The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Draft record compared to seasons/wl?

CFC Jacob
586 posts An Exciting Prospect
I'm in div 3 and have won every division I've played in, I know it's relatively easy up until this point holding roughly a 3-1-1 record every 5 games. I much prefer playing friends, it's less stressful :lol:

However draft is a completely different story, my record is 6-8 and I'm yet to get out of the second round. I don't know what it is, is it purely the quality of players is much higher? I don't feel like I'm playing anyone better than I usually come up against but I just can't seem to string together the wins.

Anyone else found something similar?

Comments

  • Sercs
    18723 posts World Class
    edited December 2016
    think its like 130-150 wins to 15-20 losses (can confirm properly when I am on later, but I basically win fairly consistently), a lot of those losses are pens or D/C's though. Last night I had an absolute stinker, all the chances I could want yet I lost on pens.. I also went out in the first round which literally never happens to me :joy:, most of the time I do the full 4 in a row

    Made me some really good profit draft this year, use all my FP on them for the packs. Spent 12k and made approx 1.5m which i traded into 2.2ish with average pack pulls (nothing above 50k).. best pack this year has been Reus from a SBC

    It depends, the consistency and having to win is something some people dont like about draft. Its effectively trying to win a cup every time all the time whereas Divisions you can slip up but still continue the push for promotion.

    Best advice I can give is pick your favourite formation when you can, ALWAYS pick Ronaldo (even if he doesnt fit, always sub him on). If you cant pick your favourite formation, pick something solid like a 4231 variant and stay away from 3ATB (some pick it, it can go really well but if you play somebody decent they will be able to get at you easily)

    Way I see it is, the formation you pick you need to pick your style to suit it so.. I play Counter (most of the time) so formations accordingly. I can also play high pressure, and possession styles, just again depends on what the game needs.

    Key also is to pick squad balance and always go for chemistry. I find La Liga the best league and then the prem as both of those your not relying on the absolute best to come out for each position for the team to be solid, there are lots of options.

    Whereas if you go Ligue 1 (no idea why you would) your very limited in each position

    Seasons I am yet to play more then 2 matches in.. been playing draft :joy:
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26250 posts Player of the Year
    My draft record is awful, but my WL record is miles better than my seasons record.
  • BenzP7
    8294 posts League Winner
    I am not sure about draft as I barely play draft but in my PS4 Divison, I won 18 titles out of 21 seasons since there is barely any lags.

    In WL where I suffer from input lag pretty much every game, I barely average 30 wins.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    Think my record is something like 9-7. Never made it to a draft final in all of FIFA.

    Have come close, the last game where I lost 3-2 with 20 shots ON TARGET v his 5 was the last straw for me.
  • Overevil
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite
    ****_Benz wrote: »
    I am not sure about draft as I barely play draft but in my PS4 Divison, I won 18 titles out of 21 seasons since there is barely any lags.

    In WL where I suffer from input lag pretty much every game, I barely average 30 wins.

    @****_Benz. Are you still running 433(4)?
  • BenzP7
    8294 posts League Winner
    Overevil wrote: »
    ****_Benz wrote: »
    I am not sure about draft as I barely play draft but in my PS4 Divison, I won 18 titles out of 21 seasons since there is barely any lags.

    In WL where I suffer from input lag pretty much every game, I barely average 30 wins.

    @****_Benz. Are you still running 433(4)?

    4231-2
  • DobbyDooDah
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    I get slapped by scrubs in divisions but can hit 30 in the WL. I get to the Semis minimum on Draft and have won it a few times out of about 12 gos.
  • Muzza11
    9010 posts League Winner
    I have 120 wins and 18 losses on draft mode, I enjoy it more than seasons lol
  • BrentfordFC
    12887 posts Has That Special Something
    13-4 I think. Won once.
  • CFC Jacob
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sercs wrote: »
    think its like 130-150 wins to 15-20 losses (can confirm properly when I am on later, but I basically win fairly consistently), a lot of those losses are pens or D/C's though. Last night I had an absolute stinker, all the chances I could want yet I lost on pens.. I also went out in the first round which literally never happens to me :joy:, most of the time I do the full 4 in a row

    Made me some really good profit draft this year, use all my FP on them for the packs. Spent 12k and made approx 1.5m which i traded into 2.2ish with average pack pulls (nothing above 50k).. best pack this year has been Reus from a SBC

    It depends, the consistency and having to win is something some people dont like about draft. Its effectively trying to win a cup every time all the time whereas Divisions you can slip up but still continue the push for promotion.

    Best advice I can give is pick your favourite formation when you can, ALWAYS pick Ronaldo (even if he doesnt fit, always sub him on). If you cant pick your favourite formation, pick something solid like a 4231 variant and stay away from 3ATB (some pick it, it can go really well but if you play somebody decent they will be able to get at you easily)

    Way I see it is, the formation you pick you need to pick your style to suit it so.. I play Counter (most of the time) so formations accordingly. I can also play high pressure, and possession styles, just again depends on what the game needs.

    Key also is to pick squad balance and always go for chemistry. I find La Liga the best league and then the prem as both of those your not relying on the absolute best to come out for each position for the team to be solid, there are lots of options.

    Whereas if you go Ligue 1 (no idea why you would) your very limited in each position

    Seasons I am yet to play more then 2 matches in.. been playing draft :joy:

    Thank you, I do try and do everything you say but I feel I probably don't change my style up when I can't get the formation/players I want which is probably not helping. I'll take it all on board and have another crack later.

    Determined to win at least one this year!
  • CFC Jacob
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My draft record is awful, but my WL record is miles better than my seasons record.

    Very odd, you must really go for it at the weekend!
    Think my record is something like 9-7. Never made it to a draft final in all of FIFA.

    Have come close, the last game where I lost 3-2 with 20 shots ON TARGET v his 5 was the last straw for me.

    Sounds familiar, also sounds like we both need to work on our finishing :joy: that's the trouble with draft, one bad game and it's over.
  • CFC Jacob
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    I have 120 wins and 18 losses on draft mode, I enjoy it more than seasons lol

    Gameplay wise or just the variety it brings? Just not sure if I should have a different play style for draft.
  • Muzza11
    9010 posts League Winner
    CFC Jacob wrote: »
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    I have 120 wins and 18 losses on draft mode, I enjoy it more than seasons lol

    Gameplay wise or just the variety it brings? Just not sure if I should have a different play style for draft.

    Just enjoyable to use different players tbh, I did win 25 drafts in a row and got rubbish packs lol
  • ORANGEeffect05
    22682 posts Club Captain
    3:1 in draft and probably close behind in seasons
  • shiaan
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ive played 105 drafts ,won all rounds on 73 of those drafts, still no walkout
  • Muzza11
    9010 posts League Winner
    futdraft_zpspk6fpb7b.jpg

    ;)
  • Maverick
    5395 posts Big Money Move
    Finally someone else is like me!

    I'm the same way, man. My seasons record is like a 3:1 W:L ratio, but I'm absolutely dreadful in draft...the game just feels different to me. I can't figure it out.
Sign In or Register to comment.