Qualified - Recap!

NickoSkyhoej
1285 posts Professional
So i've decided to change a lot, one of the things being my formation.

I've been running with 4-1-2-1-2(2) for a long time, but i was starting to struggle defensively, it's probably a mixture of people figuring out that formation, and me not being the absolute best at defending.

So i switched to 4-2-3-1(2) - with great succes, offensively i feel it's a little less impressive, but defensively it's superb, and also excellent at keeping possession if needed.

Although the offensive "issue" could be my striker or my setup, who knows.

3d73facff1cf571f2783d9b96bdf27f5.png

Incredibly enough, this guy was the true star of the show.

c39c18939f43cf2927ce41df12b2d989.png

Going through with a goalscore of 12-1. And yes it doesn't seem "bad" offensively, but that's only due to me winning the final 6-0.

What do you run with in the 4-2-3-1 (2)? Do share your teams, and tell if the striker might need some more pace?

Cheers.

Comments

• Danz80
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    I use SBC Jonas he's awesome for me..
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Danz80 wrote: »
    I use SBC Jonas he's awesome for me..

So pace isn't needed, and it's not because IF Gignac is bad in any ways, his hold up play and strength is amazing.

It could be the players around him, i'm not sure.
  • Danz80
    no pace isn't needed..I play IF Firmino are Cam and him and Jonas just seem to click really well..they kind of interchange really well..I think a more complete rounded st is best here and not pace but I guess it's how you play..maybe try a H/m and see if you see any improvement..
  • Danz80
    no pace isn't needed..I play IF Firmino are Cam and him and Jonas just seem to click really well..they kind of interchange really well..I think a more complete rounded st is best here and not pace but I guess it's how you play..maybe try a H/m and see if you see any improvement..

11 in 5 is pretty impressive though!

Nice team..I have IF Kante too he's an animal..how's Gonalons?
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional

He is very good, there was just one game where a guy had me on a lockdown, the one that i ended up winning 2-1 in extra time. Although he didn't create any chances, he happened to score on an insane longshot.

IF Kante is amazing, and IF Gonalons compliments him very well, as Kante can be used for going forward at times, whilst Gonalons is great at staying a little further back, intercepting/winning duels, then to distribute the ball forward.
  • Danz80

He is very good, there was just one game where a guy had me on a lockdown, the one that i ended up winning 2-1 in extra time. Although he didn't create any chances, he happened to score on an insane longshot.

IF Kante is amazing, and IF Gonalons compliments him very well, as Kante can be used for going forward at times, whilst Gonalons is great at staying a little further back, intercepting/winning duels, then to distribute the ball forward.

Yeah It works similar with Fernandinho for me Kante gets a lot of goals/assists..

I'm waiting to see if Costa wins the Potm then build a team around him I think..
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional

Yeah It works similar with Fernandinho for me Kante gets a lot of goals/assists..

I'm waiting to see if Costa wins the Potm then build a team around him I think..

I had SIF Costa/SBC Costa in mind as well, then just getting IF Pedro for the chem.
  • Danz80
    Try Willian mate he's brilliant
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional

He's about the same price tag as IF Pedro and IF Moses is even cheaper, does he beat the both of them?

He does seem good, and H/H might be good for 4-2-3-1(2)
  • Danz80

He's about the same price tag as IF Pedro and IF Moses is even cheaper, does he beat the both of them?

I wouldnt swap him..it's exactly that he helps back he's up and down,acts like a wing back but he gets in the goals/assists too..
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional

I wouldnt swap him..it's exactly that he helps back he's up and down,acts like a wing back but he gets in the goals/assists too..

I'll give him a try, his playmaker trait could come in handy as well.

Who do you play on the left?
  • Danz80

Yeah tried him as I needed Brazil for Jonas but he just works..

Jonas
    IF Firmino
    Scream Costa
    Willian
    Fernandinho
    IF Kante
    Fabio
    Smalling
    Kosicelny
    IF Coleman(Sagna this coming WL)

• NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional

Jonas
    IF Firmino
    Scream Costa
    Willian
    Fernandinho
    IF Kante
    Fabio
    Smalling
    Kosicelny

Great team, i'm using Sagna as well and i wouldn't replace him, beats Walker imo.

I've got Martial for my LM, he will do the job.
  • RioIMBA
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good at possession means play lots of passes? Yea it is really hard this year to do lots of short passes.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    RioIMBA wrote: »
    Good at possession means play lots of passes? Yea it is really hard this year to do lots of short passes.

Yeah it's good at playing the ball around in the midfield, there's pretty much always someone available to pick it up, which means i won't lose possession in a stupid place as i used to.
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    @NickoSkyhoej mind sharing any custom tactics or player instructions ?
  • Danz80

Yeah it's good at playing the ball around in the midfield, there's pretty much always someone available to pick it up, which means i won't lose possession in a stupid place as i used to.

Jonas
    IF Firmino
    Scream Costa
    Willian
    Fernandinho
    IF Kante
    Fabio
    Smalling
    Kosicelny

Great team, i'm using Sagna as well and i wouldn't replace him, beats Walker imo.

Cheers..yeah Sagna was my original rb but upgraded to Coleman..slightly better but not massively..Sagna is solid I'm not a fan of walker tried his IF immediately sold him after about 5 games.. possession is great I have around 65% a lot of games..
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Fekir is brilliant
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    edited December 2016
    MisterJV wrote: »
    @NickoSkyhoej mind sharing any custom tactics or player instructions ?

@MisterJV Sure
    d9fe20879db069194f377bad48c0d634.png

Sorry for the Danish :smile:

Fullbacks: Stay back while Attacking, Conservative Interceptions

CDM's: Man Mark, Stay back while Attacking, Conservative Interceptions

Wings: Default

CAM: Stay Forward, rest default.

ST: Get in Behind, Press Back Line, rest default.
  • Danz80
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    Fekir is brilliant

I hate coming up against this dude :s
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Fekir is brilliant

Yeah he is great, his strength seems to be great at getting him past players.

Jonas
    IF Firmino
    Scream Costa
    Willian
    Fernandinho
    IF Kante
    Fabio
    Smalling
    Kosicelny

Cheers..yeah Sagna was my original rb but upgraded to Coleman..slightly better but not massively..Sagna is solid I'm not a fan of walker tried his IF immediately sold him after about 5 games.. possession is great I have around 65% a lot of games..

I'm at about 57-65% possession as well.

Do you have any prefered LB, just curious?

• Danz80
    Fekir is brilliant

Jonas
    IF Firmino
    Scream Costa
    Willian
    Fernandinho
    IF Kante
    Fabio
    Smalling
    Kosicelny

As u can see I use Fabio in this team my original plan was to sub in Sandro but honestly I never needed to he's never let me down in over 80 games lol..that's in WL and Division 3/4..I think people see he's a silver and target him but he completely holds his own..Sandro is great though I like H/H on at least one if not both fullbacks.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Fekir is brilliant

Jonas
    IF Firmino
    Scream Costa
    Willian
    Fernandinho
    IF Kante
    Fabio
    Smalling
    Kosicelny

As u can see I use Fabio in this team my original plan was to sub in Sandro but honestly I never needed to he's never let me down in over 80 games lol..that's in WL and Division 3/4..I think people see he's a silver and target him but he completely holds his own..Sandro is great though I like H/H on at least one if not both fullbacks.

I see, well he reminds much of Tremoulinas, actually they're very similar, even in height.

I'll stick with him for now, got Clichy on the bench as well.

And i do like Sandro as well, although like you, i haven't had any issues with Tremou so there's no need for much change.
  • no matuidi and griezmann?
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    John Knows wrote: »
    no matuidi and griezmann?

I'm not a fan of H/H CDM's, Griezmann never really clicked for me either, although never tried him in 4-2-3-1(2)
  • Danz80

I'm not a fan of H/H CDM's, Griezmann never really clicked for me either, although never tried him in 4-2-3-1(2)

I've tried H/H too I find two M/H gives me a bit more Shape but maybe that's just me.. also I like agile CDM's in there decent on the ball..
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional

I've tried H/H too I find two M/H gives me a bit more Shape but maybe that's just me.. also I like agile CDM's in there decent on the ball..

That's exactly the same with me, as in ability on the ball IF Gonalons is the lowest i can go, else they're way to sluggish for me.