How do you use POTM Son?

iBaIIeR
494 posts Sunday League Hero
I'm a D1 player and usually get Elite on the weekends when I play all my games but I have scored 2 goals in 27 games with POTM Son. He is horrid for me. How do you guys use him? Preferably if you use him a squad with SBC Lacazette let me know.

Comments

• DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    I dont much care for him other than a sub. I had everything needed to get him and made like 50k while doing so, otherwise he would be a regret. I do like bringing him on as a sub as he will get back defensively and he can do all the requisite things to facilitate play. I havent used him much since I got SBC Costa and SBC Payet cause I start Payet and then Costa comes on at CAM around the 70th minute when Payet is fatigued.

I have watched people use him on streams and such and they seem to get the best out of him as a LF or even a striker. Personally, I wouldnt use him at striker cause he is weak and if I am gonna have a weak striker, I want him to have 4* skills. LF is probably your best bet. Or change formations and use him at CAM maybe.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12112 posts Has That Special Something
    Striker on stay forward, get in behind.

Was really good through 30 games then got kinda stale and hasn't been scoring nearly as much. 4* skills would make him soooooo much better.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    I would never force this but maybe got 4-3-2-1 and start him at LCM. In the front 3 have Martial-Lacazette-Sissoko. Probably Kante CCM and whomever French or EPL at RCM. Then in game switch to two striker formation with a CAM, with Son at CAM and Martial-Lacazette at striker. Then the midfield 3 would be random EPL CM, Kante, Sissoko RCM. That would probably work if you wanted to try and see if Son will work there.

Otherwise use him as a sub at CAM or at LF/ST. If its as a striker I would definitely have Lacazette be on to give a bit of strength.
  • DoD_Jester
    27288 posts Player of the Year
    edited November 2016
    I play him at lm (was at striker but switched form) in a 4411, gets up and down the field great and covers really well for Azpi's slight lack of pace at LB, going forward I just use him to recycle possession and cross in (the 5* wf makes him unpredictable and having Lukaku up top makes good use of that fact), he's also one of the better players I've used this year for no touch dribbling, just seems to blow past fullbacks for me, giving him the space to whip in one of those crosses I mentioned before

As a striker, similar to o uhmaziinq, he was great for around 20 games scoring from everywhere then he went a little off the boil, though in fairness as did I at the time

I'm by no means an 'elite' player btw, currently in d2 and average silver 1 or gold 3 in wl, just thought I'd share my thoughts
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Striker on 7 chem.
  • Falafelmonster
    5110 posts Big Money Move
    Super sub on RF... long shots for days
  • ChrisLFC
    7343 posts League Winner
    As a Sub (Usually for my LM/RM) He's really good at closing out a game when you're leading. He gets forward on the counter and tracks back well.
  • The longest yard
    5729 posts Big Money Move
    By putting him on the bench because hes awfull
  • MisterJV
    10774 posts Has That Special Something
    hes trash for me as well, decent finesse shot
  • Keep him on the bench. That's how he played for me. Does a great job there
  • Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain
    You don't
  • Wolver
    1773 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2016
    ST or LF he is always busy in my team. I love this about him
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    Sub him in usually either ST or CAM so that way he can use his crazy longshots which is a lot since all people do now is hide behind Low Pressure/Counter Attack/Park The Bus...it's honestly sad.
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class

Exactly what i did with mine

Turning Circle of a Truck

Clunky as hell
  • LeonidasJB
    17249 posts World Class
    Plays LM does a good job. Not expecting him to score loads from LM.
  • Stewie26
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have always played him LW in my teams.. 69 games played.. 38 goals....42 assists. Think he's an ace player.
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    i had more success with his NIF
  • Danz80
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    scored 4 in the semi and the winner in the final fut champs last night....Love my Son...
  • TacoDaPug
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2016
    Striker playing on the left in 41212-2 along with Potm Hazard, get in behind, press back line. Just receive the ball and shot, score. So great. Has 80ish goals and 50ish assists in 180 games, most as a sub. I now use them both as my main strikers, just amazing.
  • The longest yard
    5729 posts Big Money Move
    Uberman656 wrote: »

Exactly what i did with mine

Turning Circle of a Truck

Clunky as hell

Im glad he only cost me 5k
  • Lord Helton
    631 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I use him in my 3412 team, LM, set to come back on defence. Great at stopping the counter attack, but hasn't got a goal or assist since I changed to this formation.

Used to use him at LF in a 4321 where he would score 2-3 goals one game then do nothing for 2-3 games.
  • CPFC16
    2107 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's hopeless for me aswell, playing him LF and LW has 6 goals in 34 games.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2538 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2016
    I bring him on as a sub. Scored two yesterday to win me the semi final in the WL qualifier.
  • iBaIIeR
    494 posts Sunday League Hero
    He seems to be a polarizing player to say the least haha. I guess he is just suited more for some people than others.
  • CR7BRUH
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Rubbish for me clunky and weak imo
  • KOSTAFI
    1607 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hits crossbar religiously. I tried to like this card as I am fan of his in real life
  • Kieren1888
    1736 posts Play-Off Hero
    ive played 235 games with him scored 178 goals and 92 assists. Probs the last 30-40 games have been as a sub. He is amazing for me, his longshots are the best ive used. The big touch is really good with him to get by people.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    29258 posts Player of the Year
    I use him as a super Sub in cm. And he's class there, can take advantage of his longshots there too.
  • Blake
    4830 posts National Call-Up
    LW Stay forward stay wide
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    Super sub for me after about 70. He's amazing late on