Ratio of tackles pretty clear indication how fair the match is

Observer
129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited November 2016
After extensive playing / testing I came to conclusion that ratio of tackles between teams is pretty clear indication of how much the match was / was not in your favor.

There is obviously lot of factors like "lag" etc. coming into this but I think its pretty clear that if your players made 1/3 tackles of your opponent (for instance 9 to 27) the advantage / disadvatage was pretty much around that mark and vice versa.

Obviously that does not mean you cant win the match, just it will be proportionally harder.

Tested mainly in WL /WL Qualification, divisions gameplay / ratios are different.

Unlike shots, you may test tackles pretty easily, excluding extremes like 5ATB/PTB which has obvious inclination to feature lot of tackles.

It also seems most terrible human defenders have most capable AI defenders in team, but its just an observation.

Comments

• Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    You can take the ball without using a tackle. So kinda flawed logic.
  • Rick
    9185 posts League Winner
    This is not necessarily true because a player with significantly more possession than the opponent will, most likely, have a lot fewer tackles.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    Aren't tackles reflective of your opponents play style? Some who tries to skill past opponents versus someone who crosses the ball more often (ie whether you lose the ball by virtue of bad dribbling or bad passing) is going to result in different tackle numbers while having no bearing on how the match is going from an advantage or score perspective.
  • Observer
    Yes, exactly AI does that.
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    You can take the ball without using a tackle. So kinda flawed logic.

RT
  • Greedy_Marco
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Successful tackles are different to attempted tackles. Usually the player with more success with his tackles has the game swinging their way.

I find that if I turn my aggression up on my CT and use more aggressive players, I tend to win the ball back a lot more. The game then feels like it's on my side.

If you have a team of Iniestas and Iscos, it's highly like that you'll dominate possession but lose 50/50s which in turn cost you the match

It's about getting that balance. But yes, tackles are a very good indicator.
  • Observer
    Successful tackles are different to attempted tackles. Usually the player with more success with his tackles has the game swinging their way.

I find that if I turn my aggression up on my CT and use more aggressive players, I tend to win the ball back a lot more. The game then feels like it's on my side.

If you have a team of Iniestas and Iscos, it's highly like that you'll dominate possession but lose 50/50s which in turn cost you the match

It's about getting that balance. But yes, tackles are a very good indicator.

Yes, exactly. Succesful tackles are yet another category. Would not make any conclusion on them.

Agreed.