a 2 goal lead is a dangerous thing

aladdin
707 posts An Exciting Prospect
i can't tell you how many times i've gone 2 up only to lose 3-2. it's almost like your opponent gets some sort of boost to help them or something. it's not every time but it happens a lot. it's somewhat infuriating. does it happen to anyone else?!

Comments

• yiddo13
    1286 posts Professional
    aladdin wrote: »
    i can't tell you how many times i've gone 2 up only to lose 3-2. it's almost like your opponent gets some sort of boost to help them or something. it's not every time but it happens a lot. it's somewhat infuriating. does it happen to anyone else?!

I sometimes find a slight momentum shift but don't generally give up 2 goal leads. If you feel it shifting try making a sub, changing formation, may help
  • Chavez
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    it is even called out in the commentary! ;)
    But yes, for some reason, immideatly after scoring the 2-0, all of a sudden it looks like you are more vulnerable in defense then before.
  • FoWNK
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    All the damn time! But I don't think of it as another boost to opponent. I have this bad habit of taking the foot off the pedal and lose my rhythm. It's my way of showing mercy. This cost me Elite 2 (two weeks ago) on WL. I was up 3 nil and ended up losing to an own goal in the 90th min :s
  • Azablucky
    4105 posts National Call-Up
    FoWNK wrote: »
    All the damn time! But I don't think of it as another boost to opponent. I have this bad habit of taking the foot off the pedal and lose my rhythm. It's my way of showing mercy. This cost me Elite 2 (two weeks ago) on WL. I was up 3 nil and ended up losing to an own goal in the 90th min :s

I did this when playing my friend. I was 4-0 up in 34 minutes and he really isn't bad either. He had bought a new team and wanted to try it out so I felt really bad. Let him score but also missed a few chances I would usually score just to let him feel better about closing the scoreline.

Then when he got back to 4-2, I couldn't get back to how I was at the start of the game. Definitely not showing signs of mercy this WL :lol:
  • Mackie17
    4908 posts Big Money Move
    Hate it when it happens, you know if you get that third they will likely give up, or push forward to much.

Never get comfortable lol
  • you know something is wrong with the game when you're 2-0, 2-1, miss a 90th minute sitter cause you're striker decided to miss the entire wide open goal without a goalie for no reason just to concede 2 goals in stoppage time, then you score for 3-3 and after that your opponent gets a free penalty cause why not and you lose 4-3. yea. 4 goals in 3 minutes of stoppage time. i just hate the feeling you get with this game, you just know that you're gonna lose the game no matter what happens.
  • aladdin
    there are certain games that feel like you will lose no matter what. it sucks
  • Jorrd
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    you know something is wrong with the game when you're 2-0, 2-1, miss a 90th minute sitter cause you're striker decided to miss the entire wide open goal without a goalie for no reason just to concede 2 goals in stoppage time, then you score for 3-3 and after that your opponent gets a free penalty cause why not and you lose 4-3. yea. 4 goals in 3 minutes of stoppage time. i just hate the feeling you get with this game, you just know that you're gonna lose the game no matter what happens.

Don't go outside they're waiting for you. Also after 11 you shouldn't take off your tinfoil hat, they work nights now too!
  • denis1211991
    79 posts Park Captain
    Jorrd wrote: »
    you know something is wrong with the game when you're 2-0, 2-1, miss a 90th minute sitter cause you're striker decided to miss the entire wide open goal without a goalie for no reason just to concede 2 goals in stoppage time, then you score for 3-3 and after that your opponent gets a free penalty cause why not and you lose 4-3. yea. 4 goals in 3 minutes of stoppage time. i just hate the feeling you get with this game, you just know that you're gonna lose the game no matter what happens.

Don't go outside they're waiting for you. Also after 11 you shouldn't take off your tinfoil hat, they work nights now too!

you're probably the only one who has never experienced the "what can't be spoken of" and you just jumped on the first chance to write a cool a$$ comment. congrats you must feel special now.
  • GhostHN
    509 posts Sunday League Hero
    when Im in a 2 goals lead i change to the narrow 4231 formation and stop worrying :)
  • Recoba10
    1114 posts Professional
    GhostHN wrote: »
    when Im in a 2 goals lead i change to the narrow 4231 formation and stop worrying :)

I do the same
  • aladdin
    i'll give that a go next time me thinks. cheers guys