• ffs Martan
    9796 posts League Winner
    They look the exact same as every other season
  • Jmcgraghan
    1072 posts Professional
    The dafabet logo is awful mind.
  • Chubbs
    14207 posts Has That Special Something
    Would really love to see Coates back next year.
  • Chubbs
    Still cant put into words how mad I am that SAFC games in Toronto is the same night as the USMNT game I already bought tickets and accommodations for

21521056x594(1).jpg?mw=655

Black Cats head to North America
    Published: 05 June, 2015
    by Sunderland AFC
    Pre-season plans in place.
    Sunderland AFC are set to travel to the USA and Canada as part of their pre-season preparations ahead of the 2015-16 Barclays Premier League campaign.
    **** Advocaat’s side will be based near San Francisco for a week-long training camp, which will include two games in Northern California. The first takes place on Tuesday July 14, against Sacramento Republic FC at Bonney Field stadium, kicking off at 8pm local time. Three days later, Sunderland will face Mexican Primera side Club de Fútbol Pachuca on Friday 17 July, again at Bonney Field, Sacramento, at 7.30pm.
    The Black Cats will round off their trip with a visit to Toronto to take on Canadian MLS side Toronto FC on Wednesday 22nd July, KO 7pm local time.
    Speaking about the tour, Sunderland AFC’s sporting director Lee Congerton said: “The trip will afford us the opportunity to face quality opposition as we prepare for the season ahead. The facilities for training are great and the games step up over the tour in terms of intensity and this will help us build our fitness and sharpness levels, which is the main aim of pre-season.”
    Sunderland AFC’s commercial director, Gary Hutchinson added: “There is a growing interest in football throughout North America. The Barclays Premier League in particular is increasing significantly in popularity, with every game shown live on TV throughout the season. This tour will afford us a fantastic opportunity to introduce Sunderland to an important overseas audience and connect with our existing supporter groups in the territory, which is a key growth area for our club.”
    Fans wishing to attend the games will be able to purchase tickets online from the three clubs, further details of which will be confirmed shortly. SAFC will not sell any tickets for the fixtures.
    Join in the conversation by using the hashtag #SAFConTour on Twitter.
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Still cant put into words how mad I am that SAFC games in Toronto is the same night as the USMNT game I already bought tickets and accommodations for
    You should be thankful, now you don't have to watch Sunderland play.
  • Chubbs
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »
    You should be thankful, now you don't have to watch Sunderland play.

now now, be nice

• Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    he's got a point and on top of that it's a meaningless friendly
  • Chubbs

Ash wrote: »

not meaningless to someone who cant afford to go overseas.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain

Oh I didn't mean to you, I mean to the players. John O'Shea is not going to give his standard 30% is he?
  • Chubbs

Oh I didn't mean to you, I mean to the players. John O'Shea is not going to give his standard 30% is he?

lmao, harsh. I know it is for them but i just wish they would have announced this earlier so I could have been there and at least yelled like crazy and make an **** out of myself.
  • Chubbs
    Cattermole with the 5 year extension.
    Coates now permanent (good deal for only 2m imo)
    And now SAFC have agreed to a fee for Celtic RB Adam Matthews
  • Chubbs
  • Chubbs
    Thoughts on potential ratings?

17fcf7f2e75f9c3f16d91f858c44256b.png
  • I SiR MartY I
    5287 posts Big Money Move
    Giaccherini 74 is a bit generous considering he's dog plop.

• Chubbs

Yeah but negative 3 in rating is a lot from one FIFA to another. Surely they wouldnt downgrade much more than that.
  • I SiR MartY I

Yeah but negative 3 in rating is a lot from one FIFA to another. Surely they wouldnt downgrade much more than that.

True but he hasn't exactly been that great from what i've seen and a big enough physical, passing and dribbling drop will see his rating drop quite a bit.

I think he will drop to a 71,72 at most.
  • Chubbs

True but he hasn't exactly been that great from what i've seen and a big enough physical, passing and dribbling drop will see his rating drop quite a bit.

He hasnt been on the field at all really. Hard to gauge for me. His first season he seemed to work hard and put in a decent amount of good shifts and this year I dont remember one thing from him even though I didnt miss a game so thats why I downed his rating.

5225247869f619fcc785f2050d1f66f3.png
  • I SiR MartY I

He hasnt been on the field at all really. Hard to gauge for me. His first season he seemed to work hard and put in a decent amount of good shifts and this year I dont remember one thing from him even though I didnt miss a game so thats why I downed his rating.

All he does is run up and down, lots of energy but not a lot of end product. Its a shame really, he had quite a lot of hype around him leading up to his move to Juve seemed like a big deal and turned into nothing.

I honestly thought he played more games for Sunderland..injuries or just not good enough to get into the team?
  • Chubbs

All he does is run up and down, lots of energy but not a lot of end product. Its a shame really, he had quite a lot of hype around him leading up to his move to Juve seemed like a big deal and turned into nothing.

I honestly thought he played more games for Sunderland..injuries or just not good enough to get into the team?

That was just for last year. He was injured almost throughout the whole season. He played like 25-30 in his first year.
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Vergini signed, but he's been told he can leave, or rather he's being forced to leave
  • Chubbs
    Chris wrote: »
    Vergini signed, but he's been told he can leave, or rather he's being forced to leave

Yeah saw that, played too many games for Gus and the automatic contract kicked in. Saw there was interest from his last club but they cant afford his wages. I still think he is better than Brown and they cant afford to lose him if they dont pick up another CB before the season.

But I do like how **** has been up front about the players he does and doesnt want, hopefull we will see another signing or two before their trip to America.
  • Jmcgraghan
    1072 posts Professional
    I can't pretend I've seen him play, but he has to be better than our current options on the wing.
    fefeb363ac405da730558cf00f627bea.png
  • Chubbs
    Jmcgraghan wrote: »
    I can't pretend I've seen him play, but he has to be better than our current options on the wing.

He used to be good in FUT so he has to be good! lol

I havent seen him either but from what I hear he is quick which is something the team could use imo. I just dont know where he is going to play if Johnson doesnt get cleared. Maybe Gia on one wing? Surely not another season of forcing Wickham to play wing.
  • Nem
    5901 posts Big Money Move

• Chubbs
    Nem wrote: »

thats why I put lol then an actual response after. :'(
  • Chubbs
    Lombaerts fails medical

just reading this on the forums, not sure about the accuracy.
  • Nem
    5901 posts Big Money Move

I know, just pulling your leg :p
  • Chubbs

I know, just pulling your leg :p

Ok, I had to say something. Could not risk that being taken seriously. haha
  • Chubbs
    For the 0 people that will use it here is the legal link to tonights friendly