Price fixing ruining it for me

razor_ro
403 posts Sunday League Hero
I wanted to try out puyol again, ... had him awhile ago, paid 400k for him, sold him around the same price a few weeks later, now he is close to 550k, looking at the ones available, there is like 5-6 listed at the same price and listed within seconds of each other... hope someone hacks this ****' account and quick sells his whole squad

Comments

• Carlos181
    3813 posts National Call-Up
    Same with Bergkamp. Not sure if it's the same person or not, but it does get annoying when you really want/need to buy a player.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    3909 posts National Call-Up
    Just wait until either he gets bored with nobody buying his players or till people start undercutting him.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    There's one at 483k with 31 mins Togo. One at 479k with 52 mins Togo.
  • Sixtech
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    razor_ro wrote: »
    I wanted to try out puyol again, ... had him awhile ago, paid 400k for him, sold him around the same price a few weeks later, now he is close to 550k, looking at the ones available, there is like 5-6 listed at the same price and listed within seconds of each other... hope someone hacks this ****' account and quick sells his whole squad

Just use another player m8. Prices will come down eventually. Multiple big events are coming soon so w8 for it.
  • crackers07
    1046 posts Professional
    All legends have gone up. I bought scholes for 500 k he is now well over 6
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31885 posts National Team Captain
    Yeah. BF and this weekend have bumped a lot of players up.
  • vfc
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah. BF and this weekend have bumped a lot of players up.
    The average buying price was 450K for each of the seven Puyols currently listed with a selling price of between 540K and 555K. Perhaps they were listed by the one person since they all have 11+ hours remaining?

Is profiteering like this condoned by our little community?
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    If there are cards available at 470k and 480k then it's not really price fixing. I see tons of morons list cards for higher than the same card is being sold at.

Let them keep doing it and the cards won't sell for them and they'll have to lower the price eventually assuming there are always cards at lower prices out there. Can't tell you how many times I go buy an IF card or something for 10k-20k and see that there are a bunch listed at 50k... I just chuckle and move on.

The only way this would be price fixing is if the guy had enough cash to literally buy every single card on the market and set them all up the same. If he's only done it to five or six cards he'll get undercut easily.
  • razor_ro
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2016
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    If there are cards available at 470k and 480k then it's not really price fixing. I see tons of morons list cards for higher than the same card is being sold at.

Let them keep doing it and the cards won't sell for them and they'll have to lower the price eventually assuming there are always cards at lower prices out there. Can't tell you how many times I go buy an IF card or something for 10k-20k and see that there are a bunch listed at 50k... I just chuckle and move on.

The only way this would be price fixing is if the guy had enough cash to literally buy every single card on the market and set them all up the same. If he's only done it to five or six cards he'll get undercut easily.

you are right on most cards, but legends are rare, when there is only 15-20 puyols in the game (as an example) 8 on the market, 5-6 of them price fixed... it affects the community... this means i have to wait until TOTY to get the prices back to normal to try a legend out... BS! hence why its ruining this game...

also this crap happens near the end of the game too, but for completely different reasons, like players having rare cards not playing anymore, and keeping the cards in their unused squads... to fix this, EA should allow every type of card to be in packs in the last couple of months of that years FIFA before the new one comes out to let everyone get a chance to pack players again and actually try them out