The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Manchester City FC

Comments

• Cyodine
    2183 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Some of you lot are acting as though City are actually being sent down to league 2.

They'll still have one of the biggest budgets in football and will be competing for every domestic trophy.

A few players may leave and it'll be harder to secure targets, but this is still a top club.

This. No reason to expect a mass exodus of players to want out from City. CL football is attractive but so is money and lots of it. If Pep stays put, then that is another positive when it comes to recruiting players, he is still one of the best managers out there when it comes to developing players.

What money?

Maybe i'm not understanding everything but I'm sure they wouldn't have any issues paying their players from offshore accounts or whatever you want to call it. Does the UEFA investigation even care about how players are paid or just how the club makes it's money or both?

• Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some of you lot are acting as though City are actually being sent down to league 2.

They'll still have one of the biggest budgets in football and will be competing for every domestic trophy.

A few players may leave and it'll be harder to secure targets, but this is still a top club.

This. No reason to expect a mass exodus of players to want out from City. CL football is attractive but so is money and lots of it. If Pep stays put, then that is another positive when it comes to recruiting players, he is still one of the best managers out there when it comes to developing players.

What money?

Maybe i'm not understanding everything but I'm sure they wouldn't have any issues paying their players from offshore accounts or whatever you want to call it. Does the UEFA investigation even care about how players are paid or just how the club makes it's money or both?

No I’m not sure you understand it tbf. With these ‘sponsorships’ being finally punished it means they can no longer cook the books with their owners money.

The players also aren’t paid through any offshore account, they are paid by the club. So less actual money in the club means they won’t be able to pay the wages they are currently throwing about.
  • Gervonta
    4111 posts National Call-Up

What money?

No I’m not sure you understand it tbf. With these ‘sponsorships’ being finally punished it means they can no longer cook the books with their owners money.

The players also aren’t paid through any offshore account, they are paid by the club. So less actual money in the club means they won’t be able to pay the wages they are currently throwing about.

I still think the players and managers have offshore accounts where they receive sizeable fee’s tbh.

Wasn’t it Mancini who’s account got found out with a transaction that was double his city salary. Made me question it ever since plus people like sane ,mendy, Jesus and ederson are all on less than 100k a week makes me think about little offshore accounts even more.

But yeah I’ve been saying the same thing without the ability to fake the sponsorships and this 200m loss without the CL they’ll struggle to pay the wages and struggle to make loads of massive signings. Like how they signed 3 new full backs for £130m in a single window.
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    Well that was anticlimactic
  • Mike
    10104 posts Has That Special Something
    Well that was anticlimactic
    What?
  • Snugglebites
    1488 posts Professional
    haha
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good thread on City’s cheating here

Can actually see Mansour ditching the club. Not as fun when you can’t just put your own money in!
  • Pxul_
    9237 posts League Winner
  • Cyodine
    2183 posts Fans' Favourite
    ...that has to be a contender for mishap of the year. I could’ve sworn that I copied the link for the post regarding Pep and Sterling committing to City :lol:

I’m leaving that there, it’s an absolute gem :lol::lol:

So someone on these forums poos in the shower?
  • Snugglebites
    1488 posts Professional
    City fans gonna really stick it to UEFA when they boo the CL anthem even louder.
  • Mike
    :lol:
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    So 5th place could potentially have their CL qualification revoked after the season ends? :#
  • Shshj
    4542 posts National Call-Up
    I can see a compromise being reached, similar to our transfer ban.
  • El_Nino
    4411 posts National Call-Up
    Shshj wrote: »
    I can see a compromise being reached, similar to our transfer ban.

Could definitely see it being dropped to a 1 year ban rather than 2, and that being that.
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    Laporte injured again, that’ll be City back to defending like Arsenal
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    Told you
  • Mike
    Historic win. Flying the flag for England as usual
  • El_Nino
    4411 posts National Call-Up
    Mike wrote: »

At least you’ve still got your sense of humour
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain

Until next season :wink:
  • Retro_G
    32036 posts National Team Captain

Well it's practically another home game for Madrid in the Etihad, wouldn't be counting your chickens before they've hatched.
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    That might not be his decision to make.
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    Laporte out for a month.