where can I really learn how to defend?

TheBigLebowski
368 posts Sunday League Hero
This youtube tutorials aren't really helping me, is there another website or something that could help? Where can I watch full games of pro players? I don't have much time to play during the week so I play mostly fut champions, and my defense is killing me, I'm aways qualified but I can never pass 23 wins, I even tried utra defensive and defensive custom tactics but I don't like to play that way so it didn't work. I need some help. Thanks.

Comments

• SKILLED_NOOB1
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2016
    Just practise, it's all you can really do. This custom tactic or that custom tactic although they do help alot are not gunna do it for you.

Learning when to press and when not to is the key between being a good defender and a bad one imo. Try not to panic and learn to cut off passing lanes especially to stop through balls.

Tbh, if you can get 23 wins (more than I can!) I don't think you really have a problem and certainly don't need advice from me! :D
  • Shahski
    778 posts Semi-Pro
    Sometimes your defending isn't the issue. It's just some opponents are extremely good at attacking which makes it difficult for us to defend. If you manage 22 wins each week I'd suggest you defend ok, just get beat by better players. FYI though, I don't ever jokey. I know YouTube videos tell you too but I find it doesn't help. Try a game without jokey and see yourself. I average 30 wins each week.
  • TheBigLebowski
    edited December 2016
    Just practise, it's all you can really do. This custom tactic or that custom tactic although they do help alot are not gunna do it for you.

Learning when to press and when not to is the key between being a good defender and a bad one imo. Try not to panic and learn to cut off passing lanes especially to stop through balls.

Tbh, if you can get 23 wins (more than I can!) I don't think you really have a problem and certainly don't need advice from me! :D

thanks mate, practise in fut champions is kind of hard, I get too angry, but thats what I'll have to do
    Shahski wrote: »
    Sometimes your defending isn't the issue. It's just some opponents are extremely good at attacking which makes it difficult for us to defend. If you manage 22 wins each week I'd suggest you defend ok, just get beat by better players. FYI though, I don't ever jokey. I know YouTube videos tell you too but I find it doesn't help. Try a game without jokey and see yourself. I average 30 wins each week.

thanks mate I'll try that, I'm looking for help because some players defend extremely well and I can't find out how
  • Jaedric_Kaine
    1756 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm with you on this OP. I get frustrated because almost everyone I play charges at me and nicks the ball with way more ease than should. However, when I try to win the ball back, it is usually a 30/70 ratio that I am going to be successful. Practice practice I guess, I just feel like there is one key that I'm missing to make it fall into place.
  • John Knows
    837 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Try practising offline, play on legendary and start a career with a bad team. This teaches you patience and not to press like a maniac because the computer will pick you apart if you do so.
  • Robmu22
    1292 posts Professional
    95% of players this year let the ai defend for a reason, its so fecking over powered.

Just control a midfielder and let the ai do all the work for you.
  • TheBigLebowski
    I'm with you on this OP. I get frustrated because almost everyone I play charges at me and nicks the ball with way more ease than should. However, when I try to win the ball back, it is usually a 30/70 ratio that I am going to be successful. Practice practice I guess, I just feel like there is one key that I'm missing to make it fall into place.

I think I'm missing somthing too mate
    John Knows wrote: »
    Try practising offline, play on legendary and start a career with a bad team. This teaches you patience and not to press like a maniac because the computer will pick you apart if you do so.

I think it's too boring, and takes too much time
    Robmu22 wrote: »
    95% of players this year let the ai defend for a reason, its so fecking over powered.

Just control a midfielder and let the ai do all the work for you.

I try to do that but sometimes it doens't work against the good players
  • RadioShaq
    14808 posts Moderator
    Yeah most on here will just say do nothing win every game lol. Its just something you have to guess what your opponent will do by understanding tendencies. You can watch gorilla kurt jukez all on twitch though.
  • TheBigLebowski
    thanks mate I'll try that
  • maksi
    6589 posts Big Money Move
    +1, all his defenders are like on steroids