Manchester City FC

Comments

• Mike
    9681 posts League Winner
    Mike wrote: »

Don't they need to clear out before they can buy? I'm sure ffp is restricting them from buying for big fees. Also don't they have too many Forgein players already?.

seeing as they had a limit to spend then they brought in bony because of a supposed deal for negredo in the summer I'm sure they need to sell first.
    Don't have the transfer limitation this summer

Well you kinda do every club can only spend big if they bring in big. What's city's income looked like for the year?
    I haven't got a clue. Don't understand the finance stuff so I just don't bother. Few people have said that we could potentially spend around £150m plus money from sales though.

• xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 2015

Don't they need to clear out before they can buy? I'm sure ffp is restricting them from buying for big fees. Also don't they have too many Forgein players already?.

seeing as they had a limit to spend then they brought in bony because of a supposed deal for negredo in the summer I'm sure they need to sell first.
    Don't have the transfer limitation this summer

Well you kinda do every club can only spend big if they bring in big. What's city's income looked like for the year?
    I haven't got a clue. Don't understand the finance stuff so I just don't bother. Few people have said that we could potentially spend around £150m plus money from sales though.

Depends who you sell potentially. One of jovetic or Dzeko will leave. Negredo is already on his way out. Fans seem to be split between toure but I think city will hold onto him. Milner may leave but on a free.

Managala should be sold If he doesn't improve imo he may improve he's only young but if he goes another season with a consistent run of mistakes and poor defending I'd sell him on.

Nastasic seems to be leaving.

Kdb would be a good signing but the fee will be massive at least 40-50mill he's still only young , excellent season and Wolfsburg aren't in a position where they need to sell their star players.

I'm not a city fan though so What's your view on the outgoings and imcomings?
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    Sabella's a wind up, his agent probably pushing for more money for such an esteemed coach, World Cup finalist and all that.

I'm fine sticking with Pellers IF we change the squad.
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nastasic has been sold. Negredo is gone, but unofficially. Jovetic will go. Dzeko is 50/50. Milner would have signed a contract if he'd wanted to stay. Toure's departure depends on how much Inter will offer him, and he wouldn't be sold unless there was an assurance of the immediate purchase of someone capable of filling his void. Mangala won't be sold.
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pellegrini has to go. He's a South American Harry Redknapp. Absolutely no tactical understanding.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Bluemoon wrote: »
    Sabella's a wind up, his agent probably pushing for more money for such an esteemed coach, World Cup finalist and all that.

I'm fine sticking with Pellers IF we change the squad.

Pellers is a poor manager. The team have played awful this season. Key players have been below standards. Not exactly made the best signings.

The game against Barcelona when he went with 2 strikers and 2 central midfielders shows his lack of intelligence he's obviously seen Barcelona and the way they play with 3 in the middle dominating possession and still didn't flood the midfield so to allow them less time on the ball.
  • Mike
    9681 posts League Winner
    Daniel wrote: »
    Pellegrini has to go. He's a South American Harry Redknapp. Absolutely no tactical understanding.
    Was the same with Mancini. Didn't have a plan B and was too stubborn to change. If we do get rid of him we shouldn't got for just a good manager. We need to get a manager that will take us that next step, not just a slight improvement. Not that many available. Ancelotti could be the only one available.
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    I agree with you both @Daniel and @Mike, he's far too set in his ways and has made some baffling decisions tactically. Tbf to Bobby he did try other things but they never stuck.. 3atb was horrible though. The most annoying thing is not starting Mangala in consecutive games, how else do they expect him to learn and develop?!

The constant rotation of the back four every week is a joke, new full back and centre half every damn time.

Though in his defence so many players have personally dropped their standards from last year (Zab, Komps, Yaya, Nasri) And others have been dire (Navas, Dzeko, Kolarov)

Only Aguero, Silva, Milner, Hart, Demichelis & Clichy deserve some praise.

• Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah, the problem we face is that the type of manager we need isn't available. I see no reason for Ancelotti to leave Real, unless he's ultra-stressed after intense levels of expectancy and pressure and just wants to get out. I like Rudi Garcia, but Roma have had a horrible season so I don't think he's someone that will be deemed a particularly good appointment.

I think Brendan Rodgers would do very well here. He's had quite an impressive career so far and his promotion of youth and faith in British players is very respectable. His sides have always played great football too, which isn't something Begiristain & co will want to forego.

There's always the chance that Begiristain will think he can unearth a future great from within the club, a la Guardiola. That person being Patrick Vieira.
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    I read some quotes from Soriano the other day, keeps speaking about winning in style rather than winning at all costs (Mourinho dig..?) Wants us to play attacking, possession football with a high line and heavy pressing (That's a dream)

Rodgers is in a good place at Liverpool, young squad with many promising players. He'd have to come here and rip the side apart, at least he'd give youth a chance like you say.

Vieira would make sense as he knows what our plan is and has experience with the majority of the younger players, though he's untested and we could struggle if he isn't up to it straight away.

We'll let Pellegrini see out his deal unless we collapse and drop out of the top 4. First time in years I'm worried about losing to United ffs.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Bluemoon wrote: »
    I read some quotes from Soriano the other day, keeps speaking about winning in style rather than winning at all costs (Mourinho dig..?) Wants us to play attacking, possession football with a high line and heavy pressing (That's a dream)

Rodgers is in a good place at Liverpool, young squad with many promising players. He'd have to come here and rip the side apart, at least he'd give youth a chance like you say.

Vieira would make sense as he knows what our plan is and has experience with the majority of the younger players, though he's untested and we could struggle if he isn't up to it straight away.

We'll let Pellegrini see out his deal unless we collapse and drop out of the top 4. First time in years I'm worried about losing to United ffs.

I agree with vieira but if you look at past managers and current manager the level of expectancy is very high if he doesn't hit the ground running they'll axe him which won't help him seeing as he's still learning. If vieira wants to be a manager he should start of in the lower leagues.
  • Ahmer50x
    14757 posts Has That Special Something
    Bring back Bobby Manc?
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Bring back Bobby Manc?
    Mansour himself is more likely.
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2015
    I think part of your problem is the fact that you are not a club with a particular playing philosophy (like Ajax, Barca, Bayern, or hopefully soon enough United)
    Yeah, you just had to shoehorn it in there.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    I think part of your problem is the fact that you are not a club with a particular playing philosophy (like Ajax, Barca, Bayern, or hopefully soon enough United)

And shoehorn the other clubs van gaal has managed :joy:

• xXBarkleyXx
    Tamerlane wrote: »

And metion only the other clubs van gaal has managed :joy:

• Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    smiley-laughing002.gif
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Good spot Barkley
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Jenko wrote: »
    Good spot Barkley

Cheers babe x
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    According to the local Hamburg newspaper MOPO, you and PSG want to sign Sven Bender.
  • Mike
    9681 posts League Winner
    PES wrote: »
    According to the local Hamburg newspaper MOPO, you and PSG want to sign Sven Bender.
    Which one is the good one?

• PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    The other one. :joy:

He's supposedly available for <€10m, though.
  • Jaymizzo
    2369 posts Fans' Favourite
    The other one. :joy:

He's supposedly available for <€10m, though.

Does Lars have a phobia for playing at big teams? Would have thought by now he would have wanted out of Lev.
  • Ahmer50x
    14757 posts Has That Special Something

Believe it or not, but that was actually a pure accident :open_mouth:

I did try to shoehorn United, but the other clubs were pure coincidence. I didn't even realize they were LvG's past sides until you mentioned it :lol:
  • xXBarkleyXx

Believe it or not, but that was actually a pure accident :open_mouth:

I did try to shoehorn United, but the other clubs were pure coincidence. I didn't even realize they were LvG's past sides until you mentioned it :lol:

Do not lie :wink:
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    I read something saying Sabella left one of the Sheikh's clubs to accept the Argie job and they parted on good terms, now he's in talks with City and has stalled on Sao Paolo's offer.. seems too easy to constrict.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Sabella would be a big gamble imo. Never managed a club side in europes top leagues. Did well with Argie at the last wc but considering the players he had available and it was on South American soil you wouldn't of expected any less.
  • Welbeck
    5105 posts Big Money Move
    CCYBlB7WMAANWrN.png:large

what an exemplary captain
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    edited April 2015
    He's stating facts? Pretty much the whole team has played like garbage, the only ones you can say have performed to some consistent level are Aguero, Silva, Hart, Milner & Demichelis.
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    Jesus Navas is actually the most useless player in the league.