Karius v Butland

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
Been using Karius in my fitness and had no real problems, but now I could be using Butland instead and I've heard good things. Who's better?

Comments

• Mart777
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    Iv only used butland since the games out and he's op af
  • potato_hater
    2516 posts Fans' Favourite
    Butland is ridiculous
  • Ishibum
    11695 posts Has That Special Something
    Butland or Begovic
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    Butland is ridiculous

Yes, I use Lloris now because I have an untradeable one but actually he's no better than Butland in this game.

• CovLee_Candice
    3960 posts National Call-Up
    Gk is really random in this game. They will make same stupid mistake. Cheaper gk less rage in the game
  • Orikoru
    Gk is really random in this game. They will make same stupid mistake. Cheaper gk less rage in the game

Well they're both cheap.

Anyway, it was 4-0 to Butland on votes so I picked him up.
  • Jackets20
    1190 posts Professional
    I have both, I like Karius because he has amazing long throws and Butland doesn't. I don't see any difference really in game making saves tho.
  • Gorey420
    50 posts Park Captain
    Recently swapped Butland for Karius. It was the right choice.
  • Azablucky
    4096 posts National Call-Up
    Butland is OP but Begovic is insane. Only downside for him is he isn't as good as other keepers at saving finesse shots. But better in every other area other than that.
  • indcolts18288
    4536 posts National Call-Up
    I started the year out with Karius and he was ok at first then he just went complete dumb ****. He's the only GK I've used so far that has put the ball in his own net. Butland is one of the most used GK's for a reason although I will say that Fahrmann is better. Different leagues but Fahrmann is about as rock solid as it gets. Use him all day over my untreatable Neuer.
  • Orikoru
    I started the year out with Karius and he was ok at first then he just went complete dumb ****. He's the only GK I've used so far that has put the ball in his own net. Butland is one of the most used GK's for a reason although I will say that Fahrmann is better. Different leagues but Fahrmann is about as rock solid as it gets. Use him all day over my untreatable Neuer.

I used Fährmann for a while ages ago and yes, he was really good. In this team though the keeper is behind Smalling, Mustafi & Toprak, and unfortunately Smalling has no double link so I can't use Leno in goal. Unless I swap Mirallas out for Sterling or Walcott... f**k me I didn't think of that.

So err.. is Leno any good??
  • Angy
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    Butland is insane! Point is...if you got an opponent who knows how to finish his chances, then even Neuer is gonna get beaten 9/10 times! Thus it's those 50/50 chances that really count and differentiates a overpowered keeper against an average one, and trust me.....Butland is just insane with those!

When you use him and then go back and look at his stats, you would have proof that there are hidden stats in the game that make all the difference as his stats really so not justify his performance in game
  • Orikoru
    edited November 2016
    Angy wrote: »
    Butland is insane! Point is...if you got an opponent who knows how to finish his chances, then even Neuer is gonna get beaten 9/10 times! Thus it's those 50/50 chances that really count and differentiates a overpowered keeper against an average one, and trust me.....Butland is just insane with those!

When you use him and then go back and look at his stats, you would have proof that there are hidden stats in the game that make all the difference as his stats really so not justify his performance in game

Rather than calling it a 'glitch' or 'hidden' stats, maybe we can just assume that the best keepers are those that are over 6 foot 5 and have 85+ reflexes. Other than Butland, only Courtois, Cech, Fährmann, Hart and Donnarumma's two IFs fit that criteria. Although Hart wasn't that great when I used him, so I dunno. I usually look for high reflexes and height regardless though.
  • Angy
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Angy wrote: »

Rather than calling it a 'glitch' or 'hidden' stats, maybe we can just assume that the best keepers are those that are over 6 foot 5 and have 85+ reflexes. Other than Butland, only Courtois, Cech, Fährmann, Hart and Donnarumma's two IFs fit that criteria. Although Hart wasn't that great when I used him, so I dunno. I usually look for high reflexes and height regardless though.

I've used Hart as well and he is no way as op as butland....thus has to be something else
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    I hope Butland is OP since I am going to use him over my untradeable Neuer.

**** Neuer.... He will stand on his head for shots that SHOULD go in, but not save the really easy ones. Don't get it.
  • Primofusion
    263 posts Sunday League Hero
    Butland over Karius any day, but personally I love Cech so far he has been a rock for me in WL.
  • Riqqert
    678 posts Sunday League Hero
    Someone, please tell me what the deal is with butland. His stats are nothing compare to the higher rated goalkeepers in the game. How come this dude is overpowered?
  • tilen11
    4743 posts National Call-Up
    Riqqert wrote: »
    Someone, please tell me what the deal is with butland. His stats are nothing compare to the higher rated goalkeepers in the game. How come this dude is overpowered?

Nobody knows. Karius is the same. Saves everything.
    Reminds me on 16. Had Neuer and he didnt save shi*. Got Leno IF and he was even worse. In the end I used IF Zieler and he was saving everything
  • tribefaninnc
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    I used Karius for quite a while and he was decent. Have switched to Fahrmann and Begovic on different squads and like them both better so far.
  • Orikoru
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Riqqert wrote: »

Nobody knows. Karius is the same. Saves everything.
    Reminds me on 16. Had Neuer and he didnt save shi*. Got Leno IF and he was even worse. In the end I used IF Zieler and he was saving everything

It was all about SIF Fährmann on 16 - he was my best keeper by a comfortable distance. Like a brick wall.
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Butland or Begovic

• Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    Karius, used both