Cheap team does better...

Primal
4331 posts National Call-Up
I rage sold boatang,alaba,neur,KDB,vidal after they were playing horrible during WL -slow,week and un responsive.

I decides to replace them for cheap with bailey,shaw,erikson,mov hendo and now martial up top. Ive won my last 8 and the movements imense. Ive never used bailey before but to me i cant tell the difference with boatang :/

Anyone else found that using a cheap team seems to work better? And no im not implying a conspiracy theory just seems strange.

Comments

  • It's been an issue discussed in many fifa's lol
  • Primal
    4331 posts National Call-Up
    Wished id of realised sooner ha
  • Yeezus112
    1146 posts Professional
    edited December 2016
    People who complain about handicap never actually played the older FIFA's.
    FIFA 10 till 13 I never witness anything like that in the last 3 titles.
  • Silent Singer74
    676 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've been using sbc Buffon and he can't catch a cold. I now use sportiello and he's better than him. The same goes with SIF icardi and immobile, couldn't do a thing. 650 coins for Eder and he's banging them in for fun. It makes no sense.
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    edited December 2016
    its because Bailly is over rated, you need to have smalling in there aswell
  • Primal
    4331 posts National Call-Up
    I've been using sbc Buffon and he can't catch a cold. I now use sportiello and he's better than him. The same goes with SIF icardi and immobile, couldn't do a thing. 650 coins for Eder and he's banging them in for fun. It makes no sense.

    I swapped sbc buffon for neur then for butland ..... if you cant beat them... hes not made a glaringly obvious error which is more than i can say for buffon who was costing me games constantly
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2016
    I agree with @Yeezus112


    There is no kind of 'disadvantage' to using high rated players, at least not in the recent titles.


    When i won 36/40 in the WL using a 50k team, my toughest game, albeit a 2-1 win, was against a full legend
    4-2-3-1 2 team.

    If what you're referring to does 'exist', his keane wouldn't have been able to score from 30 yards :D
  • Paciga45
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    More expensive does not = better all of the time @Pugzilla
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    I know the OP will get ridiculed. But he has a point. I play with a 7 million team, and when not with a 50k one. Results with the first team is marginally better. But most important not worthy using loads of real life money on. Looking forward to 18. Not going to use "real money" at all, reckon my experience will be loads better. @Pugzilla
  • RadioShaq
    14800 posts Moderator
    Yeah its more about your skill than the price of the squad.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Yeah I firmly believe a better team has absolutely no bearing on performance or getting more wins in a weekend league. I had a game earlier where my Boateng, who is the highest rated NIF/ Legend defender in the game, got tripped by 81 rated Kante and let him through for an easy goal. That same game went to pens where my 92 rated Neuer proceeded to dive straight over 3 shots even tho I hit it as fast as humanly possible to the side of the shot, and to top it all of the deciding pen was a shoelace save by 82 rated butland. Playing with a 50 million coin team or 50k coin team makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    Painter753 wrote: »
    Yeah I firmly believe a better team has absolutely no bearing on performance or getting more wins in a weekend league. I had a game earlier where my Boateng, who is the highest rated NIF/ Legend defender in the game, got tripped by 81 rated Kante and let him through for an easy goal. That same game went to pens where my 92 rated Neuer proceeded to dive straight over 3 shots even tho I hit it as fast as humanly possible to the side of the shot, and to top it all of the deciding pen was a shoelace save by 82 rated butland. Playing with a 50 million coin team or 50k coin team makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

    I agree. And this is the reason using money on this game is a massive, massive waist.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    Painter753 wrote: »
    Yeah I firmly believe a better team has absolutely no bearing on performance or getting more wins in a weekend league. I had a game earlier where my Boateng, who is the highest rated NIF/ Legend defender in the game, got tripped by 81 rated Kante and let him through for an easy goal. That same game went to pens where my 92 rated Neuer proceeded to dive straight over 3 shots even tho I hit it as fast as humanly possible to the side of the shot, and to top it all of the deciding pen was a shoelace save by 82 rated butland. Playing with a 50 million coin team or 50k coin team makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

    I agree. And this is the reason using money on this game is a massive, massive waist.
    Yeah, not spending anything on FP after launch on 18 if I even get it. There's no reason to Kante/Martial/ Smalling are better than any legend in the game.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    Painter753 wrote: »
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    Painter753 wrote: »
    Yeah I firmly believe a better team has absolutely no bearing on performance or getting more wins in a weekend league. I had a game earlier where my Boateng, who is the highest rated NIF/ Legend defender in the game, got tripped by 81 rated Kante and let him through for an easy goal. That same game went to pens where my 92 rated Neuer proceeded to dive straight over 3 shots even tho I hit it as fast as humanly possible to the side of the shot, and to top it all of the deciding pen was a shoelace save by 82 rated butland. Playing with a 50 million coin team or 50k coin team makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

    I agree. And this is the reason using money on this game is a massive, massive waist.
    Yeah, not spending anything on FP after launch on 18 if I even get it. There's no reason to Kante/Martial/ Smalling are better than any legend in the game.

    Better I don't know. But they are highly competitive. The advantage you get using real money is minimum.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Agreed, more down to skill. Not going to be spending much next year either
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    Shane wrote: »
    Agreed, more down to skill. Not going to be spending much next year either

    Same. I am 2 div no matter what team I have, and that's no exaggeration.
  • krakos000
    17415 posts World Class
    Shane wrote: »
    Agreed, more down to skill. Not going to be spending much next year either

    I might even skip out on the game if it's this ****....also when you say skill, you mean the "skill" it takes for a defender to stand there while trying to switch to them haha
  • Orison
    47042 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Skill comes first, then comes the team.

    But the team has to suit the game mechanics. The cheap players everyone is using simply fit the game mechanics very well. A Martial is fast, strong and has 4* skills, you don't need much more since every player (no matter what finishing) can score low driven shots. But still there is room to upgrade, Ronaldo fits the game mechanics as well AND he can score wonder goals.

    But there are expensive players who don't really fit the game mechanics and therefore get outperformed by cheaper players.
  • RadioShaq
    14800 posts Moderator
    Orison wrote: »
    Skill comes first, then comes the team.

    But the team has to suit the game mechanics. The cheap players everyone is using simply fit the game mechanics very well. A Martial is fast, strong and has 4* skills, you don't need much more since every player (no matter what finishing) can score low driven shots. But still there is room to upgrade, Ronaldo fits the game mechanics as well AND he can score wonder goals.

    But there are expensive players who don't really fit the game mechanics and therefore get outperformed by cheaper players.

    This is true nobody is using totti and cassano going cheap teams win every game.
  • RWU
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    I've been using sbc Buffon and he can't catch a cold. I now use sportiello and he's better than him. The same goes with SIF icardi and immobile, couldn't do a thing. 650 coins for Eder and he's banging them in for fun. It makes no sense.

    sportiello was good for me too for my fitness team.. make me wonder why do I buy expensive GK
  • Overevil
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite
    With cheap teams( 100-200k) I wasn't able even to stay in div3 sometimes
    Last week bought some superstar and hold div2 with easy
    Cheap teams doesn't play better this year, I can feel the enormous difference between musa and Dybala for example.
    This year is all in your mind
  • Matt_Cornwall
    2910 posts Fans' Favourite
    I agree it's all a state of mind for both you and your opponent. If they see a stacked team they concentrate and focus more on winning while you might relax more and just expect to steam roller the opposition because your team is better.
    likewise when you go in with a cheap team your expectations of the players aren't as high so you don't expect miracle passes and shots.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Its all in your imagination. :)
  • VerdePride
    3240 posts National Call-Up
    I've been using sbc Buffon and he can't catch a cold. I now use sportiello and he's better than him. The same goes with SIF icardi and immobile, couldn't do a thing. 650 coins for Eder and he's banging them in for fun. It makes no sense.

    I also use SBC Buffon and I'm not sure if the upgrade was worth it
  • Just a thought but could it not be that because you have top players that you would "expect" them to play to there stats & in turn you lower your mental competitiveness thinking that with top players it should be a walk in the park compared to the lower rated players. I have noticed that when I use a lower rated team I change my game play to adapt to the team I am using.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Better players are definitely better.

    Martial is great at LW. Neymar is next level.
  • player
    426 posts Sunday League Hero
    Better cards play better,but better teams plays worst,if this make sense to you.if u got superstars in attack and the opponent have 79 rated left back play in CBC,u will miss the clearest chances.and if u got 79 rated at takers and the oponent got 87 rated defenders u just gonna glide thru them.this is how the game is"adjusted "
  • Any tym7
    1379 posts Professional
    Players play better individually but as a team and how the game plays basically against you the whole time makes high rated team same as cheap teams ea way of making everything even .

    I play with cheap team i win more often and much less stressfull then when i use my 6 mil team who score better goals but always seems like everything is against you sending you into a rage

    i can sort of tell when my opponants about to score my defenders stop responding to (a button )and start to move out of his way setting him up with a 1vs 1 with my gk and every tackle i do just keeps going back to him then u get trapped in your half and the goal usually follows after that .
  • Benjog88
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    Its the way people approach the game, if they see a stacked team they will play more defensive, if they see a team that they feel is weaker than their's they will be alot more open and have a go. So it just feels like the cheaper team has more space and better movement but in reality it is just down to the other player
Sign In or Register to comment.