SIF Benteke vs. IF Lukaku

Guys, what gives. By all practical purposes Benteke looks the better card. Yet I just saw one go unsold for 134K.

I just played probably about 15 WL games with Benteke. Not impressed. Had 4 goals, 3 with his head. He is unreal with his head, Ill give him that. But I couldnt get him to score with his boots. It seems that his price tag would indicate that I am not the only one who has been underwhelmed by Benteke.

Lukaku seems to go over 300K.

What gives? Anybody else played with SIF Benteke and left scratching your head?

Cheers.

Comments

• verdolaga
    1881 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sif Benteke is amazing, scoring a lot and none with his head lol I don't cross at all though.
  • verdolaga wrote: »
    Sif Benteke is amazing, scoring a lot and none with his head lol I don't cross at all though.

It is highly possible it is just a me thing.

But he is 200K less than my boy Romelu. Why is that? Stats are similar, and Id say Benteke's card has more "sex appeal" if you will.

Seems to me the lesser price may mean others struggle with him.
  • jfinn
    179 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Because Lukaku was used a lot for POTM hazard so there's less of him on the market.
  • Rutta
    6914 posts Big Money Move
    Must admit I found his first IF better,

I can't seem to get on with his SIF for some reason
  • Asht1981
    1425 posts Play-Off Hero
    He's a beast and u could get 84 benteke sbc cheapish so people have that as well
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3952 posts National Call-Up
    As stated price difference is irrelevant because of the hazard sbc.

I haven't used lukaku, but 2if Benteke is amazing he has 11 goals and 6 assists in 12 games. I put catalyst on him and he is great at making runs in behind, shrugging off defenders and finishing with either foot.

If I was you I'd but Benteke try him for 10-15 games and sell if you don't like him. You're not going to lose much if any.
  • jfinn wrote: »
    Because Lukaku was used a lot for POTM hazard so there's less of him on the market.

Seems like IF Lukaku would not be the way to go for that SBC. Seems like there would be less expensive routes, but that could be a factor.
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    I couldn't stand any version of Benteke this year

Lukaku however is great, even though he missed more chances than big ben for me I found it much earier to get him into positions where he could make a difference

Personally i attribute it to the fact Rome has 'tries to beat defensive line' trait so plays a little further up the field than Benteke but maybe I'm just looking for excuses lol