Passing help please

jdros
2569 posts Fans' Favourite
edited December 2016
There is one particular part of this game that drives me insane - passing. Specifically when I know my player with the ball is moving in a direction, I attempt to play a pass in that direction, but for whatever reason my player does a 180 and sends the ball the other way.

I'm willing to believe there is some user error here, but I haven't found a way to intentionally recreate it so I can't pinpoint if I'm doing something wrong or if the game just randomly inverts my direction stick from time to time.

Any ideas or is this happening to anyone else? I'd love to keep this from happening before I throw a controller through the wall.

Comments

• jdros
    Am i the only person this happens to, or is there just nothing I can do about it?
  • DarthGrowler
    14604 posts Has That Special Something
    It drives me nuts
  • DarthGrowler
    14604 posts Has That Special Something
    Or when I go to short pass and he lumps it with all he's got in a random direction!
  • CFC Jacob
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    There's no getting around it, every now and again a player will literally run around the ball to pass it with his weak foot and inevitably give the ball away, usually in defence. Remember though, the game isn't scripted.

It does baffle me that players with a 2* weak foot can score a 25 yard finesse shot but not make a 5 yard pass.
  • jdros
    Ok, it appears you and I are playing the same game. At least I'm not alone?
  • Libguy
    4862 posts National Call-Up
    Try playing with the trainer on. The passing arrow is actually pretty sensitive. I think a lot of us just play on autopilot and expect the ball to go where we want it to go. If you look at the trainer while you're playing, you'll see that sometimes you aren't really as exact as you would think that you are being.
  • jdros
    Libguy wrote: »
    Try playing with the trainer on. The passing arrow is actually pretty sensitive. I think a lot of us just play on autopilot and expect the ball to go where we want it to go. If you look at the trainer while you're playing, you'll see that sometimes you aren't really as exact as you would think that you are being.

That's good advice, and I actually thought about that and will do it offline for a while. I know there are times my player has taken controlled dribbles with the ball in a direction though and I am trying to pass in the exact direction he has been moving and continues to move, but he literally jumps around the ball and sends it back in the other direction.
  • Libguy
    4862 posts National Call-Up
    jdros wrote: »
    Libguy wrote: »

That's good advice, and I actually thought about that and will do it offline for a while. I know there are times my player has taken controlled dribbles with the ball in a direction though and I am trying to pass in the exact direction he has been moving and continues to move, but he literally jumps around the ball and sends it back in the other direction.

I would always have problems passing it to the wrong player when there were two guys fairly close together. When I started examining those sorts of situations with the trainer on, it was pretty clear that I wasn't being nearly exact enough with the stick.

Passing it backwards sounds like it could be due to some input lag too.