Manchester City FC

Comments

• ViVaWhom
    8291 posts League Winner
    edited November 2018
    Stop living on stats, there is more to a player's performance than goals/assist...

David Silva is miles better than half the players you put there but I guess he didn't make it cause he wasn't high on your goals/assist list

Like... Silva is on another planet to Ozil :lol:
  • SDoofus
    6077 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Stop living on stats, there is more to a player's performance than goals/assist...

David Silva is miles better than half the players you put there but I guess he didn't make it cause he wasn't high on your goals/assist list

Like Silva is on another planet to Ozil :lol:

I actually had them both on there, but then realised that I had said forwards and took Silva off and forgot about Ozil. Apologies. He shouldn’t be on there. I’ve removed him now.
  • Mike
    10067 posts Has That Special Something
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Mike wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Is positioning not recognised as a skill anymore then? Or is it just a coincidence that it’s always Sterling that gets the tap ins?

Superb player.

So Ronaldo > Messi?
    What are you chatting?

You say he does more than tap ins. I show a video of his goals last year and they are a majority tap ins. When you say something that is wrong I feel obligated to tell you and provide proof as to why you are wrong.
    He has 16 assists since the start of last season, you don't get them numbers if all you do is score tap ins
  • Pugzilla
    16607 posts World Class

Is positioning not recognised as a skill anymore then? Or is it just a coincidence that it’s always Sterling that gets the tap ins?

Superb player.

So Ronaldo > Messi?
    What are you chatting?

You say he does more than tap ins. I show a video of his goals last year and they are a majority tap ins. When you say something that is wrong I feel obligated to tell you and provide proof as to why you are wrong.
    He has 16 assists since the start of last season, you don't get them numbers if all you do is score tap ins

Almost all of his goals are tap ins. “All he does is score tap ins” is true on the average if we are just talking about the goals he has scored.

16 assists is substantial and being that I don’t follow your club it shouldn’t surprise you I don’t know every stat. All I see is match of the day and the tap in parade your team seems to do every weekend.

Maybe he is one of the top players in the league tbh because of the system. But as was said earlier you put him on Palace and move Zaha to City and see what Raheem could produce.
  • SDoofus

Superb player.

So Ronaldo > Messi?
    What are you chatting?

Almost all of his goals are tap ins. “All he does is score tap ins” is true on the average if we are just talking about the goals he has scored.

16 assists is substantial and being that I don’t follow your club it shouldn’t surprise you I don’t know every stat. All I see is match of the day and the tap in parade your team seems to do every weekend.

Maybe he is one of the top players in the league tbh because of the system. But as was said earlier you put him on Palace and move Zaha to City and see what Raheem could produce.

As opposed to moving Salah or Hazard to Palace?
  • Pugzilla
    16607 posts World Class

Superb player.

So Ronaldo > Messi?
    What are you chatting?

As opposed to moving Salah or Hazard to Palace?

I think Salah or Hazard would do better at Palace than Raheem yes.

• AEsey
    6019 posts Big Money Move
    Id take Salah over sterling without a second of thought tbh, salah is a more complete player imo
  • wth22
    10509 posts Has That Special Something
    Sterling definitely doesn't get as much credit as he should, top player but still a level or 2 below Salah/Hazard.
  • Sellish
    9515 posts League Winner
    I hate Sterling just much as the next guy but saying he isn't good because he "only do tap ins" is stupid. Most of CR7's goals is tap ins and he is the GOAT.

Pep made Sterling one of the better attackers in the league. Don't think he would do as well in other teams but that doesn't mean he isn't good.
  • SDoofus
    And there’s a reason Pep/City want to tie him down with a new contract. If it was easy to do what Sterling does, why not just sell him and buy Zaha?

:D:D:D
  • G000ner
    4406 posts National Call-Up
    These arguments are stupid. He's already at the best club in the league, why does he need to move to a worse club to prove how good he is? If he's average why does he continually start for the best team in the league, even though they have numerous other wide options? Pep Guardiola clearly rates him. And as for the whole "tap-in merchant" thing, it looks like some of you need to start watching some City games. Watch his movement, his decision making, short passes and dribbling. World Class. See his assist for Aguero's goal today
  • Kellnerr
    2832 posts Fans' Favourite
    G000ner wrote: »
    These arguments are stupid. He's already at the best club in the league, why does he need to move to a worse club to prove how good he is? If he's average why does he continually start for the best team in the league, even though they have numerous other wide options? Pep Guardiola clearly rates him. And as for the whole "tap-in merchant" thing, it looks like some of you need to start watching some City games. Watch his movement, his decision making, short passes and dribbling. World Class. See his assist for Aguero's goal today

Agree except for his decision making, what is alongside his finishing what he's worst at and that's why he will never be absolute world class. imo
  • wth22
    I think it's just that his style of play is less "beautiful" on the eye than say a Hazard or a Mahrez which is why he's not rated as highly as it should be, which is stupid imo.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Sellish wrote: »
    I hate Sterling just much as the next guy but saying he isn't good because he "only do tap ins" is stupid. Most of CR7's goals is tap ins and he is the GOAT.

Pep made Sterling one of the better attackers in the league. Don't think he would do as well in other teams but that doesn't mean he isn't good.

Imagine even putting the GOAT in the same sentence as Sterling ffs :joy:

Ronaldo has scored more bangers in one season than sterling has his whole career.
  • Pxul_
    8226 posts League Winner
    Couchy wrote: »

Ronaldo has scored more bangers in one season than sterling has his whole career.

Tbh he didn’t put them in the same sentence at all, he made a new one for him 😂
  • Sellish
    9515 posts League Winner

It's obvious that they are on 2 very different levels but tap ins are a skill just the same as "scoring bangers".
  • AEsey
    6019 posts Big Money Move

It's obvious that they are on 2 very different levels but tap ins are a skill just the same as "scoring bangers".

And they all count the same
  • Low Ki
    11855 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2018

Link:
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346.html

The Lucas Chang story a couple days back was definitely unethical but they did some serious legal gymnastics to avoid breaking actual rules.

This is the opposite. If nothing happens with stuff like this surfacing it just affirms they have too much money to bother going after. It was one of those things we all knew but couldn't prove and now finally see the numbers involved.

Hope this makes it into part 2 of the Amazon documentary.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Low Ki wrote: »

Link:
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346.html

The Lucas Chang story a couple days back was definitely unethical but they did some serious legal gymnastics to avoid breaking actual rules.

This is the opposite. If nothing happens with stuff like this surfacing it just affirms they have too much money to bother going after. It was one of those things we all knew but couldn't prove and now finally see the numbers involved.

Hope this makes it into part 2 of the Amazon documentary.

Love all this is FINALLY coming out. Anyone with a brain knew this was what was happening.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »

Tbh he didn’t put them in the same sentence at all, he made a new one for him 😂

😂
  • SDoofus
    They should be stripped of all their recent titles, as they've clearly cheated to achieve them. Absolute scum.
  • Mike
    I’m disgusted. Going to support United from now on.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

You wouldn’t be welcome
  • Low Ki
    11855 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2018
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-and-the-fight-against-financial-fairplay-a-1236347.html

Project Longbow :lol:

Love this line though:
    Behind closed doors, they began looking for "creative solutions" to circumvent the rules, resulting in the launch of a secret project with the rather military-esque name "Project Longbow." In explaining the name, the club's chief legal adviser, Simon Cliff, noted in an internal email that the longbow was "the weapon the English used to beat the French at Crecy and Agincourt." For Man City club leadership, the enemy was apparently Michel Platini, the French UEFA president, and his signature project, FFP.

As an accountant I find the structures they used fascinating.
  • Mike

You wouldn’t be welcome
    Why not?
  • Mike
    Anthony Taylor reffing the derby. He’s a United fan, what a joke
  • SDoofus
    Anthony Taylor reffing the derby. He’s a United fan, what a joke

Deserved.
  • ViVaWhom
    8291 posts League Winner
    It's clear man city picked him so it won't be suspicious when he gives everything to City
  • wth22
    Looks like us finishing 2nd last season will matter after all when City get stripped of last season's title
  • forearms
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    wth22 wrote: »
    Looks like us finishing 2nd last season will matter after all when City get stripped of last season's title

LOL. Champagne wishes and caviar dreams! Let's pop the bottles right now!