The Weekend League - What a horrible experience....

Mr.Spireite
1656 posts Play-Off Hero
As most of you know I have struggled to qualify and as a result this was my first week, didn't play many games because it was just horrible.

1. Park the Bus, does everyone do it.
2. Does no one try and play football
3. You win a game you get a rage message
4. You lose a game you get a gloat message
5. Every games seems to go to extra time as their is no commitment from opposition and you just can't break down the PTB

It's simply not worth the effort.

Won't be rushing to qualify again.

Comments

• DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    People over estimate PTB because they can't break someone down.

In 300+ I've had a handful of messages.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21490 posts Club Captain
    I didn't get a single message and encountered PTB about 3 times in my 40. I got 18 wins so it's no where near as bad as people say imo
  • Benjog88
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lol I was waiting for this inevitable thread
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4801 posts National Call-Up
    I didn't get a single message and encountered PTB about 3 times in my 40. I got 18 wins so it's no where near as bad as people say imo

It is as bad as people say.
  • Dan is Clutch
    33890 posts National Team Captain
    PTB was awful in the 1st month but since then I almost never play against it.
  • Arron xox
    4049 posts National Call-Up
    I only found 1 person playing ptb from the start of the game but I find it mainly in the last 20 minutes people do it
  • Stordy
    1462 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's all about adapting, which I admit is easier said than done. I hardly ever get a message but I did this weekend as he moaned that I play possession football but it was it the right areas trying to score not at the back. I told him that keeping the ball is a fundamental of football and its how I enjoy to play FIFA win or loss.
  • Benjog88
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    People don't play on PTB they play on counter...
  • CanT SLaY JaY
    1950 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not once have I received a message this WL
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    This was also my first weekend league, I qualified tuesday with my 8th attempt after winning the penalties and coming back from 2-0 in that game.

And for me the WL was pretty good. I started badly 4-0, 7-2, 5-0 defeats won also a few of games quite comfortable, got a DNF/disconnect even if I was leading 1-0 in the 70th minute another disconnects in the first half and was there with 4 wins and 27 to go.

But then something happened and I got matched with opponents at my level and the games became tight mostly 1-0 for me or against me basically leading me to 12 wins with 9 to go.

And then for some reasons even though the games were still tight I manage to win 5 in a row with headers from Vidal (2) or Nainggolan (1), one with a huge mistake by the opposite GK that just went to 30 meters from his goal and was intercepted leading me to 17 and 4 to go. I lost the next 2 games, one with a red card and penalty even though I was dominating.
    Then on the 39th game I manage to overturn a 1-0 deficit and win and honestly I felt like somebody playing Barcelona. I was only defensive, but it must have felt like park the bus. The guy had way more possession, he did skills, had a lot of shots, but De Gea just didn't let any in the second half.

With stress gone since I couldn't progress further the last one was a more open game with me winning 4-2 (I think first or second game where I scored 4 in the WL)

So I would say it was pleasant for me with lows (like those trashing I got in the beginning or last goals), but with high too (for example I matched one guy twice and even though he beat me the first time I managed to get a revenge), only 1 boring game with some guy that went defensive and passed the ball a lot. I will not be playing in the next 2 weekends since I will be on holiday, but maybe after that I hope to qualify again.
  • Mista_Hotspur
    282 posts Sunday League Hero
    i actually enjoy it.
  • BcfcDale88
    7060 posts Big Money Move
    Lucky you for qualifying I've just got disconnected and got the loss it was 0-0
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »
    Lucky you for qualifying I've just got disconnected and got the loss it was 0-0

Forgot the disconnects....
  • Cantonas Collar
    1926 posts Play-Off Hero
    DaveSaves wrote: »

This.

I've had a few messages where opponents have moaned at me because they've perceived I've been playing defensively but I actually play on balanced with 60 pressure and 60 agression. Some people clearly can't tell the difference between good defending or PTB/ultra d.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    DaveSaves wrote: »

I hardly get messages in normal play but I must admit I received many in the WL.
  • HaveAGoHero
    53 posts Park Captain
    It was my first weekend league also. Started off with a ropey 1-8 record on Friday, ended up winning my last 7 games last night to finish with 19 wins. Seems to me like the better players are all getting their games done early doors... I played some very average players last night.

To answer the OP:

1. Probably 5 opponents using PTB out of the 40 games played. I was expecting a lot more.
    2. ?? Don't understand that comment.
    3. Didn't get a single message
    4. Didn't get a single message
    5. Maybe 8 or 9 games went to extra time. Won 5 or 6 of them before the lottery of penalties .
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    So

What was your record Spire?
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    So

10 wins out of about 20 games I think, racked up most late last night.

Not worth the stress.
  • Wonderfulwest
    5221 posts Big Money Move
    I don't find the opponents to be a problem it's the laggy gameplay and input delay. That only appears in FUT Champs. Seasons and cups is fine, just annoying really
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't find the opponents to be a problem it's the laggy gameplay and input delay. That only appears in FUT Champs. Seasons and cups is fine, just annoying really

You don't play Draft then...
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    So

10 wins out of about 20 games I think, racked up most late last night.

Not worth the stress.

That's not a bad return!

Puts you on course for gold3 which is autoqual and decent packs.
  • Kieren1888
    1822 posts Play-Off Hero
    This WL was decent till i got my 18 wins then loss 3 in a row and gave up.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    TBH

I find it hard to play at weekends due to family time. 20 games was really stretching it....
  • BenzP7
    8316 posts League Winner
    Ive played every single WLs and all 40 yet I only got 10ish messages.

PTB happens often but not every game, maybe 1/3.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    I dunno what you're talking about, i have some lovely conversations during fut champs

662707beb409e4ad779a09acaf4d62c7.png
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ive played every single WLs and all 40 yet I only got 10ish messages.

PTB happens often but not every game, maybe 1/3.

No not every game, a bit of an exageration.

Never get them in Divisions, had a fair few this weekend.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    I dunno what you're talking about, i have some lovely conversations during fut champs

662707beb409e4ad779a09acaf4d62c7.png

SUms it up.
  • crackers07
    1200 posts Professional
    Got a few messages but all gg. Had some great games, a few bs typical ea nonsense and a few ptb but overall my best experience with wl so far.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    33 wins and only 1 rage message and 1 party invite. Invite was because I corner sweated away 5 minutes at the end of my 32nd win. I wasn't chancing that!
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    crackers07 wrote: »
    Got a few messages but all gg. Had some great games, a few bs typical ea nonsense and a few ptb but overall my best experience with wl so far.

Actually same, had some really good match ups this weekend and probably the smoothest it's been too, must have sent a dozen or so gg messages and had a few decent convos along the way