Kante as a lone CDM?

SaifR
12842 posts Has That Special Something
edited November 2016
He seems quite popular this year, would he work as a lone CDM though? I worry about his size/strength mainly. Looks like he'd benefit from playing next to an anchor, rather than being the anchor.

Yay or nay? Would have KDB at LCM and Herrera at RCM in 4-3-3 (5) if that makes any difference.

Comments

• I play him(IF version) there in a 41212-2 but yaya sits tight with him. Kante with a senitel card is a must though
  • SaifR
    47goonz wrote: »
    I play him(IF version) there in a 41212-2 but yaya sits tight with him. Kante with a senitel card is a must though

Does his size hinder him?
  • SaifR wrote: »
    47goonz wrote: »
    I play him(IF version) there in a 41212-2 but yaya sits tight with him. Kante with a senitel card is a must though

Does his size hinder him?

Thats why i'm playing Toure in beside him. IF kante is an absolute boss mate, as i says stick a senitel card on him and you wont notice his lack of physical attributes, aye hes small but his defensive stats will make up
  • AngeloStyle93
    521 posts An Exciting Prospect
    33e77334f31175d7b54ec7262fa1006f.jpg

Kanté is eating everyone
  • SaifR
    So the consensus is that he'd be fine?
  • RWU
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    He is more than fine he is a beast
  • Rinoa
    997 posts Professional
    Is this thread serious? Theres about 50 threads since september saying he is the best NIF in the game in that position...
  • JuliantbX
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2016
    He's a boss. Probably loses 8/10 headers from goalkicks, but everything on the ground is his.
    EDIT: Only used his IF though
  • Mattysb1
    530 posts An Exciting Prospect
    His strength your worried about? He's quite possibly the strongest player I've used! I play him as a cdm in a 41212(2) and he stops everyone. He's also everywhere and has amazing stamina
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    I seem to have said this a lot recently, but I wouldn't use him as a lone CDM simply because he's a midget. Every goal kick from the opposition is going to be going his way, and if he doesn't win any of them in the air that's going to put you on the back foot.

People say he does win headers, but if that's true with his 79 jumping then the game is well and truly broken.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    I started using him and yeah, he's a boss. I would get a decent height CM to win some headers, but I'm shocked at how many he does win.
  • CraigTaaylor
    80 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I use him CM with Dembele as holding mid and it works better than when I used him in CDM
  • Denz
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prefer him at cm, for me he was everywhere but at cdm. Great player in game, can't dispute that but as a lone cdm I haven't been that impressed.
  • SaifR
    I use him CM with Dembele as holding mid and it works better than when I used him in CDM

Dembele is my current holding midfielder and he's been class, was tempted to try Kante for his vastly superior tackling (and also recovery speed to defend counter attacks).
  • SaifR
    Denz wrote: »
    Prefer him at cm, for me he was everywhere but at cdm. Great player in game, can't dispute that but as a lone cdm I haven't been that impressed.

Yeah this was another one of my biggest concerns.
  • WellWornBeast
    2133 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have him in a diamond with Fernandinho and Dembele at LCM and RCM. Works wonders for me as the CDM.
  • Its like only having one Pitbull in your front yard guarding the house, it still does the job, his name should be Pitbull not Kante
  • Metangoles
    61 posts Park Captain
    He is a must player but I dont like him as CDM. I like to use Fernandinho as CDM (Med/High and go ahead) and Kante RCM (stay back). And a LCM HIgh/High
  • SaifR
    Some people like him at CDM, some don't lol. Guess I'll just have to trial him myself, there's no definitive answer.