Manchester City FC

Comments

• Apollo
    7858 posts League Winner
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Oh. It’s just Doofus’ weekly attempt at belittling the Premier League’s best player.

He doesn't belittle De Bruyne in there though
  • Sellish
    7539 posts League Winner
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    Also, can I add, no one has actually presented a case with substance, showing why Hazard is in a bracket above the likes of Mane, Sterling, Martial, etc. I am still waiting for something better than "because he is" or making something up like second assists when he doesn't even have any. I am willing to hear out strong evidence, but so far I am not seeing any.

The way he carry a team imo.
    He can come of the bench and change the whole game and carry the team.

Whilst Martial and Mane have moment of brilliance, I'm not seeing them dominate games like Hazard does.

That's ok, but does he do it enough? The answer is no, and once again, it's an issue of consistency.

It feels like recent events are once again clouding judgements. Yes, he came off the bench against Liverpool and tore us apart, but he just played 90 minutes against Everton and did nothing. He did nothing against Man United or West Ham. All 3 of those games ended in draws, so that's arguably 6 points dropped because Chelsea's superstar that they rely on didn't turn up. Again, he's inconsistent. And that's why I refuse to put him in a bracket above those others. If he was genuinely in that bracket below Messi and Ronaldo, he would not go missing as often as he does. I don't see why people find this so difficult to comprehend.

Edit: Can you imagine De Bruyne going missing that often? What about the Salah of last season? A player who performs at that sort of level consistently is a player who can be put in that bracket, imo. It remains to be seen if Salah can stay there this season, and unfortunately for De Bruyne, he's having injury issues, but the point still stands. Hazard's best season doesn't even come close to either of those players, let alone his normal seasons. Just like Mane, Martial, Sterling, etc.

I do agree with his lack of constinency. I even mentioned it. But when he is good, he is so much better then the others. That's why I put him in the same bracket.
    He is the same bracket as the likes of Pogba (same problem with consistency), Bale, Alexis (before United), Coutinho and so on imo.
  • SDoofus
    3821 posts National Call-Up
    Also, can I add, no one has actually presented a case with substance, showing why Hazard is in a bracket above the likes of Mane, Sterling, Martial, etc. I am still waiting for something better than "because he is" or making something up like second assists when he doesn't even have any. I am willing to hear out strong evidence, but so far I am not seeing any.

Whilst Martial and Mane have moment of brilliance, I'm not seeing them dominate games like Hazard does.

That's ok, but does he do it enough? The answer is no, and once again, it's an issue of consistency.

It feels like recent events are once again clouding judgements. Yes, he came off the bench against Liverpool and tore us apart, but he just played 90 minutes against Everton and did nothing. He did nothing against Man United or West Ham. All 3 of those games ended in draws, so that's arguably 6 points dropped because Chelsea's superstar that they rely on didn't turn up. Again, he's inconsistent. And that's why I refuse to put him in a bracket above those others. If he was genuinely in that bracket below Messi and Ronaldo, he would not go missing as often as he does. I don't see why people find this so difficult to comprehend.

Edit: Can you imagine De Bruyne going missing that often? What about the Salah of last season? A player who performs at that sort of level consistently is a player who can be put in that bracket, imo. It remains to be seen if Salah can stay there this season, and unfortunately for De Bruyne, he's having injury issues, but the point still stands. Hazard's best season doesn't even come close to either of those players, let alone his normal seasons. Just like Mane, Martial, Sterling, etc.

I do agree with his lack of constinency. I even mentioned it. But when he is good, he is so much better then the others. That's why I put him in the same bracket.
    He is the same bracket as the likes of Pogba (same problem with consistency), Bale, Alexis (before United), Coutinho and so on imo.

Pogba, ffs :D
  • forearms
    3811 posts National Call-Up

Yeah. World Cup winning Pogba. :D
  • SDoofus
    forearms wrote: »

Some proper **** players have won big Cups. Means nothing. Djimi Traore is a proud owner of a CL medal, ffs :D

Not saying Pogba is ****, but lmao, he's not in that bracket AT ALL.
  • Sellish
    7539 posts League Winner

Mentioned more players plus "and so on".
    Also mentioned Pogba issues with constinency. He have a very high lvl when he performs.

But when you only answer like that I guess you have no answer.
  • forearms
    3811 posts National Call-Up
    forearms wrote: »

Some proper **** players have won big Cups. Means nothing. Djimi Traore is a proud owner of a CL medal, ffs :D

Not saying Pogba is ****, but lmao, he's not in that bracket AT ALL.

Right. I'm sure if he played for Liverpool your opinion would be EXACTLY the same! :D
  • SDoofus
    edited November 2018
    The bracket I am talking about, the one that Hazard gets put into incorrectly, is the bracket directly below Messi/Ronaldo. Pogba does not touch that. Nor does Coutinho (yet). Bale is a tough sell these days due to injuries and old age, but he probably just about makes it in. These are the players that I think are in that bracket:

Neymar
    Mbappe (special case)
    De Bruyne
    Suarez
    Bale
    Salah (IF he gets 35+ G/A this season, right now he's not)

Pogba doesn't fit in with them.
  • Sellish
    7539 posts League Winner
    The bracket I am talking about, the one that Hazard gets put into incorrectly, is the bracket directly below Messi/Ronaldo. Pogba does not touch that. Nor does Coutinho (yet). Bale is a tough sell these days due to injuries and old age, but he probably just about makes it in. These are the players that I think are in that bracket:

Neymar
    Mbappe (special case)
    De Bruyne
    Suarez
    Bale

No player that I mention fit there. As you said, Bale is a maybe.
  • SDoofus

Neymar
    Mbappe (special case)
    De Bruyne
    Suarez
    Bale

No player that I mention fit there. As you said, Bale is a maybe.

Does Hazard?

Or are people finally seeing what I mean?
  • ViVaWhom
    6577 posts Big Money Move
    this is the most activity this thread has ever gotten
  • Ahmer50x
    11534 posts Has That Special Something

Neymar
    Mbappe (special case)
    De Bruyne
    Suarez
    Bale

Take Bale out and I agree with this. He was once in that group, but no longer. (KDB also doesn't fit from a positional perspective, but I do agree about his level.)
  • SDoofus
    Top tier bracket is extremely shallow. Hence only 2 players in it currently, and one could argue that there should only be 1.

2nd tier bracket also pretty shallow. 5 or so players.

3rd tier is where the bracket expands a bit, hence I put Hazard, Mane, Martial, Pogba, Sterling, D. Silva, Aguero, Griezmann, Coutinho, Salah, etc in this one. There more flexibility in the 3rd bracket. That's how I see it anyway. A bigger pool.
  • Tornado31619
    13479 posts Has That Special Something
    Goals/assists (appearances) since 2015/16:

Hazard - 39/16 (112)
    Mané - 40/18 (104)
    Martial - 30/15 (95)
    Sterling - 37/24 (107)

I’d have put Salah in there, but he’s only in his second season.

Honestly, I wouldn’t be wrong if I tried to make an argument for Mané (not so much Martial/Sterling, consistency needs work) being better than Hazard. Didn’t Mané even have an agreement with Real before Zizou resigned?
    Besides, Hazard wasn’t Chelsea’s best player when Costa was still around. If Conte didn’t fall out with every one of his players, then maybe Chelsea wouldn’t capitulate without Hazard. Funny how after Conte fell out with Costa, Chelsea’s win streak ended and they started dropping points, even at home

Also, Pogba plays in a completely different position to Bale, Alexis, Hazard and even Coutinho, so I’m unsure as to where that comparison comes from.
  • SDoofus
    edited November 2018

Hazard - 39/16 (112)
    Mané - 40/18 (104)
    Martial - 30/15 (95)
    Sterling - 37/24 (107)

Honestly, I wouldn’t be wrong if I tried to make an argument for Mané (not so much Martial/Sterling, consistency needs work) being better than Hazard. Didn’t Mané even have an agreement with Real before Zizou resigned?
    Besides, Hazard wasn’t Chelsea’s best player when Costa was still around. If Conte didn’t fall out with every one of his players, then maybe Chelsea wouldn’t capitulate without Hazard. Funny how after Conte fell out with Costa, Chelsea’s win streak ended and they started dropping points, even at home

Also, Pogba plays in a completely different position to Bale, Alexis, Hazard and even Coutinho, so I’m unsure as to where that comparison comes from.

Exactly.

As for the bolded bit, I think it's more just quality. Like De Bruyne is what a tier 1 CM would be, imo. Pogba tier 2 (Just CMs)
  • Tornado31619
    KDB’s consistency also has room for improvement. Don’t even think he’s City’s best midfielder.

Besides, who said that the best player in the league had to be an attacker?
  • Tornado31619

Hazard - 39/16 (112)
    Mané - 40/18 (104)
    Martial - 30/15 (95)
    Sterling - 37/24 (107)

Exactly.

As for the bolded bit, I think it's more just quality. Like De Bruyne is what a tier 1 CM would be, imo. Pogba tier 2 (Just CMs)

Pretty reasonable TBH.
  • finsfan85
    10454 posts Has That Special Something
    Knee surgery for Mendy
  • Gervonta
    2838 posts Fans' Favourite
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6401367/Man-City-talks-supporters-expanding-Etihad-63-000.html

Surely it’s a joke , stadiums half empty as it is without spending money adding more empty seats.
  • wth22
    9244 posts League Winner
    Foden getting a token one minute despite it being an irrelevant Champions League game with de Bruyne, Gundogan and Bernardo Silva injured :lol:
  • Shehraj
    5697 posts Big Money Move
    After 3 years on the fifa forums, I just found out theres a City Thread :flushed:
  • ViVaWhom
    Another failure to win in CL, guess that's what happens when you aren't paying off opponents
  • Bob_Dylan
    18458 posts World Class
    Shehraj wrote: »
    After 3 years on the fifa forums, I just found out theres a City Thread :flushed:

Says more about you if anything
  • Shehraj
    5697 posts Big Money Move
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »

you're cute trying to be clever given theres been 8 pages made this whole season thus far
    quit embarassing yourself
  • Bob_Dylan
    18458 posts World Class
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »

you're cute trying to be clever given theres been 8 pages made this whole season thus far
    quit embarassing yourself

no
  • ViVaWhom
    with enough money any problem can be removed
  • wth22
    9244 posts League Winner
    So how much is the bribe UEFA get this time?