Manchester City FC

Comments

  • SkillerForDayz
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't know what to say.... Will just go back to my hole...
    Typical city
  • Ahmer50x
    11534 posts Has That Special Something
    From ESPN:

    - City have lost five of their last seven games in all competitions. It is their worst run since losing five of six matches under Hughes in March and April 2009, when their team included Kelvin Etuhu and Javier Garrido.

    - They have only won four of their last 14 matches. It is their worst run since a spell of four victories in 15 attempts in October, November and December 2009 led the club to decide to dispense with Hughes' services.

    - They have lost their last four away games, including their last three in the Premier League. It is the first time since 2009 they have suffered four straight away defeats.

    - They have had 70 and 74 percent of possession in their last Premier League away games, at Burnley and Crystal Palace, and lost both.

    - After 31 league games last season, they had nine more points, had scored 21 more goals and had conceded one fewer.

    - This is their lowest points total at this stage of the season since 2011.

    - City only have the fourth-best defensive record in the Premier League. They have finished each of the last four seasons with statistically either the best or second-best defence.

    - They have only kept three clean sheets in their last 18 games, including FA Cup and Champions League matches.

    - Sergio Aguero has equalled his longest run without a goal for City. He has not scored in his last six appearances.

    - Edin Dzeko has only scored twice in his last 22 appearances. He has only scored six goals for City this season. By this stage of last season, he had scored 21.

    - Yaya Toure has scored eight Premier League goals this season. At this stage of last season, he had scored 18.

    - The £40 million centre-back Eliaquim Mangala, who is the most expensive defender in the history of English football, has only started five of City's last 13 fixtures. He only began three of their eight Champions League games this season and has only played two games against teams in the top six of the Premier League.
  • Mike
    9088 posts League Winner
    Thanks for that
  • SkillerForDayz
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    So much hate in those facts....
  • Mike
    9088 posts League Winner
    So much hate in those facts....
    What does that even mean?

  • Handy Andy
    5529 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2015
    a fact isn't affected by personal opinion pal
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    Doom and gloom facts thanks!

    Pellegrini, Dzeko, & Toure out on those facts.
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    Don't watch much of the U18/EDS teams but reading through some regular watchers on Bluemoon and some articles on the kids Barker and Angelino sounds like a promising left side in the future.
  • SkillerForDayz
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mike wrote: »
    So much hate in those facts....
    What does that even mean?

    So much negatively, I mean can you find any positive facts from it?

    The post by ahmer

  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mike wrote: »
    So much hate in those facts....
    What does that even mean?

    So much negatively, I mean can you find any positive facts from it?

    The post by ahmer
    It wasn't supposed to be positive. They are facts indicating who or what is responsible for our recent failures.

  • SkillerForDayz
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    Daniel wrote: »
    Mike wrote: »
    So much hate in those facts....
    What does that even mean?

    So much negatively, I mean can you find any positive facts from it?

    The post by ahmer
    It wasn't supposed to be positive. They are facts indicating who or what is responsible for our recent failures.

    Oh I thought they were all of the match facts.... My bad
  • Ahmer50x
    11534 posts Has That Special Something
    I didn't select those facts, those are straight from the list compiled by ESPN.

    I think part of your problem is the fact that you are not a club with a particular playing philosophy (like Ajax, Barca, Bayern, or hopefully soon enough United) and you don't change your tactics to beat the opposition (like Chelsea). You have a set playing formation but no particular preference stylistically.

    If I was Sheikh Mansour, the first thing I would do is clean house at the upper level by sacking Begiristain, Soriano and Pellegrini. I would bring in a manager with a philosophy to implement at the club like Klopp, Guardiola, etc and a chief executive with a focus on commercial deals and finances rather than involvement on the football side of things.

    I'd then just give the new man a free hit for the next season, with only champions league qualification expected, so he could identify who he can trust and who he can't. The expectation would be that he'd remold the squad over the next three windows for a challenge on all fronts in 2016-17.
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    Txiki has definitely messed up, some horrible decisions so far and a big outlay. It's not all down to Pellegrini but he's made questionable choices on more than one occassion and I believe he lacks the ability to motivate this set of players.

    The players are in as much trouble as any.. back to back weak title defences with the same core. They've had a good run of 5 years, won everything but the UCL.
  • Mike
    9088 posts League Winner
    As long as we have a big clear out this summer I'll be happy. As each day passes I'm hating this current team more and more.
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    Mike wrote: »
    As long as we have a big clear out this summer I'll be happy. As each day passes I'm hating this current team more and more.

    That would be ideal. I hope we're listening to offers for everyone apart from Hart, Kompany, Zab, Aguero, Silva & Mangala (He's had an improved second half of the season despite a lack of consistent starts)

    I just want this season to be done with right now.
  • Mike
    9088 posts League Winner
    Bluemoon wrote: »
    Mike wrote: »
    As long as we have a big clear out this summer I'll be happy. As each day passes I'm hating this current team more and more.

    That would be ideal. I hope we're listening to offers for everyone apart from Hart, Kompany, Zab, Aguero, Silva & Mangala (He's had an improved second half of the season despite a lack of consistent starts)

    I just want this season to be done with right now.
    Doubt we would get rid of Clichy. He has arguable been one of our best players this season, that and the fact that he classes as HG we should probably keep on of him.

    Main replacement we need is for Yaya. Only a couple players that would be able to fill the void and we will probably miss out on them because we don't want to shell out a lot on world class players. Average players is where it's at, apparently.

  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I didn't select those facts, those are straight from the list compiled by ESPN.

    I think part of your problem is the fact that you are not a club with a particular playing philosophy (like Ajax, Barca, Bayern, or hopefully soon enough United) and you don't change your tactics to beat the opposition (like Chelsea). You have a set playing formation but no particular preference stylistically.

    If I was Sheikh Mansour, the first thing I would do is clean house at the upper level by sacking Begiristain, Soriano and Pellegrini. I would bring in a manager with a philosophy to implement at the club like Klopp, Guardiola, etc and a chief executive with a focus on commercial deals and finances rather than involvement on the football side of things.

    I'd then just give the new man a free hit for the next season, with only champions league qualification expected, so he could identify who he can trust and who he can't. The expectation would be that he'd remold the squad over the next three windows for a challenge on all fronts in 2016-17.

    You've basically described what United are doing.

  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    Mike wrote: »
    Bluemoon wrote: »
    Mike wrote: »
    As long as we have a big clear out this summer I'll be happy. As each day passes I'm hating this current team more and more.

    That would be ideal. I hope we're listening to offers for everyone apart from Hart, Kompany, Zab, Aguero, Silva & Mangala (He's had an improved second half of the season despite a lack of consistent starts)

    I just want this season to be done with right now.
    Doubt we would get rid of Clichy. He has arguable been one of our best players this season, that and the fact that he classes as HG we should probably keep on of him.

    Main replacement we need is for Yaya. Only a couple players that would be able to fill the void and we will probably miss out on them because we don't want to shell out a lot on world class players. Average players is where it's at, apparently.

    Yeah that's true, he had a pretty rough beginning to the season but picked it up steadily and has been consistent. He'll keep the seat warm for Angelino.

    Our midfield is utter **** and Yaya has to go this season, we can't afford to keep such an expensive guy who doesn't justify it any more. I have no faith in us getting world class players, the past transfer windows have been awful and Txiki's transfers this and last season are very worrying.

  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    That would be fantastic.
  • Sellish
    7539 posts League Winner
    You can totally feel in the forum(air) that a derby is coming.
  • SkillerForDayz
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    I hope Sabella doesnt faint again if he gets the job :P
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    "If he chooses to leave Germany" :joy: @Mike
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Team needs a clear out and bring in some
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I didn't select those facts, those are straight from the list compiled by ESPN.

    I think part of your problem is the fact that you are not a club with a particular playing philosophy (like Ajax, Barca, Bayern, or hopefully soon enough United) and you don't change your tactics to beat the opposition (like Chelsea). You have a set playing formation but no particular preference stylistically.

    If I was Sheikh Mansour, the first thing I would do is clean house at the upper level by sacking Begiristain, Soriano and Pellegrini. I would bring in a manager with a philosophy to implement at the club like Klopp, Guardiola, etc and a chief executive with a focus on commercial deals and finances rather than involvement on the football side of things.

    I'd then just give the new man a free hit for the next season, with only champions league qualification expected, so he could identify who he can trust and who he can't. The expectation would be that he'd remold the squad over the next three windows for a challenge on all fronts in 2016-17.

    You've basically described what United are doing.

    :joy:
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mike wrote: »

    Don't they need to clear out before they can buy? I'm sure ffp is restricting them from buying for big fees. Also don't they have too many Forgein players already?.

    seeing as they had a limit to spend then they brought in bony because of a supposed deal for negredo in the summer I'm sure they need to sell first.
  • Mike
    9088 posts League Winner
    Mike wrote: »

    Don't they need to clear out before they can buy? I'm sure ffp is restricting them from buying for big fees. Also don't they have too many Forgein players already?.

    seeing as they had a limit to spend then they brought in bony because of a supposed deal for negredo in the summer I'm sure they need to sell first.
    Don't have the transfer limitation this summer

  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mike wrote: »
    Mike wrote: »

    Don't they need to clear out before they can buy? I'm sure ffp is restricting them from buying for big fees. Also don't they have too many Forgein players already?.

    seeing as they had a limit to spend then they brought in bony because of a supposed deal for negredo in the summer I'm sure they need to sell first.
    Don't have the transfer limitation this summer

    Well you kinda do every club can only spend big if they bring in big. What's city's income looked like for the year?

Sign In or Register to comment.