1390 posts Professional
The ability to do PTB and Ultra D etc.

Comments

• krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    As much as I hate it, no cause it's part of football
  • Absting159
    6697 posts Moderator
    What part of chemistry cards are part of football?
  • Shaqiri
    1390 posts Professional
    krakos000 wrote: »

So are handballs but those aren't online, for good reason obviously.

• Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Absting159 wrote: »
    What part of chemistry cards are part of football?
    This. They should, the game is supposed to be competitive and fun.
  • Pass backs are not a part of football so why are they part of fifa?
  • Having your whole team stand still watching a replay while the cloak is running down, that part of football too?

Celebrations maybe but not the dam replays!
  • Absting159
    6697 posts Moderator
    Honestly to say that FIFA is realistic is a joke. It's as close as you can get with a game. There is way too much physics and algebra involved in players colliding and balls b ouncing that it's just not possible for ta game to recreate it seamlessly.

Its good, but its not "real" in any way shape or form. Sadly, its become more of an arcade game than a simulator in the past few years. The fact that Division 8 is ridiculously competitive now is evidence of that.
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Shaqiri wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »

So are handballs but those aren't online, for good reason obviously.

Handballs aren't a tactic though. Ultra d and ptb are legit tactics teams in real life use. If you want to play like that than why shouldn't you be able to? Just pass around and they'll eventually come out and make a mistake. If not then it'll end a draw lol it sucks but whatever
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11279 posts Has That Special Something
    People who try to play fut off as realistic make me laugh. Get rid of it
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    The counter attack setting is worse.
  • ChrisLFC
    7035 posts Big Money Move
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    The counter attack setting is worse.

• Absting159
    6697 posts Moderator
    People who try to play fut off as realistic make me laugh. Get rid of it

It is what it is. A game. If you want a simulator go play Football Manager.

Game mechanics will NEVER be a recreation of real life. . .its impossible for a person behind a desk to imagine all possible outcomes of every single scenario that can occur throughout a game.

That's why we have stupid AI, nonsense deflections, pacey players who run like slugs. . .who knows. It is what it is. Lol.
  • Heppers
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    Don't take it out, even if it's the most stupid thing of all time as it's realistic. But, EA HAVE to make auto-defending less effective
  • Absting159
    6697 posts Moderator
    So judging from our gripes. . . it seems Frostbite was NOT the answer. . .lol.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Heppers wrote: »
    Don't take it out, even if it's the most stupid thing of all time as it's realistic. But, EA HAVE to make auto-defending less effective
    How are chemistry styles and attribute cards realistic? Fut is the least realistic game of all time lol it's less realistic than me regenerating health in cod
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    PTB needs tweaking.

It needs the striker to drop far deeper, make it extremely hard to get out of your half with it. It should be just for ultimate hanging on for a draw times.

There shouldn't really that super long ball to 99 pace striker option on ALL of the time tbh.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    PTB and counter attacking should be nerfed. Part of the reason why PTB is so effective is that counter attacking is way too easy.
  • Should never have been in the game in the first place.
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    I think they should at least limit how long you can use it, not using it the whole game like some people
  • Hoosierdaddy76
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    Should never have been in the game in the first place.

When it was introduced, we were promised it was for offline modes only. Jukez can confirm this.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Even just using counter attack puts the dline way deep
  • FatZeddd
    524 posts Sunday League Hero
    They need to balance it all! if people want to play defensive or park the bus to an extent fine but it shouldn't be as effective. It is well overdone, the fact that people can just sit defenders in the actual fkn box and not control them is a joke
  • Heppers
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    Painter753 wrote: »
    How are chemistry styles and attribute cards realistic? Fut is the least realistic game of all time lol it's less realistic than me regenerating health in cod

Where in my post does it mention Chemistry styles and attribute cards being realistic? I just said PTB is realistic. Watch teams like Burnley, San Marino, Sunderland and they PTB
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Painter753 wrote: »

Where in my post does it mention Chemistry styles and attribute cards being realistic? I just said PTB is realistic. Watch teams like Burnley, San Marino, Sunderland and they PTB
    It doesn't I'm just saying just because it is realistic doesn't warrant it being in the game.
  • RadioShaq
    14900 posts Moderator
    Maybe if they added a shot clock that could make the defense want to come out and pressure to cause a turnover.
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah I know in real life certain players are better during Halloween.
  • Paciga45
    3546 posts National Call-Up
    It's not PTB, it's the ability to be effective with a counter from PTB that is the issue
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Paciga45 wrote: »
    It's not PTB, it's the ability to be effective with a counter from PTB that is the issue

This and the fact that your opponent can put the controller down and let the team defend and be more effective than if he were manually defending. All you really need the controller for, is to lob through ball to the striker who somehow gets up the field immediately.
  • FatZeddd
    524 posts Sunday League Hero
    Paciga45 wrote: »

This, i have paid attention a few times and from the typical corner counter (you know where it goes direct to their man to break) even on defensive i can get caught with only one back, can be hard enough even with 2 sometimes. If it is one of the games your AI doesn't want to perform good luck!
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2016
    It requires a ridiculous amount of effort for teams to ptb effectively, it's genuinely impressive how coordinated the defense is when it works. However more often then not they have major lapses and still lose, not only because they let in the goal, but because they hardly get a fraction of the chances that teams in FUT get. In FUT the defensive lapses really don't happen once you get 25 yards from the goal, you're putting most of if not all of your eggs into the long shot basket.