Anybody play 4-5-1?

dopetothemax
2015 posts Fans' Favourite
I'm looking for a new formation and am intrigued by the 4-5-1. I've played 3 games with it so far winning two and badly losing 1. Anybody else use it and have any tips on how to maximize it?

Comments

• Carswell
    8269 posts League Winner
    I used it and liked it. The CAMs were everything for me, the ST was more of a guy who held up play and it was weird to see that the outside mids were very defensive. You definitely want to have a solid CM as well.
  • dopetothemax
    Carswell wrote: »
    I used it and liked it. The CAMs were everything for me, the ST was more of a guy who held up play and it was weird to see that the outside mids were very defensive. You definitely want to have a solid CM as well.

I noticed that in my few games with it as well. I have Cuadrado on the right and it seemed like he spent more time in the middle than out wide. It definitely plays different than most formations
  • Carswell
    8269 posts League Winner

I noticed that in my few games with it as well. I have Cuadrado on the right and it seemed like he spent more time in the middle than out wide. It definitely plays different than most formations

IF Gameiro
    Griezmann Iniesta
    Carrasco Busquets Williams
    Luis Godin Pique De Marcos

Was what I used.
  • dopetothemax

IF Gameiro
    Griezmann Iniesta

Was what I used.

I don't have nearly the budget for that. I've got:

Gabbiadini
    Banega Eder
    IF Perotti Parolo Cuadrado
    Vangioni Bonucci Barzagli Florenzi
    Perin
  • Carswell
    8269 posts League Winner

IF Gameiro
    Griezmann Iniesta

Was what I used.

Gabbiadini
    Banega Eder
    Perin

That still looks very good IMO.
  • dopetothemax

IF Gameiro
    Griezmann Iniesta

Was what I used.

Gabbiadini
    Banega Eder
    Perin

That still looks very good IMO.

Thanks. Been a bit hit or miss so far but I put that to getting used to the formation. We'll see how long I stick with it.