AS Roma: A new era with an old hero

JoshDFC
2146 posts Fans' Favourite
Roma sack Spalletti
spalletti-totti.jpg
AS Roma have confirmed Francesco Totti as their new manager after the dismissal of Luciano Spalletti after Roma’s shock Champions League exit at the hands of FC Porto in a game that saw two Roma players sent off.

A club statement read
“After a meeting earlier this morning we can confirm that AS Roma have decided to terminate the contract of head coach Luciano Spalletti following the disappointing elimination from the Champions League. We feel Luciano has lost the respect of the dressing room which is why several players lost their heads in a game of this magnitude and would like to thank Luciano for all his hard work whilst in charge of the club. We can confirm we have appointed current first team captain Francesco Totti as his replacement and he will be available to answer your questions at a press conference at a later date.

Comments

• JoshDFC
    edited December 2016
    og-default.jpg

Breaking News

AS Roma, Ajax, Young Boys and RB Salzburg have been reinstated into this seasons Champions League after Dinamo Kiev, Ludogorets, FC Rostov and Dinamo Zagreb were all kicked out of the competition. Dinamo Kiev were found guilty of fielding an ineligible player goalkeeper Maksym Koval wasn’t properly registered for the competition whereas Zagreb, Rostov and Ludogorets all failed FFP significantly resulting in them being kicked out of this year’s competition and banned from the next three seasons.

AS Roma, Ajax, Young Boys and RB Salzburg will replace the teams with AS Roma replacing Ludogorets meaning they will face the likes of PSG, Arsenal and FC Basel, Ajax replace Dinamo Zagreb meaning they will face off with Juventus, Sevilla and Lyon, RB Salzburg replace FC Rostov so they will have to face Bayern Munchen, Atletico Madrid and PSV and finally Young Boys replace Dinamo Kiev so they’ll be pitted against Napoli, Benfica, and Besiktas.
    Post edited by JoshDFC on
  • JoshDFC
    edited December 2016
    900bwj.png
    Hi everybody and welcome to the official press conference to unveil our new manager Francesco Totti. Feel free to ask him any questions.

Q: Congratulations Francesco. With you taking over as manager does this mean you are retiring from playing football?
    FT: This is still something I am considering. I think that until January I have no choice but to stay available for selection because we are a little short up front. So at the moment I am available for selection.

Q: You have been reinstated into the Champions League does this mean that whatever punishment was awaiting De Rossi and Emerson will now be forgotten about?
    FT: No both players are still being punished both players are banned from this weekend’s Serie A opener against Udinese and both have been fined and warned about their further conduct.

Q: You have been put in a group with PSG, Arsenal and FC Basel. What do you make of your team’s chances of qualifying from such a tough group?
    FT: I think it will be very difficult PSG are one of my favourites to win the competition, Arsenal are one of the biggest teams in England and always qualify for the competition and FC Basel are always a very difficult team to beat. We must make the most of the opportunity we have been presented with.

Q: What targets do you have in place to extend your contract come the end of the season?
    FT: The target is the same as it always is it is to challenge for the Serie A title it won’t be easy but I think we have a team that can mount a serious challenge. The biggest goal is to ensure we are playing Champions League football next season.

Q: You have played for AS Roma your entire career do you intend on staying a one team man through your management career as well?
    FT: Everybody knows how much I love AS Roma I have no reason to leave this fantastic club. In terms of staying for the rest of my career I will stay for as long as the club want me in charge I wouldn’t rule out managing in another country if the right opportunity came along but my aim is to try and make AS Roma the biggest club in Italy once again.
  • JoshDFC
    edited December 2016
    AS Roma fixtures and results

August

20/08/2016 Udinese (H) Serie A 1-0
    28/08/2016 Cagliari (A) Serie A 0-1

September

10/09/2016 Sampdoria (H) Serie A 0-0
    14/09/2016 Arsenal (A) Champions League 0-1
    18/09/2016 Fiorentina (A) Serie A 1-2
    21/09/2016 Crotone (H) Serie A 1-0
    24/09/2016 Torino (A) Serie A 1-1
    27/09/2016 Paris Saint-Germain (A) Champions League 1-2

October

02/10/2016 Inter Milan (H) Serie A 3-1
    15/10/2016 Napoli (A) Serie A 0-4
    18/10/2016 FC Basel (H) Champions League 1-1
    23/10/2016 Palermo (H) Serie A 2-0
    26/10/2016 Sassuolo (A) Serie A 0-1
    30/10/2016 Empoli (A) Serie A 1-1

November

02/11/2016 Arsenal (H) Champions League 2-1
    06/11/2016 Bologna (H) Serie A 0-0
    22/11/2016 FC Basel (A) Champions League 1-1
    27/11/2016 Pescara (H) Serie A 3-1
    30/11/2016 Atalanta (A) Serie A 0-0

December

04/12/2016 Lazio (A) Serie A
    07/12/2016 Paris Saint-Germain (H) Champions League
    11/12/2016 AC Milan (H) Serie A
    18/12/2016 Juventus (A) Serie A
    22/12/2016 Chievo (H) Serie A

January

07/01/2017 Genoa (A) Serie A
    11/01/2017 TBD Coppa Italia
    15/01/2017 Udinese (A) Serie A
    21/01/2017 Cagliari (H) Serie A
    28/01/2017 Sampdoria (A) Serie A

February

05/02/2017 Fiorentina (H) Serie A
    12/02/2017 Crotone (A) Serie A
    18/02/2017 Torino (H) Serie A
    25/02/2017 Inter Milan (A) Serie A

March

05/03/2017 Napoli (H) Serie A
    10/03/2017 Palermo (A) Serie A
    17/03/2017 Sassuolo (H) Serie A

April

02/04/2017 Empoli (H) Serie A
    09/04/2017 Bologna (A) Serie A
    15/04/2017 Atalanta (H) Serie A
    23/04/2017 Pescara (A) Serie A
    30/04/2017 Lazio (H) Serie A

May

08/05/2017 AC Milan (A) Serie A
    14/05/2017 Juventus (H) Serie A
    21/05/2017 Chievo (A) Serie A
    27/05/2017 Genoa (H) Serie A
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck! Nice squad you got there... Personally I'm a fan of El Sha so this could be interesting to follow! :)
  • JoshDFC
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Good luck! Nice squad you got there... Personally I'm a fan of El Sha so this could be interesting to follow! :)

Cheers I like Romas team just think they lack a LB and a Striker as I only have Perrotti and Dzeko at the moment don't really want to use Totti
  • JoshDFC
    August Update

2psiqf5.png

Francesco Totti got off to a winning start in his opening game as a football manager after beating Udinese 1-0 at home. Roma took the lead after 65 minutes Florenzis free kick from the left wing was met by Paredes six yards out and his header left the keeper with no chance. Udinese almost equalised in injury time Widmers ball from the right was met by an unmarked Thereau but his header cannoned back off the bar. Heres what Totti had to say after the win.

FT: I think we deserved to win this game we dominated it for 65 minutes then when we scored sat back a bit to deep and it almost cost us but we will learn I think our overall performance was fantastic and we deserved to score more goals we controlled the tempo and managed to get the three points on the table which is the most important thing.

34fxnol.png

Francesco Totti made one change to the team that beat Udinese for his sides trip to newly promoted Cagliari with Edin Dzeko replacing Diego Perotti upfront. It was Edin Dzeko who got the only goal of the game in second half injury time great work by Salah down the right led to him finding Dzeko unmarked and he took a touch before rolling the ball into the corner to snatch the three points.

FT: I’m delighted we have won two games out of two and haven’t conceded a goal yet. I think today we edged the game and deserved to win it was quite a dull game and they were happy to sit back and make things difficult for us but we didn’t panic we were patient we didn’t rush and when we got the opportunity it fell to the right man. Edin has fantastic quality in front of goal and he showed he has great composure as well because it was the last chance of the game but he remained calm and put the ball were the keeper wouldn’t get to it a lot of players would have shot first time but Edin showed why he is a fantastic striker.

Totti also gave us an update on when De Rossi and Emerson will be back in the picture
    FT: They will be back on the 18th September the game after their Champions League ban kicks in. both of them have been doing fantastic in training and trying to impress me I am happy with how professional they have both been
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good luck. Seems like a good start
  • JTS900
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck mate! Decent start as well.
  • Ashy
    13879 posts Has That Special Something
    Good start and nice manager choice, 1-0 to Roma seems to be the thing right now ;)
  • JoshDFC
    Good luck. Seems like a good start

Cheers :)
    JTS900 wrote: »
    Good luck mate! Decent start as well.

Cheers :)
    Ashy wrote: »
    Good start and nice manager choice, 1-0 to Roma seems to be the thing right now ;)

Cheers Totti seemed to be the best option Italians are known to be happy with 1-0's ;)
  • ale85bg
    Nice results there. I would've expected you to score some more past Cagliari but hey, a win is a win. :D
  • JoshDFC
    September Update

2my0xmr.png

AS Roma: Alisson, Peres, Manolas, Vermaelen, Florenzi, Nainggolan, Paredes, Strootman, Salah, Dzeko, El Shaarawy
    Sampdoria: Viviano, Sala, Skriniar, Silvestre, Pavlovic, Praet, Torreira, Barreto, Duricic, Muriel, Quagliarella

AS Roma will be wondering how they only drew after dominating against Sampdoria. Roma had the opportunity to score after eight minutes after Sala brought down Dzeko in the box but the Bosnians penalty was saved by Viviano. Roma almost scored after seventy minutes Rui’s shot was well saved but it fell to El Shaarawy his shot hit Silvestre then deflected onto the bar from the resulting corner Strootmans header was cleared off the line. Sampdoria held on for a point.

FT: I can’t believe we haven’t won that game I’m devastated for our players because they played fantastic and deserved more from the game. We can’t dwell on this result because we have a big gasme against Arsenal midweek we can look at the positives we dominated the game and still haven’t conceded a goal.

Totti also gave an update on Bruno Peres who was stretchered off in the first half

FT: We believe that he has a brea in his ankle so it is a bad one he will go for a scan on it but the physio seems quite sure that he has a break so he will be out for a long time.

2pqlzc7.png

Arsenal: Cech, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Walcott, Elneny, Coquelin, Sanchez, Ozil, Giroud
    AS Roma: Alisson, Florenzi, Manolas, Vermaelen, Mario Rui, Nainggolan, Paredes, Strootman, Salah, Perotti, El Shaarawy

AS Roma got there Champions League campaign back underway with a 1-0 win away to Arsenal. Roma took the lead six minutes before half time a great run from Salah resulted in the Egyptian international shooting from twenty yards his shot cannoned back off the crossbar but Perotti reacted first to head past a helpless Petr Cech. Arsenals best chance fell to Laurent Koscielny Walcott had a shot from the edge of the box which fell to the Frenchman five yards out but he couldn’t hit the target.

FT: I am delighted with this performance everybody gave there all and left it out on the pitch. This was a difficult game Arsenal at the Emirates are always difficult to play against but to come here and get a win it gives us a fantastic platform to build on and it gives us an incredible opportunity to progress from a very difficult group. We must remain grounded though because we still have five games to play but today we gave ourselves a great opportunity.

287jadt.png

Fiorentina: Tatarusanu, Salcedo, Tomovic, Rodriquez, Bernardeschi, Cristoforo, Sanchez, Toledo, Zarate, Kalinic, Ilicic,
    AS Roma: Alisson, Florenzi, Manolas, Vermaelen, Mario Rui, Nainggolan, Paredes, Strootman, Salah, Perotti, El Shaarawy

AS Roma came from behind to claim all three points at Fiorentina after a calamitous error from Alisson gifted Fiorentina the lead. The error came after Nineteen minutes Bernardeschis cross from the right was dropped by the Brazil International at the feet of Kalinic who couldn’t miss from three yards out. Roma equalised with fifteen minutes left some great play by Perotti resulted in the Argentinean putting Strootman through and he fired across the keeper into the bottom corner. Roma took the lead nine minutes later some great play by Salah and Florenzi resulted in the Italy full backs cross finding Nainggolan at the back post and the Belgian made no mistake volleying past the helpless Tatarusanu. Fiorentina almost equalised with three minutes left another mistake by Alisson who failed to control Mario Ruis back pass he was tackled by Kalinic but the striker could only fire into the side netting.

FT: I am delighted with the character we showed. We went 1-0 down in a game that I felt we were dominating. Alisson admitted he made a mistake but I also think that if a striker runs into a goalkeeper and makes him drop the ball it is a foul but the referee obviously didn’t see it that way but we came back and deservedly got the win so obviously I am delighted because Fiorentina are a great team who I feel can challenge for a Champions League place.

20t3w5e.png

AS Roma: Alisson, Florenzi, Manolas, Vermaelen, Jesus, De Rossi, Nainggolan, Iturbe, Salah, Dzeko, El Shaarawy
    Crotone: Cojocaru, Dussenne, Sampirisi, Ceccherini, Stoian, Crisetig, Rohden, Martella, Tonev, Falcinelli, Palladino

AS Roma continued there strong start to the Serie A season as they edged out newly promoted Crotone at home. Roma took the lead just after half time some great play from De Rossi saw him play Dzeko through one on one and the big Bosnian made no mistake slotting the ball into the corner. Crotone almost equalised in the last minute of normal time Nainggolan giving the ball away in midfield leading to Tonev putting young striker Trotta through but his shot clipped the post on its way wide.

FT: I think today we didn’t play our best game. Crotone came here happy to sit back and soak up all are pressure which they did well for a majority of the game I think they defended fantastically for most of the match but fortunately we got the goal which gives us the three points.

On Iturbe being stretchered off

FT: He has a dislocated shoulder so I think he will be out for a couple of months the physio thinks it will be eight weeks I feel for him because he was playing well until that point.

311qulw.png

Torino: Hart, Zappacosta, Rossettini, Castan, Molinaro, Benassi, Vives, Valdifiori, Falque, Lopez, Ljajic
    AS Roma: Alisson, Florenzi, Manolas, Fazio, Mario Rui, Nainggolan, Paredes, Strootman, Gerson, Perotti, Emerson

AS Roma came from behind to claim a point as Francesco Totti made his first appearance of the season. In a much changed side Roma went behind on the stroke of half time former Roma player Ljajic’s low cross was met by on loan Roma winger Falque who punished his parent club for some poor marking. Roma came close to equalising after seventy four minutes Tottis corner was met by Manolas but his header hit the underside of the bar before bouncing out. Roma were level just four minutes later Florenzi broke into the Torino box and was brought down Moretti, Up stepped Totti and he sent Hart the wrong way to earn Roma a point.

FT: I am proud of the team today because we had to make a lot of changes but the players that came in did there jobs and they all gave 100%. We never let our heads drop even when we went 1-0 down and we dug deep to grind out the result and get ourselves a deserved point. It means we are still unbeaten and keeps the confidence up we have another tough game away to PSG midweek so hopefully we can go there and get a positive result which will mean a great start to the season.

syo83q.png

PSG: Trapp, Aurier, Marquinhos, Silva, Kurzawa, Motta, Matuidi, Krychowiak, Di Maria, Cavani, Pastore
    AS Roma: Alisson, Florenzi, Manolas, Vermaelen, Mario Rui, Nainggolan, Paredes, Strootman, Salah, Dzeko, El Shaarawy

AS Roma continued their unbeaten start under Francesco Totti with a 2-1 away win at Paris Saint-Germain. Roma took the lead after twenty three minutes Salahs shot from a tight angle was well saved by Trapp but Dzeko was on hand to head home from five yards with the keeper still grounded from the original shot. PSG were level after sixty five minutes a 50-50 out side the Roma area saw Matuidi beat Mario Rui to the ball he poked it through to Cavani whose powerful shot flew into the bottom corner from just inside the area. Roma got there winner after seventy four minutes great play by Nainggolan played El Shaarawy in down the left his initial shot was saved but the ball fell to Nainggolan three yards out who tapped it.

FT: I think this is our most impressive performance of the season. PSG are one of Europe’s best teams but we played them off the pitch and deserved to win the game. I think that when they equalised it would have been easy for us to try to hold on and get a point a lot of people would have seen that as a good result but I thought the way we played and were playing there was no way we could sit back and take a point we deserved three so we took the game by the scruff of the neck and gave are fans something to celebrate.

2w3qmhz.png

2hgtwxy.png
  • JoshDFC
    Nice results there. I would've expected you to score some more past Cagliari but hey, a win is a win. :D

will be on the look out for a striker when the opportunity arises think if I had scored earlier might have had a few but win is a win like you say :)
  • ale85bg
    Hey, are you sure you're not using the 2015/16 version of Dzeko, who couldn't score to save his life? :scream:

Still going well I see, keep it up!
  • JoshDFC
    Hey, are you sure you're not using the 2015/16 version of Dzeko, who couldn't score to save his life? :scream:

Still going well I see, keep it up!

He has been struggling which is why I dropped him quite disappointed but I am enjoying using Perotti as a false 9
  • JoshDFC
    i5ul9k.png

After nearly two months of life under Francesco Totti we sit down with newly appointed AS Roma captain Daniele De Rossi to discuss life under the new boss and his ambitions for the new season.

Q: Daniele thanks for sitting down with us, First things first what are you making to life under Francesco Totti?

De Rossi: I think he has made a fantastic start with the squad obviously I haven’t played much so far with my suspensions but I’m getting myself fully fit again and hope to contribute more in the coming weeks. I keep working hard in training to try and impress Francesco but I also admit that Leandro (Paredes), Radja (Nainggolan) and Kevin (Strootman) have all been playing fantastic so they deserve their spot.

Q: With the side top of the league do you believe there is a genuine belief in the side that you can win the Scudetto this season?

De Rossi: I think when you play for AS Roma you should always believe you can win titles. We know it is early days but the atmosphere around the place is fantastic the fans are really behind us and the lads are buzzing. I think we are still learning what Francesco wants and we obviously have a few injuries so once were at full strength I think we will be even stronger.

Q: You mentioned earlier about your suspensions do you believe that you were harshly treated by the management?

De Rossi: No, I spoke with Francesco at length he was disappointed not that I was sent off but the way in which I was sent off. He has made me captain and he has told me I must be more responsible I have to lead by example. I am delighted to be captain of this fantastic club and I hope to win many trophies here under Francesco. FORZA AS ROMA
  • Ashy
    13879 posts Has That Special Something
    Quite a good start from Roma, top of the group and league as of right now and it seems Totti has the lads playing how he wants
  • Mufc_4_life
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Great start beating PSG and Arsenal
  • JoshDFC
    Ashy wrote: »
    Quite a good start from Roma, top of the group and league as of right now and it seems Totti has the lads playing how he wants

Yeah :) Perotti is thriving in that false 9 role
    Great start beating PSG and Arsenal

Was very surprised I beat both of them especially away :)
  • JoshDFC
    edited December 2016
    October Review

2vjwys0.png

Inter Milan: Handanovic, D’Ambrosio, Andreolli, Miranda, Ansaldi, Melo, Medel, Candreva, Banega, Perisic, Icardi

AS Roma beat Inter Milan 3-1 to remain top of the Serie A. Roma took the lead after ten minutes some good work by Salah who found Perotti just outside the box he used his burst off pace to beat Miranda before firing across Handanovic into the top corner. Roma doubled their lead after thirty three minutes Perotti beat Ansaldi before slotting the ball through the legs of Handanovic it hit the inside of his leg on the way in and goes down as an own goal. Inter pulled one back with a beauty Icardi cut the ball back to the edge of the area and Banega curled the ball into the top corner. AS Roma then scored a beauty of their own Salah cut the ball back to Nainggolan twenty yards out his vicious shot cannoned in off the bar giving the keeper no chance.

FT: It’s a nice way to go into the international break. I think today in the first half we were exceptional and deservedly we had a comfortable lead. In the second half we faded a little bit but that’s to be expected when you’re playing against a team of Inter Milan’s quality and your winning but we dug deep and we managed to hold on for three more points.

fxa1k2.png

Napoli: Reina, Hysaj, Tonelli, Maksimovic, Ghoulam, Zielinski, Hamsik, Diawara, Callejon, Gabbiadini, Insigne

AS Roma continued their impressive form with a 4-0 win away at Napoli. AS Roma took the lead after sixteen minutes, Mario Rui’s cross from the left found the unmarked El Shaarawy who scissor kicked the ball past Reina. Napoli were down to ten men after twenty eight minutes Mario Rui put Perotti through one on one and Maksimovic hacked him down from behind in the area, Up stepped El Shaarawy and he doubled the lead Reina guessed the right way but the penalty was right in the corner. Roma made it 3-0 four minutes into the second half a stunner by Strootman giving Reina no chance after Salah found him in space twenty five yards out curling a strike in off the post. AS Roma made if four after eighty seven minutes El Shaarawys shot was well saved by Reina but Salah was there to poke the ball past the helpless keeper.

FT: I think that we played our best game so far this season. We dominated from the first minute and we deserved to win. After they want down to ten men we did brilliantly to control the game and we kept the ball well and managed to secure the win. Strootman’s goal just after half time was important.

On Maksimovic’s challenge on Perotti
    FT: I think it was an awful tackle and it deserved a red card the player has apologised to Diego so for me it is finished these things happen.

2a7d3xi.png

AS Roma: Alisson, Florenzi, Manolas, Vermaelen, Mario Rui, Nainggolan, Paredes, Strootman, Perotti, Dzeko, El Shaarawy
    FC Basel: Vaclik, Lang, Balanta, Suchy, Traore, Steffan, Xhaka, Die, Bjarnason, Delgado, Doumbia

FC Basel came from behind to claim their first point of the group stage’s at the Stadio Olimpico. Roma took the lead after just four minutes Perotti’s back heel found Nainggolan he took a touch before firing into the top corner. Basel equalised six minutes into the second half great play by Lang found Delgado who fired in from the edge of the box off the bar. Roma almost took the lead with twenty minutes left Strootman’s free kick from the left was met by Fazio but Vaclik somehow managed to tip it over.

FT: I am disappointed we took an early lead and just switched off. In the group we won two tough away games but we let ourselves down at home. I think we missed Manolas when he went off because he organises the back line we will wait to see how serious his injury is, We have Rudiger who should be available before the end of the month were hoping he will be back against Empoli but we won’t rush him back.

auz3o9.png

AS Roma: Alisson, Florenzi, De Rossi, Vermaelen, Mario Rui, Nainggolan, Paredes, Strootman, Salah, Perotti, El Shaarawy
    Palermo: Posavec, Goldaniga, Rajkovic, Andelkovic, Rispoli, Hiljemark, Bruno Henrique, Gazzi, Embalo, Quaison, Nestorovski

AS Roma bounced back from their disappointing 1-1 draw with Basel by beating Palermo 2-0 at the Stadio Olimpico. Roma dominated the game but it wasn’t until the sixty first minute that they took the lead Paredes through ball set Salah away and he slotted the ball into the corner. Roma wrapped the game up with five minutes left catching Palermo out as they were trying to equalise Paredes ball over the top set substitute Dzeko away and he fired the ball low into the corner.

FT: I am delighted with how the team responded to the disappointment of the midweek draw. Today we dominated from the first minute and defended fantastically I think that we are in a great run of form despite the midweek result we have been playing some great stuff every team has a blip but its how you react that defines you and so far we have reacted brilliantly.

taipts.png

Sassuolo: Consigli, Lirola, Cannavaro, Letschert, Dell’Orco, Mazzitelli, Magnanelli, Sensi, Berardi, Matri, Defrel
    AS Roma: Alisson, Florenzi, Fazio, Vermaelen, Mario Rui, Nainggolan, Paredes, De Rossi, Perotti, Dzeko, El Shaarawy

It was a battle between first and second at the Mapei Stadium as Roma came up against second placed Sassuolo. It was Roma who walked away with the win thanks to Edin Dzeko’s penalty. The penalty came after some great play by Nainggolan his chipped ball over the top to El Shaarawy after he got the wrong side of Lirola who brought him down, Dzeko stepped up despite the fact he missed his last penalty and despite Consigli guessing the right way his penalty found the corner.

FT: I am over the moon this was a very tough game against a very inform team. I am happy for Edin because he has struggled for a lot of this season but recently he has started scoring goals and is getting more game time because of this. I think Edin is an example of a player who lost his place but listened worked hard in training and forced his way back in we have a team of great players and Edin has reacted the way I wanted him to to being dropped he showed great courage to take the penalty after he missed his last one so I’m proud of him.

11i2046.png

Empoli: Skorupski, Laurini, Barba, Cosic, Pasqual, Buchel, Mauri, Diousse, Saponara, Mchedlidze, Maccarone
    AS Roma: Alisson, Florenzi, De Rossi, Vermaelen, Jesus, Nainggolan, Paredes, De Rossi, Salah, Dzeko, El Shaarawy

AS Roma conceded a ninety fourth minute equaliser against Empoli despite only taking the lead three minutes earlier. Roma took the lead through young midfielder Gerson in the first minute of injury time El Shaarawy went past Laurini in the box before firing across a low cross which the youngster tapped in from close range. Empoli equalised just three minutes later Vermaelen switched off and allowed Tello to latch on to Marilungo’s through ball and the young midfielder slotted past Alisson.

FT: I am furious you can’t take the lead in the ninety first minute and not win the game. We switched off we didn’t deserve to win but we should have. Empoli played brilliantly they outplayed us and they deserved to win but we should have won that is what frustrates me. I think if we drew 0-0 I would have been disappointed but not furious to concede like that is embarrassing.

282nzhe.png

5phl53.png
  • Mufc_4_life
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Great league position
  • JoshDFC
    Great league position

going well at the minute think December will be my toughest month with games against Lazio AC and Juve lets see if we can keep this form up until then
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Unstoppable!! 14 matches... not a single defeat. Nice!

Even if you have some tough rivals ahead, a bad result wouldn't be a drama... and a victory would be decisive.

• ale85bg
    Thanks for defeating Inter... Much appreciated! :joy:
    And great results overall...
  • Wyojasond
    16449 posts World Class
    Just cruising right now B)
  • JoshDFC
    subpop wrote: »
    Unstoppable!! 14 matches... not a single defeat. Nice!

Even if you have some tough rivals ahead, a bad result wouldn't be a drama... and a victory would be decisive.

We have a nice gap but don't want to get ahead of myself
    Thanks for defeating Inter... Much appreciated! :joy:
    And great results overall...

some really solid performances especially happy with the Inter win Napoli was made easier when they went down to ten
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Just cruising right now B)

think theres more to come but couple of bad results could ruin are hard work
  • JoshDFC
    November Review

eu1rug.png

AS Roma: Alisson, Emerson, Manolas, Rudiger, Fazio, Mario Rui, Nainggolan, Paredes, Salah, Perotti, Gerson
    Arsenal: Cech, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Walcott, Elneny, Coquelin, Sanchez, Ozil, Giroud

Arsenal will need a miracle to stay in the Champions League after a 2-1 defeat against AS Roma. The result leaves Arsenal six points behind second placed Paris Saint-Germain and confirmed AS Roma’s qualification into the next round. AS Roma took the lead just four minutes in a wonder strike from Nainggolan giving Cech no chance after Salah found the midfielder in space twenty five yards out. Roma doubled their lead with twelve minutes left Perotti brilliantly turned Bellerin after some good work from Paredes and fired into the bottom corner. Some embarrassing defending allowed Arsenal a consolation with five minutes left after Cazorla walked past Rudiger and Fazio Alisson made a superb save but Koscielny was on hand to get a consolation.

FT: I am proud of the players we deserve to go through to the next round because we have been playing some excellent football. Radja has probably been one of the best players in this year’s competition we are lucky to have him and he scored what may be one of the best goals I have ever seen against a world class goalkeeper he deserves his plaudits for me he is one of the best midfielders in world football. I am proud to manage some a great player.

2u78wup.png

AS Roma: Alisson, Florenzi, Manolas, Vermaelen, Mario Rui, Nainggolan, De Rossi, Perotti, Salah, Dzeko, El Shaarawy
    Bologna: Mirante, Torosidis, Gastaldello Helander, Masina, Pulgar, Taidar, Nagy, Mounier, Floccari, Di Francesco

AS Roma’s lead at the top of Serie A has been cut to three points after a disappointing 0-0 draw at home to Bologna. The biggest chance of the game fell to the away team who dominated large parts of the game. The chance came in the sixtieth minute Floccari played winger Mounier through on goal his initial shot was saved the ball fell to Di Francesco but Alisson somehow managed to keep his effort out as well as the Brazilian stopped excelled to get his team a point.

FT: It is a disappointing result because we have been in some good form and at home you expect to win most games. We got lucky today Alisson had a brilliant game without him I think we would have lost I have a lot of faith in him he is a fantastic goalkeeper we are lucky to have him at this club and I think he has proven in his first year that he can become one of the best keepers in Serie A if he isn’t already.

2552p87.png

FC Basel: Vaclik, Lang, Balanta, Suchy, Traore, Steffen, Xhaka, Die, Bjarnason, Delgado, Doumbia
    AS Roma: Szczesny, Peres, Rudiger, Jesus, Emerson, Nainggolan, Paredes, De Rossi, Iturbe, Dzeko, Gerson

AS Roma will need to beat Paris Saint-Germain in their final group game to win their group after a late Marek Suchy goal earned FC Basel a point. Edin Dzeko had the chance to give Roma the lead after sixty three minutes but saw his penalty hit the inside of the post before bouncing out after Michael Lang brought the Bosnian down inside the area. Dzeko did give Roma the lead with seven minutes left Iturbe’s shot from a tight angle was saved by Vaclik but he pushed the ball to the Bosnian who couldn’t miss from three yards out. FC Basel snatched a point in injury time some poor defending from Fazio allowed Delgado wrong side of him his shot was well saved by Szczesny but Suchy was there to head into an empty net.

FT: I am gutted we lost two points right at the end and made things more difficult for ourselves. We want to win the group so we go into the final group with fate still in our hands but it will be difficult we have nothing to lose we are guaranteed second place so we must go for it we know that in the Champions League there are no easy games but finishing top buts you in a stronger position and gives you more belief heading into the knockout stage we haven’t given up yet.

10ie4ue.png

Pescara: Bizzarri, Zampano, Gyomber, Campagnaro, Biraghi, Memushaj, Cristante, Aquilani, Pepe, Caprari, Bahebeck

Francesco Totti was full of praise for Pescara after his sides 3-1 win over the struggling side. Pescara almost took the lead on the twenty ninety minute Florenzi played Bahebeck on side but his shot came back off the post. He would be punished for that miss six minutes later when Salah found Perotti just outside the box he beat Gyomber before firing into the bottom right corner. It was 2-0 just before half time Salah cut in from the right before playing Nainggolan through and the Belgian cooly slotted the ball under the onrushing Bizzarri. Pescara pulled one back just after half time Caprari’s cut back found Aquilani who saw his original shot saved but the ball bounced up kindly for the former Roma man to get his side back in the game. Roma wrapped the game up with ten minutes left El Shaarawy found Perotti twelve yards out his shot came back off the post and hit the keeper but Salah reacted first to tap in from close range.

FT: I think that today was a fantastic game. Pescara played some brilliant football and created a lot of chances they didn’t deserve to lose 3-1 and I think if they continue to play like this they should be able to stay up. I am happy with my team though because we took our chances well to get the win we made things difficult for ourselves at times but Alisson made some key saves at 2-1 but tat is why we have him we trust him and today he helped us to win.

2lbg66s.png

Atalanta: Berisha, Zukanovic, Masiello, Caldara, Conti, Grassi, Migliaccio, Gomez, D’Alessandro, Petagna, Drame
    AS Roma: Alisson, Florenzi, Manolas, Rudiger, Mario Rui, Nainggolan, Paredes, De Rossi, Salah, Dzeko, Iturbe

Ten men AS Roma held on for a draw in a boring 0-0 draw away at Atalanta. The best opportunity of the game although not a great chance fell to Salah just inside the box but his shot was pushed round the post. AS Roma went down to ten men after sixty three minutes Mario Rui was furious after not being awarded a free kick for a challenge from Masiello and lashed out at D’Alessandro from behind.

FT: I think today was a very boring game. Atalanta sat back and we found it difficult to find a way through. The important thing right now is that we are top of the league and still unbeaten heading into three very difficult games. We mustn’t dwell on this performance obviously we will miss Mario Rui because he has been in great form this season but we are a team and we have quality in depth.

On Mario Ruis challenge he said

FT: It was stupid from him but everyone makes mistakes he has apologised to his team mates and he will miss the next three games which gives other players the chance to come in and take his spot. He knows he let the team down and is devastated to be missing for arguably are three biggest games this season.

On Salah’s injury

FT: I think he will definitely miss the game with Lazio. The game with AC Milan might also be a bit to soon for him but he will be ready for Juventus he has a sprained knee so we won’t be sure until nearer the time but I have been told three weeks.

ejwys4.png

14kjxg7.png
  • ale85bg
    Oh, bad to let Basel equalize so late in th stoppage time. Hopefully it hasn't been the typical FIFA stoppage time goal where you feel powerless...
    Still rocking in the league despite the results not being perfect, but... What a Sassuolo!
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah... the draw vs Basel hurts. You still have a chance though. In the league you remain unbeaten, but even though Sassuolo seem to be in a surprising great form, Juve should be the main threat and they cut points. I hope you can find your best form again.
  • JoshDFC
    Oh, bad to let Basel equalize so late in th stoppage time. Hopefully it hasn't been the typical FIFA stoppage time goal where you feel powerless...
    Still rocking in the league despite the results not being perfect, but... What a Sassuolo!

Keeper pushed it straight to Suchy unmarked :/ still would have taken 2nd at the start and still have a chance of winning the group.
    subpop wrote: »
    Yeah... the draw vs Basel hurts. You still have a chance though. In the league you remain unbeaten, but even though Sassuolo seem to be in a surprising great form, Juve should be the main threat and they cut points. I hope you can find your best form again.

Will need to find my form heading into the next four games Lazio, AC Milan, PSG and Juventus still unbeaten but this is a big month for our season