2 month of WL pretty much done and dusted

DirtyDishFC
11024 posts Moderator
Im worried that since the focus, for the most part, is about Weekend League and/or qualifying for weekend league, I am wondering how long until most people find the game stale. The SBC's help and all BUT its too bad they did away with tournaments (non WL variety). Just for something to play for fun. Seasons is try hard practice and WL qualifiers and the weekend itself is try hard for real. I just think as we move along and players lessen in value and packs get less and less rewarding unless you happen to be Elite or even Gold 1 (2 100k packs is alright), I think many people are gonna get turned off by the game and everyone dribbling to the end line to sweat it across or sitting on PTB/Ultra D and counter for 90 minutes.

I think by the end of January a lull not previously seen before will occur. Usually there is until TOTS but I just think a lot of people will be burnt out. I usually get in about 1000 games a year and I am already at nearly 700.

Anyone else share that belief on what is to come?

Comments

• hansie-fcu
    388 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They should do a light version of the weekend league as well. See weekend league as champions League and light League as Europa League
  • DREAM
    3209 posts National Call-Up
    if I couldn't qualify for fut champions i'd be incredibly bored with the game, divisions are meh
  • Adrian095
    33694 posts National Team Captain
    DREAM wrote: »
    if I couldn't qualify for fut champions i'd be incredibly bored with the game, divisions are meh

• DirtyDishFC
    11024 posts Moderator
    hansie-fcu wrote: »
    They should do a light version of the weekend league as well. See weekend league as champions League and light League as Europa League

Not a bad idea. Maybe have that be an open invite and just have the packs and rewards capped at like what silver 1 awards are or something.
  • Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    That's a very good point with when players become so cheap packs aren't worth it, when it hits that point I won't have any need to do it.
    Saying that I probably won't play WL at all next month as I can't play Christmas or new year's weekend
  • ZizioGardo
    1390 posts Professional

Then wouldn't the best players just play the "light version" and make it just like the WL?
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    ZizioGardo wrote: »

Then wouldn't the best players just play the "light version" and make it just like the WL?

This there's no way to avoid them, even single matches is infested with them
  • ZizioGardo
    1390 posts Professional
    Viggo 007 wrote: »

This there's no way to avoid them, even single matches is infested with them

People who play single matches and still go PTB ect. are disgusting.
  • DeHog
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tournament would be nice, scratching in division s can be very tedious. A few bad results and your relegatied where as a relaxed tournament would be less stressful
  • DirtyDishFC
    11024 posts Moderator

If you make the top reward like a 25k pack and a 15l pack and 15-20k coins, I doubt many would take the lesser route. I think it would open it up for players that sometimes qualify or just fall short in doing so to get better and get used to the mentality. Also new players could learn that way as well.

Plus lets say you cant play many games one weekend, you can just play a few in there.
  • John Knows
    837 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Decided to play fut drafts for the first time and 3 out of my 4 opponents on drafts even decided to ptb this shts getting out of control.
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    edited November 2016
    DREAM wrote: »

Seasons has been dull for a couple of years now but they're pointless now. The rewards just aren't good enough when compared to champions. Needs a complete overhaul next year.
  • Gromit
    3356 posts National Call-Up
    Said it a dozen times the only way to save this game is to return to its roots and it never will.

For "fun" the game was better when it was solely cups and Bronzes and Silvers were well populated and it was about playing for fun with a small reward. Very little was at stake so people were comfortable using the database of players.

Now it's all about greed, win at all cost, high rewards. And doing so any means possible using nothing but high sweat or high rated teams.

Speaking for myself the death of bronze and silvers has killed this game massively for me. I would try hundreds of cards over the year. Making a bronze team for 3k was pure joy, cheap, fun.

EA needs to basically have 2 modes. 1 competitive mode similar to weekend league but available 24/7.

And a second mode like cups that caters for bronze, silver and gold. With a small reward like cups had.

There has to be a low stress mode without this win at all cost mentality that lets people play for fun and hopefully resurrect bronze and silvers.

• edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    edited November 2016
    Gromit wrote: »
    Said it a dozen times the only way to save this game is to return to its roots and it never will.

For "fun" the game was better when it was solely cups and Bronzes and Silvers were well populated and it was about playing for fun with a small reward. Very little was at stake so people were comfortable using the database of players.

Now it's all about greed, win at all cost, high rewards. And doing so any means possible using nothing but high sweat or high rated teams.

Speaking for myself the death of bronze and silvers has killed this game massively for me. I would try hundreds of cards over the year. Making a bronze team for 3k was pure joy, cheap, fun.

EA needs to basically have 2 modes. 1 competitive mode similar to weekend league but available 24/7.

And a second mode like cups that caters for bronze, silver and gold. With a small reward like cups had.

There has to be a low stress mode without this win at all cost mentality that lets people play for fun and hopefully resurrect bronze and silvers.

Great post, the point about Bronze and Silvers is incredibly accurate. It's why I was sad to see Bronze and Silver tournaments go, it was pretty much the death of true creativity in FUT.
  • Gromit
    edited November 2016
    edwinstree wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »

Great post, the point about Bronze and Silvers is incredibly accurate. It's why I was sad to see Bronze and Silver tournaments go, it was pretty much the death of true creativity in FUT.

The high rewards was the death of FUT and creativity. Seasons with 15k rewards killed cups. Why play 4 games for 600c per game plus a 1k win reward. When you can get more for getting relegated in seasons lol.

I don't think there's any way back. Greed has well and truly taken over. You now see people complaining that the IF EA gave them as a free reward is **** lol.

I long for a day where I can go back to making bronze and silver teams and find a game but I'm not sure it will ever happen.

My suggestion was to add matchmaking options to single matches.

Bronze (allowed yes / no)
    Silver (allowed yes/no)
    Gold (allowed yes/no)

So people can cater for the game they want to play. As it stands single matches are flawed by the bronze benching that disguises team ratings and the subbing on 3 ringers etc.
  • ElBarco
    430 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just bring back the bronze, silver and gold cup. Would give us reason to use different / fun teams instead of every game being win or bust
  • Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    ElBarco wrote: »
    Just bring back the bronze, silver and gold cup. Would give us reason to use different / fun teams instead of every game being win or bust

This 100% I miss the fun of the gold cup
  • Gromit

But to do that they need to thin the game out first.

It can't support WL, Seasons, Draft, Single matches and cups.

Cups were already dead because of seasons and draft. With WL now the biggest source of reward there's no way they'd survive.

It's such a shame but unless it happens theres no way cups can return and be successful.
  • TheRealMadGamer
    1920 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah ea need to give us cups. They need to tone down the Ai defending so good players can't just ptb.