Official - Still Not Qualified for any Weekend League

Mr.Spireite
1656 posts Play-Off Hero
It is simply impossible to qualify, end of story.

Every side is now full of IF's and Legends who play in a way that for some reason my side cannot pass or even break down the oponents defence who just sit so deep it's silly.

So EA, well done you have made a mode that is so inclusive that all the players with the worst traits get the rewards. well done.

Oh and you removed tournaments so all we have to play is divisions.

Comments

• Nen
    8559 posts Moderator
    You can qualify via divisions, and qualification has gotten a lot easier via tournys since the auto qual. Keep it up, you will get there.
  • Shaanxz
    23460 posts Club Captain

Every side is now full of IF's and Legends who play in a way that for some reason my side cannot pass or even break down the oponents defence who just sit so deep it's silly.

So EA, well done you have made a mode that is so inclusive that all the players with the worst traits get the rewards. well done.

Single matches, play against friends, forum tourneys, pro clubs, h2h seasons, 2v2 seasons. Plenty of other things as well?!
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4802 posts National Call-Up

Ever thought you might not actually be good enough to qualify? The same as everyone isn't good enough to get to division one.

You're really not missing out on anything so I wouldn't worry about it anyway.
  • BaseCamp
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite
    the qualifiers are substantially easier then trying to hold d1 or advance from d2 imo.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    You can't blame the game for not ever qualifying.
  • P1stolpete187
    6397 posts Big Money Move
    Let me know if you get to a qualifying final i would be more than happy to help
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    Can you get to a final?

If you can I'm happy to match with you and give you the win

But on the flip side, if you fail to qualify every week then I'd be very reticent of wanting to play the actual tournament
  • WFCBagnall
    92192 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    You complain about people having If/Legend teams but have you ever thought about that if these people are decent at the game, the minimum wins they'll get is 29 (Elite 3) every week, which reward wise can vary from 150k minimum to well, whatever.

So say the average payout for Elite 3 is 200k a week. There has been 8 weekend leagues. So the minimum amount these players will be on is around 1.6 million coins. Take account all the very easy profitable sbc's and any fifa points they may have added, so they should be on like 2.5 million which is more than enough to get a very nice looking team with Ifs/Legends/Special cards.

You've got to play the game to get the rewards back, easy as that.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can you get to a final?

But on the flip side, if you fail to qualify every week then I'd be very reticent of wanting to play the actual tournament

Can't get past round 1 or 2 tbh.

Usually match up with full legend sides or full IF's

• Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    You complain about people having If/Legend teams but have you ever thought about that if these people are decent at the game, the minimum wins they'll get is 29 (Elite 3) every week, which reward wise can vary from 150k minimum to well, whatever.

So say the average payout for Elite 3 is 200k a week. There has been 8 weekend leagues. So the minimum amount these players will be on is around 1.6 million coins. Take account all the very easy profitable sbc's and any fifa points they may have added, so they should be on like 2.5 million which is more than enough to get a very nice looking team with Ifs/Legends/Special cards.

So the divide gets bigger.
  • Azof
    20054 posts Club Captain
    Not the games fault you are bad
  • Hippyboy6
    19932 posts Club Captain

Well the better players get the rewards they deserve. In your opinion should Portsmouth players get the same rewards as Barcelona players?
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4802 posts National Call-Up
    Can you get to a final?

Stop lying. I've had teams with three legends in and very rarely came across teams with more than a few legends in, nevermind EVERYTIME you play.

If you can't get past round 1 or 2 in the tournament it's best you don't qualify because you won't reach gold 3 for automatic qualification the next week.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not lying, every game when someone decides to not cherry pick......

• Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »

Well the better players get the rewards they deserve. In your opinion should Portsmouth players get the same rewards as Barcelona players?

I agree to an extent but if it's the same "top" players qualifying every week is that good for the longevity of the mode ?
  • WFCBagnall
    92192 posts Moderator

Yes.

Play the game and you'll be rewarded.

Nothing else to say really.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3952 posts National Call-Up
    Played a few games in pro clubs yesterday. So much more enjoyable.
  • hankiecutsit
    2603 posts Fans' Favourite
    I got in and got gold 2 with 6 games left, and I've just been relegated from division 3.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero

Yes.

Er I do play the game.

But always matched up in the weekend league qualification to what you would call monster players....
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I've played hundreds of games this year. In qualifying rounds and WL and I'm yet to see a full legend/IF team.

Everytime you lie, Santa takes a present away.
  • Hippyboy6
    19932 posts Club Captain

I agree to an extent but if it's the same "top" players qualifying every week is that good for the longevity of the mode ?

I do get what you are saying & certainly agree up to a point. I have always said this wouldn't be so much of a problem if they left the regular cups in the game.

They have already relaxed the qualification rules, not really sure what else they can do.
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    Can you get to a final?

Can't say I've had that issue. Face more difficult teams on paper in d3 tbf, usually pretty typical bpl or Sanchez teams
  • WFCBagnall
    92192 posts Moderator

Yes.

Er I do play the game.

But always matched up in the weekend league qualification to what you would call monster players....

But you are obviously playing against people that have been playing Weekend League for 8 weeks to your none.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    I've played hundreds of games this year. In qualifying rounds and WL and I'm yet to see a full legend/IF team.

Everytime you lie, Santa takes a present away.

Come round to my house and I will show you.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero

I do get what you are saying & certainly agree up to a point. I have always said this wouldn't be so much of a problem if they left the regular cups in the game.

They have already relaxed the qualification rules, not really sure what else they can do.

I agree, the removal of tournaments was perhaps a logical choice but it has left a lot of players with nothing to play but divisions.
  • CervezaNL
    1276 posts Professional

Try and get better at the game... If you are good enough you will qualify. Obviously you are not good enough now
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    CervezaNL wrote: »

Try and get better at the game... If you are good enough you will qualify. Obviously you are not good enough now

Been good enough for the last few years.

Just this mode is strange for some reason, strange things happen all over the pitch.

You know,

players colliding
    missing open nets
    lag at strange points in the game.
    passes just don't go the way you want them to.

• Qualified for the first time myself last night and this was my first session trying it; took 6 attempts but I found the Online Draft 4 games to be a harder issue.

Just have to play well and have a bit of luck on the way.
  • WildaF3niX
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite

Wait a second... I am winning with my sub 20k teams v legend/if teams?! There surely must be something wrong with you.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero

Yes.

Er I do play the game.

But you are obviously playing against people that have been playing Weekend League for 8 weeks to your none.

And these sweaty play merchants get all the rewards for being like that.