OT. Jumpers for Goal posts

Pogback
309 posts Sunday League Hero
Right i am showing my age 36 with wife and 2 children both (lads) 16 and 10 from manchester, when we was a kids all we did was play outside, jumpers down for posts and have a game of finals, wembely, red arse, last goal wins, rain or sunshine we was out all day, do the kids these days even go out or just sit and play fifa, both my lads play football for there local teams but there free time they are on the Xbox. Who else played wembely and finals my child heros was whiteside, my dad took me tp the fa cup final 85 when he got the winner against everton, Hughes and Robson was also my heroes would love to here some of your experience's and what rules you made up

Comments

• Deano2508
    2492 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pogback wrote: »
    Right i am showing my age 36 with wife and 2 children both (lads) 16 and 10 from manchester, when we was a kids all we did was play outside, jumpers down for posts and have a game of finals, wembely, red arse, last goal wins, rain or sunshine we was out all day, do the kids these days even go out or just sit and play fifa, both my lads play football for there local teams but there free time they are on the Xbox. Who else played wembely and finals my child heros was whiteside, my dad took me tp the fa cup final 85 when he got the winner against everton, Hughes and Robson was also my heroes would love to here some of your experience's and what rules you made up

Yes! Would play Wembley or a huge game for like 3 hours and feel zero fatigue the next day. 33 btw
  • [Z]one[ONE]
    1400 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2016
    Looking for something to blame?

Here it is:

05193.jpg
  • SF9
    8371 posts League Winner
    I'm only 21 & done the same. I'm not sure what age you stopped seeing children out in the street playing football, maybe only in the last 5 years imo everyone stays inside now.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    What's Wembley? When I was a kid I'd be out from 9 in the morning till 6 at night playing football on the holidays and at weekends
  • SaifR
    12842 posts Has That Special Something
    SF9 wrote: »
    I'm only 21 & done the same. I'm not sure what age you stopped seeing children out in the street playing football, maybe only in the last 5 years imo everyone stays inside now.

• Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    What's Wembley? When I was a kid I'd be out from 9 in the morning till 6 at night playing football on the holidays and at weekends

Wembley is knockout I believe
  • Pogback

1 Goal Keeper and the rest everyone out, 1 goal and your through to next round and so on, also played heads and volleys.
  • Pogback

Here it is:

05193.jpg

Sad isnt it matey
  • NornIron
    11473 posts Has That Special Something
    In them days every Man Utd supporter was decent in nets because of Schmeichel. Home from school and u had about half an hour to get something to eat then playing football until it got dark.
  • Garycelta923
    6019 posts Big Money Move

Here it is:

05193.jpg

Lol more mobile phones and consoles, kids have it all too good these days, all we had was the 10 minute freeview and channel 5 :#

On topic heads and volleys or the more lenient version wides and catches, good times, my stamina was insane back then, remember nailing level 19 on the bleep test, the highest in my year,
  • Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    32 now but I would spend my childhood outside from about 8am until my mum shouted me home, only ever went home for food.
    Even when I got home from school I was straight outside.
    Could have been raining the whole day and everyone was outside.
    We called Wembley singlies