Key attributes for fast tiki-taka

ScarUK
755 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited December 2016
Am I right in thinking agility, reactions and vision are key "side-stats" for tiki-taka alongside passing and ball control

Comments

• murderMAX
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ability to tap pass button really fast. tiki taka is just as bs tactic as ptb imo. its really infuriating to play against players who just abuse the pass button.
  • Svirv
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes, you are right.
  • ScarUK
    murderMAX wrote: »
    ability to tap pass button really fast. tiki taka is just as bs tactic as ptb imo. its really infuriating to play against players who just abuse the pass button.

I agree but got to the stage where if you can't beat them join them for me now due to the sluggishness of the engine
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Kante
  • murderMAX
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ScarUK wrote: »
    murderMAX wrote: »

I agree but got to the stage where if you can't beat them join them for me now due to the sluggishness of the engine

yeah i get that. i play with manual controls so cant really join them. not that good at aiming. but at times i just go ptb on them. if the game is even little slow or sluggish there is no point trying to chase the ball.
  • nope123
    1369 posts Professional
    Strength.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Jokes aside define tiki taka, if you retain possession in your own half that's even worse or more dangerous. You basically invite Musa & Sturridge to press your CBs taking off the option to pass to your CBs if you can't find an open lane. To play tiki taka you have to play counter attack till the final third, and there to find an opening using your passing play, if u're about to lose the ball u pass it to ur CB to free your midfield to start again looking for an opening in the final third.

If u play tiki taka between CB-CDM that's suicide and basically eases the game for your opponent as he doesn't have to defend just wait till u get to his midfield line and take ball with Walker/Kante.

What works on Fifa isn't Barcelona tiki taka, but more like Borussia Dortmund from 2013 passing play
  • ScarUK
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    Jokes aside define tiki taka, if you retain possession in your own half that's even worse or more dangerous. You basically invite Musa & Sturridge to press your CBs taking off the option to pass to your CBs if you can't find an open lane. To play tiki taka you have to play counter attack till the final third, and there to find an opening using your passing play, if u're about to lose the ball u pass it to ur CB to free your midfield to start again looking for an opening in the final third.

If u play tiki taka between CB-CDM that's suicide and basically eases the game for your opponent as he doesn't have to defend just wait till u get to his midfield line and take ball with Walker/Kante.

What works on Fifa isn't Barcelona tiki taka, but more like Borussia Dortmund from 2013 passing play

I play an aggressive 5212 and usually get the ball up to halfway as quickly as possible before starting to play my passing game - like you said trying to do it around your backline is asking for trouble.

Which of these teams looks like the better option btw, only difference is CBs and STs...

a) http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/3013429/
    b) http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/3013699/