely that he will, but Fenerbache haven't approached yet, so it might just fizzle out and he ends up staying. Him and Khazri would run riot in the Championship if they stayed.

That's what I was thinking. That is if they care enough to do so.
  • Hitman_Hatton
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Wee Duncan Watmore is cursed
  • Ahmer50x
    14851 posts Has That Special Something
  • Alastair
    9936 posts Moderator
    From Old Trafford to the Crwon Ground, Accrington in 15 months. :joy:

A season in the championship could be just what Rodwell needs to get some confidence back.

That didn't quite work out. :D

Maybe a season in League One is what he needs. That's assuming Sunderland see out the season. Roswell is contracted for next season in 44k a week. Can't see their finances doing too well if they have to pay that.

I reckon top half finish this season, just get the young lads feet in the ground in the championship, then the season or two after that, push for promotion

Shame I couldn't find your title winning prediction but this is still good. :joy:
  • Chubbs
    Games were tough to find this year online. Can only imagine in league one.
  • Alastair
    9936 posts Moderator
    Games were tough to find this year online. Can only imagine in league one.

Your only options in League one is radio commentary or attend in person. Don't think it's shown live anywhere in the world.
  • Alastair
    9936 posts Moderator
    Just seen Stan Collymore tweet about Sunderland being a tale of bad ownership? What's wrong with your owners? I've not heard any complaint from your supporters about them (no more than most fans complain).
  • Chris
    Alastair wrote: »
    Just seen Stan Collymore tweet about Sunderland being a tale of bad ownership? What's wrong with your owners? I've not heard any complaint from your supporters about them (no more than most fans complain).

How have you not heard about it? Ellis Short has been running the club into the ground since he became majority share holder in 2011(ish). Constant bad business decisions, including Ellis Short running the club from America, appointing Martin Bain, hiring an agent as director of football, who, surprise surprise, used the position to line his own pockets and leave us in huge debt, offering ageing players 70k a week 4 year contracts, selling Jordan Pickford for 30m, then investing 1.5m back into the team in the same window. I honestly could go on and on, but our club has turned into a joke, and until Ellis Short leaves, we have 0 foundation to rebuild on.
  • Alastair
    9936 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018

How have you not heard about it? Ellis Short has been running the club into the ground since he became majority share holder in 2011(ish). Constant bad business decisions, including Ellis Short running the club from America, appointing Martin Bain, hiring an agent as director of football, who, surprise surprise, used the position to line his own pockets and leave us in huge debt, offering ageing players 70k a week 4 year contracts, selling Jordan Pickford for 30m, then investing 1.5m back into the team in the same window. I honestly could go on and on, but our club has turned into a joke, and until Ellis Short leaves, we have 0 foundation to rebuild on.

Ah so it’s bad business decisions not crooked owners. I had assumed it was crooked owners from the tweet. They’re two completely different ends of the spectrum and that’ll be why I’ve not heard of them. I’d have loved an owner who made bad business decisions...
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited April 2018
    A 50k stadium in league 1, what a sight to behold.
  • Pxul_
    7196 posts Big Money Move

It’s a **** hole aswell
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Pxul_ wrote: »

It’s a **** hole aswell

It actually does have an issue with rubbish flying everywhere on a windy day.
  • Pxul_

It’s a **** hole aswell

ik I've been :joy:
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional

It’s a **** hole aswell

As have I, you'd think they had a literal dump next door.. Nothing more gross then having paper which once contained a kebab fly in to you.
  • Pxul_

It’s a **** hole aswell

As have I, you'd think they had a literal dump next door.. Nothing more gross then having paper which once contained a kebab fly in to you.

its really bad
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    It's a shame since my mums side of the family are all from Sunderland and want me to embrace it.

Kinda difficult to do that when I am wiping garlic mayo and chili sauce off myself (kebab wrapping) and playing "dodge random plastic shopping bag" .
  • Chris
    I lived in Sunderland for 16 years. It used to be bad at the stadium, but recent years before I left it was fine. People very much jump on the bandwagon in terms of bashing Sunderland.
  • Pxul_
    edited May 2018
    I lived in Sunderland for 16 years. It used to be bad at the stadium, but recent years before I left it was fine. People very much jump on the bandwagon in terms of bashing Sunderland.

I go to uni at Durham, and i've been to watch Liverpool vs Sunderland there a few times (before they got relagated :joy:) and it's dirty af
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional

As previously mentioned I do have some love for Sunderland. For the city and the club by relation. I want you to be successful and think it is a travesty that you are in league 1.

But that rubbish issue is bizzare to say the least. I even worked at Shrewsbury Town FC which is right next to a retail park and several fast food joints but never encountered trash flying in to the ground.
  • Alastair
    9936 posts Moderator
    I even worked at Shrewsbury Town FC which is right next to a retail park and several fast food joints but never encountered trash flying in to the ground.

You have to have fans at the stadium and using the fast food outlets to create rubbish. ;)

• IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    I even worked at Shrewsbury Town FC which is right next to a retail park and several fast food joints but never encountered trash flying in to the ground.

You have to have fans at the stadium and using the fast food outlets to create rubbish. ;)

oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg