Is this the worst FIFA for build up yet?

Runefang
6045 posts Big Money Move
It's so hard to break down a PTB defense and score a decent goal in the box if you try and take your time with it. Better off just taking a random long shot if their defense is set, conceding possession and trying to hit on the counter again.

Comments

• dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ya a large amount of my goals come from counter attacks or long shots. The best way to defend this year is to just control a mid and chase the ball around and cut off passing lanes, leaving your CBs to maintain their shape and auto block shots all day.
  • JHiL
    905 posts Semi-Pro
    I play 4231 and I have no problem versus PTB. With 41212(2) I have the feeling I lack width and have issues versus the wall of defenders.
  • SH999
    737 posts Semi-Pro
    Ya a large amount of my goals come from counter attacks or long shots. The best way to defend this year is to just control a mid and chase the ball around and cut off passing lanes, leaving your CBs to maintain their shape and auto block shots all day.

Every opponent I come up against plays this way and IMO, it takes all enjoyment out of the game. I guess it's my own fault for playing a game designed for 11 year old kids.
  • dopetothemax
    SH999 wrote: »

Every opponent I come up against plays this way and IMO, it takes all enjoyment out of the game. I guess it's my own fault for playing a game designed for 11 year old kids.

I agree, but how else do you expect them to defend? Switching to a CB and pulling them out of position is asking for a through ball through the gap. That leaves controlling a mid and attempting to either cut off a passing lane or make the tackle. It irritates me when my opponent is just sprinting around with kante all game too, but I can't blame them, it's the way the game was designed.
  • SH999
    737 posts Semi-Pro
    @dopetothemax, my bad. I should have been more clear. It's only this tactic, combined with high pressure and counter, with Musa/Rashford up top which really bothers me. Nothing wrong with using
    Mids to defend, in general.
  • RadioShaq
    14900 posts Moderator
    Its probably the easiest for build up and holding possession. When passing and possession was bad in 16 everyone was able to push the defense up. Now defense struggles and nobody leave 3 atb most set fullbacks and cdms to stay back so its 5 on defense vs 3 attackers.
  • dopetothemax
    @SH999 Ahhh, no worries bud, appreciate the clarification. I agree wholeheartedly.