Why is RB Ronaldo so Common?

HCx Rainbowz
382 posts Sunday League Hero
As silly as that sounds, since he was impossibly hard to pull from packs, in about half of the games I've played online in the past week, my opponent has had RB Ronaldo. He's almost impossible to play against, so it's a little annoying.

Am I just getting unlucky in my matchmaking, or has anyone else experienced the same? I know there's bound to be a lot of Ronaldos, but I've played vs teams with him more than Auba/Sturridge/Doumbia etc.

Comments

• Maziac
    811 posts Semi-Pro
    I've only seen him once against me, I have him though
  • Ben
    3085 posts National Call-Up
    No I've run into the same.manyone that is even half way decent is unstoppable with him.mhe can run through an entire defense with 3 people on his back and still score.

The reason there are so many is because a ton of packs were opened, and his card weight was high. During tots, the card will flood the market when people try to cash in.
  • deedot
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've never versed him so it must be just unlucky on your part
  • Eisenhardt
    4109 posts National Call-Up
    Millions of packs were opened the week that card was in the TOTW. That and the market is super inflated so a lot of people can afford it. Just look at 93 Suarez selling at 4.2 mill.
  • HCx Rainbowz
    Ben wrote: »
    No I've run into the same.manyone that is even half way decent is unstoppable with him.mhe can run through an entire defense with 3 people on his back and still score.

The reason there are so many is because a ton of packs were opened, and his card weight was high. During tots, the card will flood the market when people try to cash in.
    Didn't think there'd be that many though, even with a ton of packs being opened. I never see RB Messi or any of the other 'rare' players.

Only player who has been able to stop Ronaldo for me so far is IF Benatia, but even then it's tough.

• Sellish
    8123 posts League Winner
    What's RB?
  • Kibo1504
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sellish wrote: »
    What's RB?

Right back...

Nah record breaker, his 97 striker card
  • Kiid
    2531 posts Fans' Favourite
    Reason being the coin glitch, there used to be a time when 1 million was alot. 1 million back in Fifa 11 is basically like having 15 million today. Everyone and their dog can afford the likes of RB CR7
  • Eisenhardt

Why is that? You know how most of this card owners got their coins. As long as the source problem is not fixed, they can just get more. Him being so good IG and the hype surrounding this card makes me think he'll never drop below 15 mill regardless of how many of this card are out there. Only way I can see this happening is if EA actually patches you know what...
  • HCx Rainbowz
    Kiid wrote: »
    Reason being the coin glitch, there used to be a time when 1 million was alot. 1 million back in Fifa 11 is basically like having 15 million today. Everyone and their dog can afford the likes of RB CR7
    I remember packing Messi back in 11 and being amazed he went for 150k and thinking I was rich. Now I've got 1.4 mil on 15 and I feel poor.

• thomas_PCH2014
    3391 posts National Call-Up
    I remember packing Messi back in 11 and being amazed he went for 150k and thinking I was rich. Now I've got 1.4 mil on 15 and I feel poor.

that pic tho
  • Kevin
    1248 posts Professional
    It's because coinsellers now sell accounts with really expensive players like RB Ronaldo.
  • Kiid
    2531 posts Fans' Favourite

Yeah, times were different. The coin glitch aswell as the auto-buyers ruined this game, eliminate those two and you'll eliminate coin selling websites. There will barely any supply as coins will be hard to come by thus making coins expensive to the point where people won't buy them. There is a difference between spending a tenner and get 5 million or spending 30 and get 100k.

Like you said, having million in todays market is nothing more then mere pocket change
  • I doubt he'll flood like crazy unless the 98 TOTS version is a striker. He might drop to 14 million ish? I know I'm never selling mine because he's first owner, and the most dominant player ive ever used, averages 2.5 goals a game
  • limjitwe
    6102 posts Big Money Move
    Frankly, I have not seen any yet. Which division are u in?
  • Eisenhardt
    I doubt he'll flood like crazy unless the 98 TOTS version is a striker. He might drop to 14 million ish? I know I'm never selling mine because he's first owner, and the most dominant player ive ever used, averages 2.5 goals a game

Did the 94 drop below 15 mill? And why on earth do people think the TOTS card will be a ST card?
  • Ben
    edited May 2015
    Eisenhardt wrote: »

Why is that? You know how most of this card owners got their coins. As long as the source problem is not fixed, they can just get more. Him being so good IG and the hype surrounding this card makes me think he'll never drop below 15 mill regardless of how many of this card are out there. Only way I can see this happening is if EA actually patches you know what...

Because im guessing a lot of the rb Ronaldo owners bought 15-20 million coin mule accounts. When tots hits, coin prices will go through the roof. When those people realize they can get entire tots teams for the price of ronaldo, they will sell their card. This will cause the market to be flooded with the card, since there are 10's and possibly even 100's of thousands of them out in people's accounts.

Also, I believe that ea did in fact severely limit coin farmers ability to produce coins, and once current stock runs low, prices will shoot through the roof. I anticipate price ranges will drop in the order of 50% or more. People like to belittle me, but they are basing their opinions on the unsustainable aspects of the market.
  • Eisenhardt wrote: »
    I doubt he'll flood like crazy unless the 98 TOTS version is a striker. He might drop to 14 million ish? I know I'm never selling mine because he's first owner, and the most dominant player ive ever used, averages 2.5 goals a game

Did the 94 drop below 15 mill? And why on earth do people think the TOTS card will be a ST card?
    Way more RBs were pulled than the 94 I think. Again I said I doubt he'll flood the market, probably never more than a page of him. And the way I phrased that I was stating that I don't think he will be a striker, but it is possible with ea
  • Eisenhardt

Because im guessing a lot of the rb Ronaldo owners bought 15-20 million coin mule accounts. When tots hits, coin prices will go through the roof. When those people realize they can get entire tots teams for the price of ronaldo, they will sell their card. This will cause the market to be flooded with the card, since there are 10's and possibly even 100's of thousands of them out in people's accounts.

Also, I believe that ea did in fact severely limit coin farmers ability to produce coins, and once current stock runs low, prices will shoot through the roof. I anticipate price ranges will drop in the order of 50% or more. People like to belittle me, but they are basing their opinions on the unsustainable aspects of the market.

Not belittling you by any means mate. You're entitled to your opinion. Good thing mine is untradeable, so whatever happens is not gonna affect me in anyway. Although, I really doubt whatever EA did had any significant effect. Time will tell. :)
  • Simple
    1446 posts Professional

i think just the one time couple days ago during bayern vs barca there were couple pages of ST ronaldo but that's it.
  • Eisenhardt
    Simple wrote: »

i think just the one time couple days ago during bayern vs barca there were couple pages of ST ronaldo but that's it.

I saw that but they all went for 15 mill if I'm not mistaken.
  • thomas_PCH2014
    3391 posts National Call-Up

94 Ronaldo ST sold for 13.5 mil :)
  • Mishka
    1819 posts Play-Off Hero

@Ben another pin point market prediction
    tissue-paper-blowing-nose-nose-sneezing-box.jpg
  • Gamerjae
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ive come up against him many times, so many coin buyers everywhere. The people ive played against werent very good though ive only lost to a rb ronaldo once out of about 8 times.
  • Eisenhardt

Oh ok then, I was under the impression it never dropped below 15 mill.
  • Mishka
    1819 posts Play-Off Hero

he didnt. if one moron puts him less it doesn't says he isn't selling for 15mil
    even RB ronaldo was sold on min once , so ? does it makes his price 11mil ?
  • Eisenhardt
    Mishka wrote: »

That't true and it's what I thought. I'm just not sure what price the card was going for when there were a couple pages of it on the market. I could've sworn they all went for 15 mill.
  • Ben
    edited May 2015

I got the 94 for under 9 million prior to toty, and it is much more rare than the rb. Sold it for good profit just prior to toty starting. The rb could dip to around 10 million at its lowest, depending on what ea do with ranges.
  • Eisenhardt

I got the 94 for under 9 million prior to toty, and it is much more rare than the rb. Sold it for good profit just prior to toty starting. The rb could dip to around 10 million at its lowest, depending on what ea do with ranges.
    The market pre and post TOTY is completely different. I was referring to the 94 price when RB was released.
  • Ben
    Mishka wrote: »

94 striker Ronaldo was widely available for at least two days prior to toty, and was way under 15 million. I got one for 8.6 million, and there were tons of others for 9-13 million that sat unsold for days.